North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1557)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - BusLoverMum - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 5:49 pm)aureolin The staircase windows? They make no sense! It's pretty much obscured by the internal wall, between the bottom of the stairs and the lower saloon. 

I've had a few rides on it now, and I still think it feels (and sounds) like a bus that's been on the road for 6 or 7 years. I really hope GNE pass on these, as I can't think of a single route that would suit them. 
The outside windows! The ones that opened are tiny and look flimsy and the outside with the black panelling around the windows was just fugly (not helped by it being silver - hate silver cars, too - they look bald). From the inside, it just felt claustrophobic.

And yes, apart from everything having an air of not being glued down properly, the engine really vibrated when standing and sounded like a tractor.

The other buses we caught today were single deckers (a Streetlite and a couple of Pulsar 2s) so obviously all felt roomier and brighter, but the ancient Plaxton President (ex-Angel) we caught on Saturday was also brighter and airier and much less of a ear bursting boneshaker.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Aug 2015

I am going to imagine that the event in Sunderland on Friday will be next to Sunderland Station (outside the Bridges where the 56's Sunderland launch was held).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - omnicity4659 - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 6:17 pm)S813 FVK I am going to imagine that the event in Sunderland on Friday will be next to Sunderland Station (outside the Bridges where the 56's Sunderland launch was held).

If that's the case that will be easy for me to get to with my metro ticket.  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - BusLoverMum - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 6:17 pm)S813 FVK I am going to imagine that the event in Sunderland on Friday will be next to Sunderland Station (outside the Bridges where the 56's Sunderland launch was held).

So where will that guy build his sand dog? Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)BusLoverMum So where will that guy build his sand dog? Big Grin

You don't necessarily need to be at a beach to make a sand sculpture?

Somebody made one when i was in Stockton last week and it was just sitting on the high street behind the market.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Jimmi - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)BusLoverMum So where will that guy build his sand dog? Big Grin
He'll find somewhere, there is always one everywhere I've been recently.

(03 Aug 2015, 6:32 pm)S813 FVK You don't necessarily need to be at a beach to make a sand sculpture?

Somebody made one when i was in Stockton last week and it was just sitting on the high street behind the market.

He's often out there with his sand and cloth.

The dog never seems to get any better with practise.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Adrian - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm)BusLoverMum The outside windows! The ones that opened are tiny and look flimsy and the outside with the black panelling around the windows was just fugly (not helped by it being silver - hate silver cars, too - they look bald). From the inside, it just felt claustrophobic.

And yes, apart from everything having an air of not being glued down properly, the engine really vibrated when standing and sounded like a tractor.

The other buses we caught today were single deckers (a Streetlite and a couple of Pulsar 2s) so obviously all felt roomier and brighter, but the ancient Plaxton President (ex-Angel) we caught on Saturday was also brighter and airier and much less of a ear bursting boneshaker.

I hadn't noticed those windows if I'm honest. It was just the staircase ones that stood out to me. I'm not sure I see why anyone would want to watch someone walking up stairs from outside the bus! 

ANE's Pulsar 2s are great imo. I had done the 22 from Peterlee to Sunderland on one the other week, and it's a fantastic route for them to be given some welly.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - citaro5284 - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 7:12 pm)aureolin I hadn't noticed those windows if I'm honest. It was just the staircase ones that stood out to me. I'm not sure I see why anyone would want to watch someone walking up stairs from outside the bus! 

ANE's Pulsar 2s are great imo. I had done the 22 from Peterlee to Sunderland on one the other week, and it's a fantastic route for them to be given some welly.

I just thought windows on the staircase helped bring some light onto the staircase.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Adrian - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 7:16 pm)citaro5284 I just thought windows on the staircase helped bring some light onto the staircase.

Could that not be achieved with the installation of LED lighting? Energy efficient, and I'd assume a lot lighter than several extra glazing panels, therefore contributing towards a fuel saving?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - citaro5284 - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin Could that not be achieved with the installation of LED lighting? Energy efficient, and I'd assume a lot lighter than several extra glazing panels, therefore contributing towards a fuel saving?

Cannot get much more efficent than free lighting from outside surely......

(03 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm)citaro5284 Cannot get much more efficent than free lighting from outside surely......

Wey it's nee good on a night is it? Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - pdiddy - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin Could that not be achieved with the installation of LED lighting? Energy efficient, and I'd assume a lot lighter than several extra glazing panels, therefore contributing towards a fuel saving?

The e400mmc had lights built into the staircase ?

(03 Aug 2015, 7:23 pm)aureolin Wey it's nee good on a night is it? Tongue

block the stairs off once it gets dark.....seating downstairs only  Big Grin

(03 Aug 2015, 7:12 pm)aureolin ANE's Pulsar 2s are great imo. I had done the 22 from Peterlee to Sunderland on one the other week, and it's a fantastic route for them to be given some welly.

Yep. I'll miss them when we have to give them back after the school holidays. They're such happy sounding buses and it feels like nothing's an effort for them - they just plough up Silent Bank.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - G-CPTN - 03 Aug 2015

WRT windows, the GNE buses seem to have glass supplied by a Gateshead firm.

Is this exclusive to NorthEast buses? - or do 'all' buses have window glass supplied by this firm?

(03 Aug 2015, 7:35 pm)pdiddy The e400mmc had lights built into the staircase ?

And under the seats. Blue LEDs. The staircase has a window to the inside, like a lot of the E400s and on this one there was blue lighting which glowed from the edge of that window.

Someone's blogged the interior, including pics of the lighting, here. I doubt if GNE would order that spec interior, but it would be nice if they did Cool
http://www.scottpoolesbusblog.com/current-events/evaluating-the-possibilities-on-the-36-with-test-bus-c

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Dan - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 8:14 pm)BusLoverMum And under the seats. Blue LEDs. The staircase has a window to the inside, like a lot of the E400s and on this one there was blue lighting which glowed from the edge of that window.

Someone's blogged the interior, including pics of the lighting, here. I doubt if GNE would order that spec interior, but it would be nice if they did Cool
http://www.scottpoolesbusblog.com/current-events/evaluating-the-possibilities-on-the-36-with-test-bus-c

The new Streetlites delivered this year and the new Solos for Peterlee have the blue LED lighting (under the seats on the former, and on the edge of the seat leg on the latter). All with e-leather seats - so half way there..!

The luxurious Lazerini seating isn't used, admittedly. Perhaps Go North East could look into adding tables on commuter routes such as the Tyne Tees Xpress, when new vehicles are ordered for these routes. I guess it would be a case of toying up whether it would be worth losing the seats for?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Dan - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm)G-CPTN WRT windows, the GNE buses seem to have glass supplied by a Gateshead firm.

Is this exclusive to NorthEast buses? - or do 'all' buses have window glass supplied by this firm?

Vehicles manufactured by Wrightbus have "Tyneside Toughened Glass" - from a firm which I believe is located on the Team Valley..?

I don't think other bus manufacturers use this type of glass, but I may be wrong.

I think it's funny how the glass for the windows goes to Ballymena from Gateshead, and then a month or two later, the completed bus is then delivered to Gateshead.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - MurdnunoC - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm)G-CPTN WRT windows, the GNE buses seem to have glass supplied by a Gateshead firm.

Are you on about the 'Tyneside Toughened' glass?

If so, it is used in vehicles all over the world - buses included.

http://www.tynesidesafetyglass.com/industries/transport.html