North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1529)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 10:05 am)Tom The 97 will only be every 20 minutes at some will terminate in Whickham.

Also with regards to the X30/X31 they can be very busy, saw an Omnidekka full when I was in town on Saturday, but it just depends on the time of day. Also, won't there be the same number of buses between Stanley and Newcastle if the 44/44A will only be every 30 minutes?

Every 10 minutes between Newcastle to Fellside Park via Gateshead and Whickham Highway then from Fellside park - every 20 minutes to the Metrocentre. 

Service 98/98A would continue to run from Whickham to Newcastle, only at the busiest times of day when the majority of passengers are travelling.

Is it a good move?, not from the area

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Greg in Weardale - 20 Jul 2015

Interesting theory from Venturego. If that would be the case and leave GNE the sections of route not in Nexusland if the Quality Contracts are imposed, I'd be all in favour of splitting these routes. Otherwise, whilst I've nothing against the Diamond proposals, I'd be totally against the Lanchester - Newcastle service being split as it would be detrimental to the community and I use them from time to time. I don't think the X30/31 justifies a 15 minute frequency, unless it's to use only single deckers. I hope an increase in their frequency isn't to be at the detriment of the X70/71 which I use a lot. However, these discussions between the North East Combined Authority and the government now taking place will probably result in increased powers for NECA (if they accept an elected Mayor), so we may find all routes in Tyne & Wear, Northumberland and County Durham being included in a revised QC system. If this is to be the case and it'll be imposed anyway for the whole region, I'd want improved rural services to be a requirement, funded by cross-subsidy, the profitable routes supporting socially necessary ones, and the inevitable rationalisation of urban routes, as no-one will convince me that a QC system will keep the present overall service levels where operators compete. But if we are going to get the new all-powerful NECA the government seems to want, it's much more logical to include Teesside and Darlington in it as it's a more logical area for economic, transport and health provision.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Dan - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 5:59 am)Dan Forgot to mention last week that Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8328 (NK11 HBC) and 8329 (NK11 HBN) have both now arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery and Quaylink yellow respectively.

The final bus, 8313 (NK10 GOC), is due early this week.

(20 Jul 2015, 6:08 am)Michael Dan, what else is at SM for repaint?

8313 (NK10 GOC) has now also arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint - nothing else has yet arrived to my knowledge.

(20 Jul 2015, 7:12 am)Michael Consultations for services in Stanley, North Durham, Whickham, Dunston and Winlaton - All responses received by 7 August will be considered.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/consultations-for-services-in-stanley-north-durham-whickham-dunston-and-winlaton

Interesting to see that GNE have moved back to online ones!

Go North East has also produced printed freepost customer consultations and I assume these will be made readily available in the appropriate allocated vehicles, bus stations, etc. It's entirely possible that these will be posted to houses in the appropriate catchment areas too, given that Go North East has upped their game on this front with promotional leaflet drops (such as the Prince Bishops one you received not too long ago).

Let's hope the online consultation is not abused, with those who aren't from the area (or those who don't regularly use the services proposed to change) contributing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Tom - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 11:26 am)Dan Let's hope the online consultation is not abused, with those who aren't from the area (or those who don't regularly use the services proposed to change) contributing.

A suggestion would be that you have to provide a postcode or address in order to fill in the survey?

Then it the consultation wouldn't be abused.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - cbma06 - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 11:50 am)Tom A suggestion would be that you have to provide a postcode or address in order to fill in the survey?

Then it the consultation wouldn't be abused.

but you can easily put someone elses address or postcode in though, cant see GNE checking every single postcode and address that would of been put on the consulation.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Diamond One - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 7:12 am)Michael Consultations for services in Stanley, North Durham, Whickham, Dunston and Winlaton - All responses received by 7 August will be considered.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/consultations-for-services-in-stanley-north-durham-whickham-dunston-and-winlaton

Interesting to see that GNE have moved back to online ones!

Looks good the consultation shame about splitting the Stanley routes a little might cause chaos but wish they would do a South Tyneside one we haven't had one in years

