North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1529)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Dan - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm)aureolin Internal branding is difficult, as you can't standardise it across your fleet. If you've seen the MAX branding on the Arriva VDL/Gemini 2s, you'll see what I mean. Although it's been applied, it serves no purpose, as you'd have to angle your neck at a 90 degree angle to read it. The same problem with the Volvo/Gemini 2s that GNE have, especially on the lower deck.

Streetlites, for example, would be great to apply internal branding to, because of the shaping of the body towards roof in the saloon. But then you'd encounter people complaining that it's not standard across the fleet...

The problems with internal branding don't just lie with the angle of the cove panels, either.

If you've been on Arriva's "MAX" branded Volvo B9TLs on service X93, you may have noticed that the same internal branding vinyls are not placed in the same section of the cove panel in each bus.

As such, Arriva has run into a bit of a dilemma with at least one vehicle in that batch, as their line map for the X93 has been covered by something else (a hammer to break the window glass if my memory serves?) owing to its position. If I remember rightly, Guisborough and the stop before and after this location were barely legible.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - L469 YVK - 23 Jul 2015

Is Citylink going to be announced by Metro Radio now?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Malarkey - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 8:54 pm)citaro5284 What is your feeling then......

For me: (The Wearsider) for the Gold Mercs Service 36 follows the River Wear quite closely along it route from CLS to Town End Farm, along with crossing it at Monkwearmouth, Likewise Service 35 also follows it to some extent, both services also pass quite a few local landmarks such as Stadium of Light, Monkwearmouth Bridge, Lumley Castle & Durham International Cricket Ground which could be depicted on the Branding, similar to the Toon Link and Revised Black Cats Brands.

As for the Silver Mercs (The Village Miner or The Coal Miner), Quite simply really, the route the 61 serves many Mining Villages such as Ryhope on its way to its terminus of Murton, The 61 also stops close to the Ryhope Engines Museum located on Waterworks Road just off of Stockton Road in Ryhope which would further add meaning to the Brand.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Tom - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 9:55 pm)Malarkey For me: (The Wearsider) for the Gold Mercs Service 36 follows the River Wear quite closely along it route from CLS to Town End Farm, along with crossing it at Monkwearmouth, Likewise Service 35 also follows it to some extent, both services also pass quite a few local landmarks such as Stadium of Light, Monkwearmouth Bridge, Lumley Castle & Durham International Cricket Ground which could be depicted on the Branding, similar to the Toon Link and Revised Black Cats Brands.

As for the Silver Mercs (The Village Miner or The Coal Miner), Quite simply really, the route the 61 serves many Mining Villages such as Ryhope on its way to its terminus of Murton, The 61 also stops close to the Ryhope Engines Museum located on Waterworks Road just off of Stockton Road in Ryhope which would further add meaning to the Brand.

I like it Adam. Especially the Wearsider one.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - tyresmoke - 23 Jul 2015

How's about simply "the Villager" ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Malarkey - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 10:06 pm)tyresmoke How's about simply "the Villager" ?

Think we have bashed the linking of brands between Go North East & Trent Barton a bit to much now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 10:06 pm)tyresmoke How's about simply "the Villager" ?

Another trentbarton brand Tongue
Nowt wrong with it though. Nice and simple and effective.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - LeeCalder - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm)Diamond One i have a feeling what they are called but i wanna know ahead of time to let others know

Why? Everyone should find out at the same time.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Rapidsnap - 23 Jul 2015

The Gold Citaros at Deptford are all going to be called Bob.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - G-CPTN - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 10:59 pm)GMitchelhill The Gold Citaros at Deptford are all going to be called Bob.

Buses used to be called Dennis.

[Image: Barr18.jpg]

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 24 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 9:55 pm)Malarkey For me: (The Wearsider) for the Gold Mercs Service 36 follows the River Wear quite closely along it route from CLS to Town End Farm, along with crossing it at Monkwearmouth, Likewise Service 35 also follows it to some extent, both services also pass quite a few local landmarks such as Stadium of Light, Monkwearmouth Bridge, Lumley Castle & Durham International Cricket Ground which could be depicted on the Branding, similar to the Toon Link and Revised Black Cats Brands.

I like both idea for the brand names Adam.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - omnicity4659 - 24 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 3:31 pm)R852 PRG How about you have a crack at doing a better job?

