North East Buses
Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=1483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - mb134 - 26 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm)Dan He hasn't had an opportunity to drive the buses to provide feedback yet...

Pointless saying one or the other when he (and others) won't know how they perform from a driver's perspective!

Although could he (and others), not give the perspective from information they have read, experiences they have had, and other sources? 

As a kind of initial thought?

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - stueybish - 26 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 8:40 pm)mb134 Although could he (and others), not give the perspective from information they have read, experiences they have had, and other sources? 

As a kind of initial thought
I've had experience of E400s from my time at Arriva and I wasn't impressed.....the latest batch that have arrived at Darlington for Arriva alledgedly are keeping the ADL service man (who lives down the road from me) very busy. Admittedly they aren't MMCs but are they really going to be that different?
There is a video of SN64CTU on YouTube working the 36 for Transdev Harrogate and it does seem to trot along at a canny pace. The B5 we had last year was very ponderous, though I think it was set up for Lothian. Arriva are currently having issues with their Daimler engined Streetlites on the X1 and that does not fill me with confidence either!
I know people are saying they should transfer B9s from the Red Arrows to Pronto and I am inclined to agree, but there is going to be a time that B9s will be life expired and it makes sense to bite the bullet now and find out which of these new generation of small engined deckers will work on the X21

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 26 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 10:04 pm)RGR756V I've had experience of E400s from my time at Arriva and I wasn't impressed.....the latest batch that have arrived at Darlington for Arriva alledgedly are keeping the ADL service man (who lives down the road from me) very busy. Admittedly they aren't MMCs but are they really going to be that different?
There is a video of SN64CTU on YouTube working the 36 for Transdev Harrogate and it does seem to trot along at a canny pace. The B5 we had last year was very ponderous, though I think it was set up for Lothian. Arriva are currently having issues with their Daimler engined Streetlites on the X1 and that does not fill me with confidence either!
I know people are saying they should transfer B9s from the Red Arrows to Pronto and I am inclined to agree, but there is going to be a time that B9s will be life expired and it makes sense to bite the bullet now and find out which of these new generation of small engined deckers will work on the X21
The B9s will easily give another 3-4 years of service no problem though and spares across other depots are needed. For example, Riverside are having to still allocate a B7 to the TEN due to 6084 constantly being needed on the TTX.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - stueybish - 26 Jun 2015

And there's the next problem in a few years time...what do you get for the X9/X10??!!

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 26 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 10:55 pm)RGR756V And there's the next problem in a few years time...what do you get for the X9/X10??!!

Probably coaches aided by a few 'red spare' peak time runs between Newcastle and Peterlee or Scania E400MMCs.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Dan - 27 Jun 2015

Hehe..!

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - mb134 - 27 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 10:04 pm)RGR756V I've had experience of E400s from my time at Arriva and I wasn't impressed.....the latest batch that have arrived at Darlington for Arriva alledgedly are keeping the ADL service man (who lives down the road from me) very busy. Admittedly they aren't MMCs but are they really going to be that different?

Which batch(es) did you have experience with at Arriva? Smile

Doesn't sound too good with regard to the Darlington E400's, wonder if it's just that batch, I know I don't see every run, but Ashington's 14-plates hardly ever seem to be off the road... 

I seem to recall the B5 being quite underpowered(?), something about Lothian not ordering it for the route they trialled it on because it was finding it hard to keep to time? 

I was thinking about your last point yesterday actually, will a time come when operators have to ask a manufacturer to make a double deck with a large engine again, GNE need them for the TTX, and I'm sure there are a couple of other routes, I can't see Arriva wanting to go back to small engines on the X93 after the success of the B9's. 

Out of interest, does anyone know why Volvo are putting an 8 litre into their new single decker, but only a 5 into the double, surely it should be the other way around?

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Jimmi - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 7:05 am)mb134 Which batch(es) did you have experience with at Arriva? Smile

Doesn't sound too good with regard to the Darlington E400's, wonder if it's just that batch, I know I don't see every run, but Ashington's 14-plates hardly ever seem to be off the road... 

It will have been 7514-7521 which were new to Bishop Auckland and transferred to Darlington when Bishop Auckland depot closed.

When 7514-7521 where at Darlington depot there was the PVR of 6 on the 1/1B and one on the 5 and then there would always be one in Darlington depot - don't know why exactly.

Does seem to be issue with the new E400's on the 7. Don't what is up with them but are often being taken off the 7 during the day.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - stueybish - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 7:40 am)Jimmi It will have been 7514-7521 which were new to Bishop Auckland and transferred to Darlington when Bishop Auckland depot closed.

When 7514-7521 where at Darlington depot there was the PVR of 6 on the 1/1B and one on the 5 and then there would always be one in Darlington depot - don't know why exactly.

Does seem to be issue with the new E400's on the 7. Don't what is up with them but are often being taken off the 7 during the day.