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - R852 PRG - 20 Jul 2015

I like the idea of splitting the ''Diamond'' services, so there is a service every fifteen minutes between Stanley and Durham, and every fifteen minutes between Stanley and Newcastle. To possibly avoid complaints about having to change buses, I have a couple of suggestions. The first, is to have a guaranteed connection at Stanley for those who wish to carry on from the terminus to the other section of the route. However, if a 43 is delayed leaving Newcastle, and cannot make up time, this will only mean the service to Durham from Stanley will end up being delayed due to having to wait. My second suggestion, is that with the fifteen minute frequency; a service to Durham leaves Stanley seven/eight minutes after the Newcastle service is scheduled to arrive, allowing the opportunity for any lost time to be made up, and passengers not having to endure a long wait for their next service. I'd imagine through fares are available on both parts of the route.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm)R852 PRG I like the idea of splitting the ''Diamond'' services, so there is a service every fifteen minutes between Stanley and Durham, and every fifteen minutes between Stanley and Newcastle. To possibly avoid complaints about having to change buses, I have a couple of suggestions. The first, is to have a guaranteed connection at Stanley for those who wish to carry on from the terminus to the other section of the route. However, if a 43 is delayed leaving Newcastle, and cannot make up time, this will only mean the service to Durham from Stanley will end up being delayed due to having to wait. My second suggestion, is that with the fifteen minute frequency; a service to Durham leaves Stanley seven/eight minutes after the Newcastle service is scheduled to arrive, allowing the opportunity for any lost time to be made up, and passengers not having to endure a long wait for their next service. I'd imagine through fares are available on both parts of the route.

Would be brilliant if they could number the services how they were before they merged them together. 718 (current 43 between Stanley and Durham) and 719 (current 44 between Stanley and Durham). Obviously, don't have them extend up to Consett like they used to (718 evenings and Sundays only).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - R852 PRG - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 12:24 pm)S813 FVK Would be brilliant if they could number the services how they were before they merged them together. 718 (current 43 between Stanley and Durham) and 719 (current 44 between Stanley and Durham). Obviously, don't have them extend up to Consett like they used to (718 evenings and Sundays only).

I'd like to see some services renumbered to their former numbers, but I think the current system has been around for so long that the current numbers are set in stone with passengers. Some passengers who did not use the services when they were the 194, 775, etc. would be scratching their heads if a bus turned up showing that destination. Tongue

That said, I know a lot of passengers remember the old service numbers. One of my teachers continuously refers to the ''Connections4'' as the 194, and my late grandad always referred to the 78 as the 778.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Diamond One - 20 Jul 2015

Looks like In October there will be loads of changes happening

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 20 Jul 2015

Reported that one of the Optare Solo SRs for Peterlee was heading up the A1 earlier. In pink too!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Rapidsnap - 20 Jul 2015

Seen someone mention on facebook that a bright pink Solo was seen passing washington services with GNE on the blinds. Judging by the colour description will it be the return of the Pink Panther.

(20 Jul 2015, 2:06 pm)GMitchelhill Seen someone mention on facebook that a bright pink Solo was seen passing washington services with GNE on the blinds. Judging by the colour description will it be the return of the Pink Panther.

Hopefully the Solos will be at the same specification as the Streetlites.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - LeeCalder - 20 Jul 2015

Just too add, one of the drivers from Riverside told me to expect massive changes in September.

(20 Jul 2015, 2:13 pm)Tom Hopefully the Solos will be at the same specification as the Streetlites.

I would imagine so. Without WiFi like the Venture Solos i'd think with them being mainly local services with very few long distance routes.

(20 Jul 2015, 2:20 pm)S813 FVK I would imagine so. Without WiFi like the Venture Solos i'd think with them being mainly local services with very few long distance routes.

Yeah hopefully they will have WiFi though as the 202, 208 and 265 are all pretty long, and the 206 goes a decent treck.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Dan - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 2:05 pm)S813 FVK Reported that one of the Optare Solo SRs for Peterlee was heading up the A1 earlier. In pink too!

(20 Jul 2015, 2:06 pm)GMitchelhill Seen someone mention on facebook that a bright pink Solo was seen passing washington services with GNE on the blinds. Judging by the colour description will it be the return of the Pink Panther.

That's right - new Optare Solo SR 655 (NK15 GDJ) was delivered to Go North East earlier today.

As for the brand name, interior specification, and other technicalities, I'd suggest your best bet is to keep an eye on Go North East's website... More info coming soon! Smile

Fleet Allocation effective 20th July 2015:
  • 7087 Driver Training to Hexham
  • 6020 Percy Main to Deptford
  • 4843 Chester le Street to Riverside
  • 4854 sold

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 2:17 pm)LeeCalder Just too add, one of the drivers from Riverside told me to expect massive changes in September.

Might be for the highwayman etc

also:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/extra-buses-and-money-saving-tickets-for-the-great-north-run

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - cbma06 - 20 Jul 2015

Nooooooooooooooo Sad

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - LeeCalder - 20 Jul 2015

(20 Jul 2015, 2:47 pm)Dan That's right - new Optare Solo SR 655 (NK15 GDJ) was delivered to Go North East earlier today.

As for the brand name, interior specification, and other technicalities, I'd suggest your best bet is to keep an eye on Go North East's website... More info coming soon! Smile

It's not the Pink Panthers again is it Rolleyes Wink