I've designed many liveries in the past for various routes which reflect the places served. indiGo seems a bit half-hearted as there's little reference to East Durham, but I understand that the East Durham brand was known as "old rattling buses", so to create a brand that resembles the area without mentioning "East Durham" will be difficult.

Brands like "Crusader" reflect the area history. "The Pitman" (or men) could have been a relevant brand. 

indiGo stinks of Trent Barton, in my opinion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 24 Jul 2015

(24 Jul 2015, 7:13 am)GX03 SVC indiGo stinks of Trent Barton, in my opinion.

And 'Red Arrows' doesn't? Yes Go North East have added an 's' on the end of it but it is still extrememly similar. 
Eventhough i know it is similar to trentbarton, i just let the fact right past me.

(24 Jul 2015, 7:20 am)S813 FVK And 'Red Arrows' doesn't? Yes Go North East have added an 's' on the end of it but it is still extrememly similar. 
Eventhough i know it is similar to trentbarton, i just let the fact right past me.

Black Cats to... when that comes back... although no idea when.............Pronto........both name wise..

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 24 Jul 2015

(24 Jul 2015, 7:23 am)Michael Black Cats to... when that comes back... although no idea when.............Pronto........both name wise..

Exactly. At the end of the day, it isn't illegal for companies to share a brand name. I suppose it's only enthusiasts who will know that thw brand is remotely similar/the same as a brand elsewhere.

(24 Jul 2015, 7:27 am)S813 FVK Exactly. t the wnd of the day, it isn't illegal for companies to share a brand name. I suppose it's only enthusiasts who will know that thw brand is remotely similar/the same as a brand elsewhere.

Na shouldn't be, if they go with their own idea(s) of how the brands will be... example: GNE Black cats... will be a red base with white and Sunderland landmarks on, where as Trent Barton's is black base with a silver cat.. or that was it last time i seen a updated picture of it.

Pronto is the same.... Blue base here, Trent Bartons is a pink base.

(24 Jul 2015, 7:34 am)Michael Na shouldn't be, if they go with their own idea of how the brands will be... example: GNE Black cats... will be a red base with white and Sunderland landmarks on, where as Trent Barton's is black base with a silver cat.. or that was it last time i seen a updated picture of it.

Pronto is the same.... Blue base here, Trent Bartons is a pink base.

The black cat is still the same as the last time you saw an updated picture of it Tongue

It could be argued that Go North East have also stolen the 'Pronto' name from Stagecoach too since they also operate the service using 64 reg E300s (used to be 09 reg MANviros) whereas TrentBarton use 03 reg Solars. I wonder which you would choose...I'd go for the Solars myself.

(24 Jul 2015, 7:40 am)S813 FVK The black cat is still the same as the last time you saw an updated picture of it Tongue

It could be argued that Go North East have also stolen the 'Pronto' name from Stagecoach too since they also operate the service using 64 reg E300s (used to be 09 reg MANviros) whereas TrentBarton use 03 reg Solars. I wonder which you would choose...I'd go for the Solars myself.

I didn't even know that Stagecoach had a "pronto" brand haha.

For the Black Cats brand up here i'll have to say solars...because tbh the Cadets and B10's don't have much time left... going to be pointless branding them then withdrawing them and re-branding what ever goes on the routes...if they keep the brand.

I think we'll need a thread for Trent Barton at this rate!

(24 Jul 2015, 7:43 am)Michael I didn't even know that Stagecoach had a "pronto" brand haha.

I think we'll need a thread for Trent Barton at this rate!

Its exactly the same as TrentBarton. Same route - admittedly, Stagecoach do have more control over the service than TrentBarton.

[Image: 19798583242_255309fe6f.jpg]Stagecoach AD Enviro 300 27183 SL64HXS - Mansfield by David Burrell, on Flickr

[Image: 19032548671_17f51a1163.jpg]trentbarton pronto 611 FJ03 VVZ by mattb251, on Flickr

(24 Jul 2015, 7:46 am)S813 FVK Its exactly the same as TrentBarton. Same route - admittedly, Stagecoach do have more control over the service than TrentBarton.

[Image: 19798583242_255309fe6f.jpg]Stagecoach AD Enviro 300 27183 SL64HXS - Mansfield by David Burrell, on Flickr

[Image: 19032548671_17f51a1163.jpg]trentbarton pronto 611 FJ03 VVZ by mattb251, on Flickr

The brand suits both buses, the E300 for me is better Tongue