North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1402)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Dan - 16 Mar 2015

8293 was renowned for being rather unreliable. As has been mentioned, there was only two of these vehicles ever built, which made sourcing parts more difficult than usual resulting in longer periods off the road. Both 4845 and 8293 will be replaced by other vehicles when new vehicles enter service. Both vehicles are currently in storage at Saltmeadows Road pending disposal.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - nk55 - 16 Mar 2015

Does that mean the new vehicles for the X66 are due very soon?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Davie - 16 Mar 2015

Looks like 5166 was involved in an accident in Park Lane https://flic.kr/p/rn5wMh

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Adrian - 16 Mar 2015

(16 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm)Davie Looks like 5166 was involved in an accident in Park Lane https://flic.kr/p/rn5wMh

Ouch. Looks like it's damaged the fence where the two blokes are standing, going off the damage.

(16 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm)nk55 Does that mean the new vehicles for the X66 are due very soon?

They certainly are due very soon. Watch this space...

To answer a question posted earlier today: two vehicles arrived at Saltmeadows over the weekend for repaint - these being 561 and 6023.

Percy Main's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 will, of course, be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery (thus bringing our totals to 108 vehicles in Go North East's corporate livery, with 95 presently remaining in "Northern" branding). Less obvious but easily worked out given the time of year; Deptford's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 561 (NK53 TLF) will be given a fresh coat of yellow, ahead of transfer to Hexham, where it will see allocation to service AD122.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - omnicity4659 - 16 Mar 2015

I hope that branding will be applied to 561, a board in the window doesn't quite work imo.

(16 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm)Tommy_1581 I hope that branding will be applied to 561, a board in the window doesn't quite work imo.

The AD122 used to be operated with a substantial amount of funding from various parties, but the majority of this funding was revoked last year, which is why Go North East now operate the service. It's operated at a low-cost, and Go North East will make very little (if any) profit from running the service. As such, I highly doubt any branding will be given to the two MPDs which will be allocated to the AD122, and the destination display will have to suffice on this occasion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Tom - 16 Mar 2015

Is it commercial like?

(16 Mar 2015, 4:52 pm)Dan They certainly are due very soon. Watch this space...

To answer a question posted earlier today: two vehicles arrived at Saltmeadows over the weekend for repaint - these being 561 and 6023.

Percy Main's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 will, of course, be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery (thus bringing our totals to 108 vehicles in Go North East's corporate livery, with 95 presently remaining in "Northern" branding). Less obvious but easily worked out given the time of year; Deptford's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 561 (NK53 TLF) will be given a fresh coat of yellow, ahead of transfer to Hexham, where it will see allocation to service AD122.

Why yellow out of interest? Never understood why there are 11 MPDs painted yellow with no branding?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - S813 FVK - 16 Mar 2015

It would be interesting to see if Henry Cooper purchase 8293 so they have spare parts for their vehicle (HC04 BBB).

(16 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)aureolin Why yellow out of interest? Never understood why there are 11 MPDs painted yellow with no branding?

The former "Venture" branded examples only ever received the small "East Durham" logo on the front of the vehicle following transfer out of Consett to Peterlee, retaining the taglines at the top of the vehicle on the nearside/offside as they were similar to the "East Durham" branded allocation. I'd assume this is so that the vehicles at Peterlee can generate some revenue via advertising, making the low cost unit more profitable, rather than having the two "East Durham" logos on the nearside/offside?

Dennis MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 524 (NA52 AWG) was repainted into plain yellow for use on the AD122 last year. I'm not sure if there are any other reasons behind this colour other than it allowing Hexham greater leniency - it wouldn't have been the end of the world if this bus had to be allocated to one of the "Tynedale Links" branded services instead, and customers on the AD122 route would still recognise their bus as being yellow when it was approaching if a branded example had to be allocated to the AD122.

