North East Buses
Post Likes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Site (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Problems & Suggestions (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Post Likes (/showthread.php?tid=1567)

Post Likes - idiot - 08 Aug 2015

I see that I have 55 likes. Is there a way of seeing which posts have been liked? I had a look in User CP but couldn't find an option?!

RE: Post Likes - omnicity4659 - 09 Aug 2015

Where's the like button gone?!

RE: Post Likes - Dan - 09 Aug 2015

(09 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm)GX03 SVC Where's the like button gone?!

On holiday.

RE: Post Likes - omnicity4659 - 09 Aug 2015

(09 Aug 2015, 12:08 pm)Dan On holiday.

I would "like" that but I can't.  Big Grin

RE: Post Likes - Adrian - 09 Aug 2015

Permanently I hope! Smile

It discourages debate in my opinion, as people will just like a post rather than contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. I do this myself at times, being lazy, rather than actually adding something.

RE: Post Likes - Jimmi - 09 Aug 2015

(09 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm)aureolin Permanently I hope! Smile

It discourages debate in my opinion, as people will just like a post rather than contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. I do this myself at times, being lazy, rather than actually adding something.
Problem is we may just end up with posts saying stuff like "I agree" "no" "Thanks"

RE: Post Likes - Adrian - 09 Aug 2015

(09 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm)Jimmi Problem is we may just end up with posts saying stuff like "I agree" "no" "Thanks"

In which case, defeats the whole point of having a forum. It is possible to speak out in support of the previous contribution, without limiting yourself to a word or two.

RE: Post Likes - BusLoverMum - 09 Aug 2015

(09 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm)aureolin In which case, defeats the whole point of having a forum. It is possible to speak out in support of the previous contribution, without limiting yourself to a word or two.

Sometimes, though, you have nothing to add to the conversation that hasn't been said already, particularly if someone is talking from a position of knowledge, or someone's say, posted some photos and the like button enables you to show a bit of appreciation.

The reason the button did take a short break wasn't lost on me, though. Dodgy

RE: Post Likes - idiot - 18 Aug 2015

Well its disappeared and come back can we say what posts are liked yet Dan?!

RE: Post Likes - Dan - 19 Aug 2015

(18 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm)idiot Well its disappeared and come back can we say what posts are liked yet Dan?!

Unfortunately not possible with this like plugin, idiot. Apologies!

RE: Post Likes - idiot - 19 Aug 2015

I will just continue to wonder lol

RE: Post Likes - omnicity4659 - 31 Aug 2015

It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I assume that this is the end of the "like" feature then, Dan?... it won't be missed...!

RE: Post Likes - Dan - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm)GX03 SVC It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I assume that this is the end of the "like" feature then, Dan?... it won't be missed...!

Liam has removed it, on the basis that it's seemingly bringing out the worst in quite a few members of this forum.

Whether it's a permanent removal or not remains to be seen.

RE: Post Likes - MrFozz - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm)Dan Liam has removed it, on the basis that it's seemingly bringing out the worst in quite a few members of this forum.

Whether it's a permanent removal or not remains to be seen.
Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???

RE: Post Likes - Dan - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm)MrFozz Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???

Yeah, not sure how to remove it from Tapatalk. Doesn't count towards anything on Tapatalk now though.

RE: Post Likes - northern156 - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm)GX03 SVC It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I'll miss it

RE: Post Likes - DanPicken - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm)MrFozz Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???

I cant like posts on Tapatalk.

RE: Post Likes - MrFozz - 31 Aug 2015

(31 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm)DanPicken I cant like posts on Tapatalk.
MrFozz likes this...

I cant either now lol