North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 12:07 pm)Michael hence why they should put a bus lane from the Wavendon to Broadway petrol station... that's the worst part of it! 

The problem of that section of road dates back to the early 90's, the council was looking at 2 options , the first option was to have the Chester road super route, second option is to have a London style congestion charge entering Sunderland from the boundaries of Ryhope, A19/A690,A19/A183 and North Sunderland ( I think the north Sunderland boundary was going to be fulwell mill. Since Chester road super route got scrapped then due to council cutbacks from getting less money from the government, previously it was stated that if the super route not getting built then the council was looking to put the congestion charge in by 2018-2022. So quite a few years yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 12:41 pm)cbma06 The problem of that section of road dates back to the early 90's, the council was looking at 2 options , the first option was to have the Chester road super route, second option is to have a London style congestion charge entering Sunderland from the boundaries of Ryhope, A19/A690,A19/A183 and North Sunderland ( I think the north Sunderland boundary was going to be fulwell mill. Since Chester road super route got scrapped then due to council cutbacks from getting less money from the government, previously it was stated that if the super route not getting built then the council was looking to put the congestion charge in by 2018-2022. So quite a few years yet.

Id rather have a super route, still think a bus lane could help with traffic and if it was changed from a roundabout to a square like junction and place traffic lights there to, it will be a massive help and safer..

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 10 Oct 2014

And in other news....

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-companies-battle-to-take-top-title/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2014

Old news that man eezypeazy. Dan put a link up elsewhere yesterday.

Nearly choked on my tea, reading the potential award for pricing!
Checked it wasn't April 1st either!
It isn't April 1st, so can only assume the entry was to make up the numbers Wink.
No sign of the likes of Brylaine in that section mind. £3.95 to travel half the length of Lincolnshire for 5p less than it costs on a short hop into Durham on the 20.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:51 am)Dan In other news, Dennis Trident 3890 is back at Percy Main following a deep clean at Thorntons.
I believe it was allocated to a scholars service yesterday afternoon, so it should be out on 327s today for anyone wanting a photograph... Either 3866 or 3867 should go to Saltmeadows after finishing up on this morning's 327.

Percy Main still have 3874 - possible that it's staying on temporarily to cover for the DFDS allocation in the paintshop.

Indeed 3890 is on 327 looks nice in Pink and white with the slogan "mini cruise, massive fun" and got photos 

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 1:42 pm)Andreos1 Old news that man eezypeazy. Dan put a link up elsewhere yesterday.

How? GNE only put it on their site this afternoon...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2014

Was published elsewhere yesterday. Not sure where Dan got the link from, it is in Off topic bus chat.

I saw the link on twitter from one of the transport publications a short while earlier.

RE: Go North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 10 Oct 2014

Well for them routes like the 21, 56, simple! No change given and exact fare only with clearly published zones, that would stop half of the delays that happen with muppets paying with £10 / £20 notes for only a short hop!

Re: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 10 Oct 2014

Fun and games on the 50 this evening. Pulls into Chester towards Shields a good 17 minutes late. Ticket machine is broken with a "Fatal error", so the driver collars the supervisor in Chester. Apparently all the machines are doing this now? Anyhow, replaced at the depot, but no attempt to take any fares or validate passes. Sigh...

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 4:50 pm)aureolin Ticket machine is broken with a "Fatal error"

So, who is the hacker?

Can this be done via the onboard wi-fi?

I think we should be told.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 4:50 pm)aureolin Fun and games on the 50 this evening. Pulls into Chester towards Shields a good 17 minutes late. Ticket machine is broken with a "Fatal error", so the driver collars the supervisor in Chester. Apparently all the machines are doing this now? Anyhow, replaced at the depot, but no attempt to take any fares or validate passes. Sigh...

Not every machine, but some are.  VIX have got a solution and its going to be uploaded very soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:51 am)Dan In other news, Dennis Trident 3890 is back at Percy Main following a deep clean at Thorntons.
I believe it was allocated to a scholars service yesterday afternoon, so it should be out on 327s today for anyone wanting a photograph... Either 3866 or 3867 should go to Saltmeadows after finishing up on this morning's 327.

Percy Main still have 3874 - possible that it's staying on temporarily to cover for the DFDS allocation in the paintshop.

Now have confirmation that 3867 is the example at Saltmeadows ready to be painted now.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:02 pm)Dan Now have confirmation that 3867 is the example at Saltmeadows ready to be painted now.

Even though there's only 4 to do repaint, give a deep wash, they're doing them quite quick

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm)citaro5284 Not every machine, but some are.  VIX have got a solution and its going to be uploaded very soon.
Cheers. Thought that might be the case!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Drifter60 - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 4:37 pm)DaveyBowyer Well for them routes like the 21, 56, simple! No change given and exact fare only with clearly published zones, that would stop half of the delays that happen with muppets paying with £10 / £20 notes for only a short hop!

It's not as easy as that, the days that cash machines start dishing out pound coins and 10ps etc. then that's the day I'd support this system. I know some places have it in practice but I find it a strange system. If you've got no change, you have to go to cash point- you're stuck with a note. 

(10 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm)Drifter60 It's not as easy as that, the days that cash machines start dishing out pound coins and 10ps etc. then that's the day I'd support this system. I know some places have it in practice but I find it a strange system. If you've got no change, you have to go to cash point- you're stuck with a note. 

Works well in Edinburgh.
There are change dispensers dotted around in appropriate places - indeed I have used the one in the bus station.

RE: Go North East - Latest - MurdnunoC - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm)Drifter60 It's not as easy as that, the days that cash machines start dishing out pound coins and 10ps etc. then that's the day I'd support this system. I know some places have it in practice but I find it a strange system. If you've got no change, you have to go to cash point- you're stuck with a note. 

Not only that, it also gives passengers a reason to travel with competitors. 

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan Works well in Edinburgh.
There are change dispensers dotted around in appropriate places - indeed I have used the one in the bus station.

Is there one on Princes Street? The main corridor for Lothian and where most people will board their bus in Edinburgh.

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 10 Oct 2014

Who would finance and service the change machines?

Nexus?

It's simple where the bus operator has a monopoly (like Edinburgh), but with GNE, Stagecoach and ANE having shares of the traffic, would that lead to 'tokens' rather than coins?

(10 Oct 2014, 5:56 pm)Robert Is there one on Princes Street? The main corridor for Lothian and where most people will board their bus in Edinburgh.

Bound to be one somewhere on Princes Street. I haven't used one there, but it'd be highly unusual if there wasn't one.

(10 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm)G-CPTN Who would finance and service the change machines?

Nexus?

It's simple where the bus operator has a monopoly (like Edinburgh), but with GNE, Stagecoach and ANE having shares of the traffic, would that lead to 'tokens' rather than coins?

There aren't any Lothian Buses services which serve Edinburgh Bus Station, and as far as I know, all operators which serve the bus station issue change - but there are still change machines there...