As for MPDs 542, 560, 561 and 564 carrying a plain yellow base livery, I can only assume this is linked to the way things worked a few years ago... Spare buses were always painted in white or yellow, rather than Go North East's corporate livery, as is the norm nowadays. This is why Go North East moved towards a more cost-effective single colour base livery for their corporate livery, as it's easy to identify the vehicle belongs to Go North East, and it's a bit cheaper to repaint a single colour rather than red, blue and yellow.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - LeeCalder - 16 Mar 2015

I seriously can't believe Streetlites are being used on the X66! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Don't GNE realise that during the school holidays those buses are going to be like sardines in a tin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - omnicity4659 - 16 Mar 2015

(16 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)leestransportphotos I seriously can't believe Streetlites are being used on the X66! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Don't GNE realise that during the school holidays those buses are going to be like sardines in a tin

Lets get B&H to bring the bendies back up, and watch the service fall apart.

(16 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)leestransportphotos I seriously can't believe Streetlites are being used on the X66! It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Don't GNE realise that during the school holidays those buses are going to be like sardines in a tin

Since the removal of the articulated Mercedes Citaros on the "Citylink" 58 service back in circa November 2013, Saturdays have seen the allocation of one Optare Versa V1170 vehicle, in Go North East's corporate livery, when the PVR is 5 opposed to 4 as it is on weekdays. Go North East has therefore trialled the suitability of single deckers on the X66 route for the past 16 months.

In August; Go North East trialled a demonstrator Euro 6 Mercedes Citaro 0350N, which was based at Riverside Depot for one week. Following this trial, Deptford-based "Drifter" branded Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Max 5375 (NL63 XBF) was loaned to Riverside Depot for one week, for further single decker trials on service X66. These trials were successful, and allowed Go North East to conclude that it would be appropriate to allocate single deckers to service X66.

The Streetlites allow for 45 passengers to be seated, with a further 21 standees. During the day, these vehicles should cope fine. At peak times, I sense a further vehicle may have to be brought in (perhaps coming off a 64/95/96 etc?) to cope with the increased loadings.

Trust me, Go North East senior management is well aware of how many passengers their services carry. Wink 

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - LeeCalder - 16 Mar 2015

Personally I just think it's a horrendous idea...... I can guarantee there will be 100's of complaints about them being to small. For years the X66 was a service kids used to love going on and looked forward to going on the 'bendy bus' it was GNE's 'signature' route but now it's just like the 82 for example! Shove anything on I

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - S813 FVK - 16 Mar 2015

(16 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm)leestransportphotos Personally I just think it's a horrendous idea...... I can guarantee there will be 100's of complaints about them being to small. For years the X66 was a service kids used to love going on and looked forward to going on the 'bendy bus' it was GNE's 'signature' route but now it's just like the 82 for example! Shove anything on I

Not really. The artics had many benefits but all of these were overpowered by the fact that they cost too much to run. I think it would be different if GNE hadn't have trialled a streetlite or anything else on the service but since they did and they know how busy the services got, they could compare them against the artics and make a judgement on which vehicles would be suitable.

(16 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm)leestransportphotos Personally I just think it's a horrendous idea...... I can guarantee there will be 100's of complaints about them being to small. For years the X66 was a service kids used to love going on and looked forward to going on the 'bendy bus' it was GNE's 'signature' route but now it's just like the 82 for example! Shove anything on I

It's hardly going to be a case of shove anything on it, when they've just put a successful business case together to purchase new vehicles for that route. 

I'm a bit wary about it, but they're the ones with all the ETM data - not me! As long as there's flexibility to stick a few extras into the timetable at Christmas, then I can't see there being a major problem.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Michael - 16 Mar 2015

Go North East
8 mins ·
Services are unable to serve Fawcett St in Sunderland, due to a broken down vehicle. We apologise for the inconvenience.

(16 Mar 2015, 5:49 pm)Michael Go North East
8 mins ·
Services are unable to serve Fawcett St in Sunderland, due to a broken down vehicle. We apologise for the inconvenience.

It's not a Metrocar is it? Big Grin

Yet we don't know exactly how many StreetLites are coming for the X66, it could possibly be revised to run every 5 minutes to cope with the passengers.