North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1529)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Dan - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 7:06 am)Michael Well that's daft what if i used the services which were changing as a weekly service........like the X36 to Heworth then the 51 for example.

I didn't even receive at an email for the last set of Sunderland changes.

You're saying "what if"... The real question is - do you?  Tongue

I think we've had a similar debate in the past regarding catchment areas. I honestly doubt many customers in the Sunderland and Peterlee areas (for example) would use a bus from those areas to connect to one of the ones being revised at the end of this month. I believe there have been leaflets and other publications posted to houses on the Orbit 51/52 routes to advertise the service revisions - again, there would be no point posting these in houses within Sunderland, as the chances are, they'll rarely use the services in question. There may be a couple of exceptions to this, but there are other ways in which they can find out information regarding the changes, such as through Social Media and Go North East's website.

Again, as I said in my original post, if "normal" customers received an e-mail about every single service revision (most of which probably won't even affect them), it makes the e-mails less effective. I know I receive some personal e-mails and a lot of them simply get ignored, as I receive the e-mails so often. I've come to the conclusion that the information contained within probably isn't of great interest (and if it is, I will probably be prompted to view the e-mail by someone else). I'd imagine that it'll be a similar story for "normal" customers in this situation, too.

(07 Jul 2015, 7:13 am)GuyParkRoyal Bluegrass Research are running a survey with members of the Go North East Passenger Panel on the subject of Liesure Time Transport.

For those who aren't a part of the Passenger Panel and would like to see the survey, see attached screenshots. Note that some of the questions are related to some of my answers, but you can get the general idea...

.png
PP_1.png
Size 62.76 KB / Downloads 36

.png
PP_2.png
Size 57 KB / Downloads 26

.png
PP_3.png
Size 48.49 KB / Downloads 17

.png
PP_4.png
Size 60.24 KB / Downloads 20

.png
PP_5.png
Size 46.91 KB / Downloads 22

.png
PP_6.png
Size 56.92 KB / Downloads 17

.png
PP_7.png
Size 57.07 KB / Downloads 22

.png
PP_8.png
Size 57.04 KB / Downloads 24

.png
PP_9.png
Size 56.04 KB / Downloads 16

.png
PP_10.png
Size 59.45 KB / Downloads 28

.png
PP_11.png
Size 59.13 KB / Downloads 19

.png
PP_12.png
Size 54.77 KB / Downloads 19

.png
PP_13.png
Size 53.23 KB / Downloads 18

.png
PP_14.png
Size 67.52 KB / Downloads 29

.png
PP_15.png
Size 46.68 KB / Downloads 20

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Davie - 07 Jul 2015

Does anybody know if the Streetdeck has arrived yet?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Dan - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 11:40 am)Davie Does anybody know if the Streetdeck has arrived yet?

No it hasn't - I'm sure it will be noted on the forum when it has arrived.

Former "The Orbit" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8330 (NK11 HDO) and 8331 (NK11 HJX) have arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into a plain yellow base livery, ahead of the service revisions at the end of this month. As such, just three of each branded Optare Versa (8313/15/16 for QuayLink, 8332/35/37 for Orbit) remain to be repainted, as well as the two plain purple former "SimpliCity" branded examples (8328/29).

I'd suggest that it'd be a good idea to be on the lookout for 8311 (NK10 GNZ)... Rolleyes

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Michael - 07 Jul 2015

Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Malarkey - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm)Michael Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

Only time will tell, guess they will be done once the Quaylink/Orbit Repaints have concluded as those Citaros are a right state.

8243 is on Driver Training in the Washington Area, seen around 10 Minutes ago coming through Lambton heading towards The Galleries, guessing they were doing the 82 Route maybe, although they could of been doing the 2/50.

(07 Jul 2015, 12:02 pm)Michael Anyone know whats happening with rest of the Crusader Citaro's, will they be repainted Silver to?