Quite right Jimmi. I recall the day i was despatched to Jesmond to collect 7521, which would be my first proper drive of one, and I'd made up my mind about it by the time I got to the Tyne Bridge. I found them very slow pulling away (which is my biggest gripe with a service bus!), the visibility from the cab I found was riddled with blind spots and the general reliability was poor.

As far as looking for something for the X9/X10 in the future, I suspect you are going to be looking at an "Oxford Tube" type vehicle, which to be honest won't be a bad thing and in terms of attracting people from the car and the train won't be a bad thing. I certainly think the route justifies such a vehicle.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 27 Jun 2015

If the ADL E400MMC trial goes well, I think GNE will completely switch from Wrightbus bodies to ADL (bar Optare for minibuses).  

- E200MMC in the latter 2 lengths of 10.9 and 11.8 would fulfull the role of the Streetlite.
- ADL E300 would fulfull the role of a full size single decker where bigger wheels are needed to hold the roads.
- Scania E300 would most likely be an option available for the likes of the Tynedale or W/T express services.
- ADL E400MMC would fulfill the role of most double deck routes.
- Volvo B5LH E400MMC would fulfill the role of a hybrid double deck.
- Scania E400MMC would fulfill the role for the TTX and possibly the TEN / Red Arrows if GNE decided not to risk a smaller engine on the latter 2 routes.

ADL offers a far better product line up suiting all route / operational requirements now compared to Wrightbus who with the exception of the B8RLE, only offer buses mainly geared to towns and cities. If GNE were to order any ADL E400MMCs this year too, they could even save money if buying red spares too by ordering the old bodywork for the spare vehicles but with the Euro 6 engine / chassis.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - pdiddy - 27 Jun 2015

571 broke down at Bishop again today... I'd like to see these replaced. But dunno what with. Not keen on solos. What other options are there!

As for the demo comparison will have to see when I've had a go of them. Personally I think the company will buy Streetdeckers regardless, seeing as other Go Ahead company's are. Brighton and Oxford

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Davie - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm)pdiddy 571 broke down at Bishop again today... I'd like to see these replaced. But dunno what with. Not keen on solos. What other options are there!

As for the demo comparison will have to see when I've had a go of them. Personally I think the company will buy Streetdeckers regardless, seeing as other Go Ahead company's are. Brighton and Oxford

Would Streetlites be an option?

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 28 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm)Davie Would Streetlites be an option?

Malarkey replied to his question in the latest thread. Not many options out there.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - stueybish - 28 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm)Davie Would Streetlites be an option
In my opinion, the E200 is the best from a bad bunch. Weardale seem to be pleased with theirs, it's more economical than the Solo's and does not like to spend time over a pit in bits.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Scott - 29 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm)Davie Would Streetlites be an option?

In wheel forward yes, but very few operators actually use them, I don't any new ones were delivered last year, although it remains listed as an option.

Door foward examples would by too long.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 04 Jul 2015

Do you think GNE prefers heavyweight deckers over lightweight deckers? I know that could be said for the 47 due to the fact that a B5TL was trialed and they ended up purchasing dealer stock B9TLs but, do you think they ordered the B9TL because of the cost or due to preference or even commonality at Riverside depot?

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - stueybish - 04 Jul 2015

(04 Jul 2015, 4:07 pm)DaveyBowyer Do you think GNE prefers heavyweight deckers over lightweight deckers? I know that could be said for the 47 due to the fact that a B5TL was trialed and they ended up purchasing dealer stock B9TLs  but, do you think they ordered the B9TL because of the cost or due to preference or even commonality at Riverside depot?

I'll bet they got those B9s at a good price...

Anyway, the Streetdeck arrives at Crook on Tuesday and we'll be looking to get that out on service as soon as possible. On paper, the E400 sounds the better option as it has the bigger engine but the proof is in the pudding, and that is scheduled to arrive on the 14th of this month

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - citaro5284 - 04 Jul 2015

(04 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)RGR756V I'll bet they got those B9s at a good price...

Anyway, the Streetdeck arrives at Crook on Tuesday and we'll be looking to get that out on service as soon as possible. On paper, the E400 sounds the better option as it has the bigger engine but the proof is in the pudding, and that is scheduled to arrive on the 14th of this month

Streetdeck is here for 2 months (probably will end up at Percy Main for the second month to compare it to 6104), while the E400 is here for 2 weeks.

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Adrian - 04 Jul 2015

(04 Jul 2015, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 Streetdeck is here for 2 months (probably will end up at Percy Main for the second month to compare it to 6104), while the E400 is here for 2 weeks.

Don't suppose you know the allocated fleet numbers, do you? Tongue

RE: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 04 Jul 2015

(04 Jul 2015, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 Streetdeck is here for 2 months (probably will end up at Percy Main for the second month to compare it to 6104), while the E400 is here for 2 weeks.

Shame the E400 is only here for 2 weeks.