I'm not sure but 5310 has lost it's rear advertisment

(07 Jul 2015, 12:12 pm)Malarkey Only time will tell, guess they will be done once the Quaylink/Orbit Repaints have concluded as those Citaros are a right state.

8243 is on Driver Training in the Washington Area, seen around 10 Minutes ago coming through Lambton heading towards The Galleries, guessing they were doing the 82 Route maybe, although they could of been doing the 2/50.

Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

They seem to of started them and stopped then decided to start something new, it was known the Versa's would go in at sometime along with something else, which i think people would of being the Crusader Citaro's....

(07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm)Michael Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

They seem to of started them and stopped then decided to start something new, it was known the Versa's would go in at sometime along with something else, which i think people would of being the Crusader Citaro's....

If you can remember when 5210 was repainted, I think it was plain yellow for 9 months (Or something like that)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Malarkey - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm)Michael Also the Cadets for the "Black Cats" and the Gold Citaro's......... haha 

Cant see the point in branding the Cadets "Black Cats" when they will need to be Withdrawn within the next 17 Months, Personally think the Gold Citaros should of been painted Red and Branded "Black Cats", think the proposed Livery would of looked brilliant on the Mercs.

But when they stopped doing the Crusaders/B7TL Presidents, that was when the Streetlites started to Arrive for the X66, Red Kite and C&C and prepared for entering service, Then the Omnidekkas arrived from Brighton and they all needed Repainting before entering service, not that the above has been completed, Saltmeadows can now resume with Repaints of Vehicles currently in the Fleet as they are doing now with the Quaylink/Orbits & Gold Citaros.

Think BusmanT said the East Durham Solo SRs were due to be Delivered also.

(07 Jul 2015, 12:36 pm)Malarkey Cant see the point in branding the Cadets "Black Cats" when they will need to be Withdrawn within the next 17 Months, Personally think the Gold Citaros should of been painted Red and Branded "Black Cats", think the proposed Livery would of looked brilliant on the Mercs.

But when they stopped doing the Crusaders/B7TL Presidents, that was when the Streetlites started to Arrive for the X66, Red Kite and C&C and prepared for entering service, Then the Omnidekkas arrived from Brighton and they all needed Repainting before entering service, not that the above has been completed, Saltmeadows can now resume with Repaints of Vehicles currently in the Fleet as they are doing now with the Quaylink/Orbits & Gold Citaros.

Think BusmanT said the East Durham Solo SRs were due to be Delivered also.

Forgot about the East Durham Solo SR's being due.... 

I would of liked to see it on the Citaro's more than the Cadets..... would be good to see the 35/35A/36 also gain "Black Cats" brand but on the gold base... would be good to see it on all of the non branded routes in Sunderland, if i'm being honest!

I signed up for the key as my Network one pass runs out the 17th July with me finishing uni, it won't get renewed..............

Will GNE automatically just send a keycard out for me?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2015

6133 is on Scholars 821 tonight

8311 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/428220613955051/

(07 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm)Davie 8311 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/428220613955051/

Can't see it as the group is closed, not joining because some of the Facebook groups are full of nobs

(07 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)Michael Can't see it as the group is closed, not joining because some of the Facebook groups are full of nobs

Its in the Green Variation for the Q3.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm)Malarkey Its in the Green Variation for the Q3.

Image below:

(07 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm)S813 FVK Image below:

Doesn't look to bad, much better than the old Quaylink and Great Park.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - Jimmi - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm)S813 FVK Image below:
Wasn't sure about this design when it appeared on the GNE website as an illustration but seeing it actually applied to the bus makes me think that this design is alright. Looking forward to seeing them on the streets in service soon.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - grandad - 07 Jul 2015

Regarding NSA's - are the outward and return journeys recorded separately or do you run the outward recording in reverse for the return run?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015 - R852 PRG - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm)S813 FVK Image below:

At least it retains some element of the old plain but effective ''Quaylink'' livery.