North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1588)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - R852 PRG - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 5:20 pm)DaveyBowyer Wonder if 9119 will also make a few appearances on the TEN? Obviously no boards that finish at Hexham of course through, just Riverside 10a/10b boards and maybe a few evening full 10 boards to Hexham if the bus has a radio fitted.

It's primary purpose is for use on the X9/X10. We didn't see it stray onto the 18 at Crook, did we?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - L469 YVK - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)R852 PRG It's primary purpose is for use on the X9/X10. We didn't see it stray onto the 18 at Crook, did we?

No, but it would certainly would be a worthwhile test though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - R852 PRG - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 5:51 pm)DaveyBowyer No, but it would certainly would be a worthwhile test though.

I agree it would be, but you wouldn't be able to get any real figures from a few runs out on the 10 to Hexham. Thus making it a bit pointless. It's purpose at Riverside is solely for use on the X9/X10, and it should not and most likely will not stray onto any other duties.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 06 Sep 2015

Is there not a destination reading 'Durham for Newcastle' (with the express via stuff) anymore? I'd assume (if its ok to do so Tongue) its just a case of the driver displaying the wrong destination in the photo below:

[Image: 21006633228_8c2bec800e.jpg]Go North East: 6069 / NK62 CZA by Marcus (Green), on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm)S813 FVK Is there not a destination reading 'Durham for Newcastle' (with the express via stuff) anymore? I'd assume (if its ok to do so Tongue) its just a case of the driver displaying the wrong destination in the photo below:

[Image: 21006633228_8c2bec800e.jpg]Go North East: 6069 / NK62 CZA by Marcus (Green), on Flickr

I believe there is, yes.

The trouble is, there's at least ten different variations of the '21' destination, and about seven variations of the 'X21' destination, so it's quite common for drivers to use the wrong one.

Someone complained about a driver on the 2 using a 'City Centre' display with via points from Washington rather than Silksworth the other week - that's simply because some drivers see 'City Centre' and don't bother reading the second line of the driver message which would inform the driver which destination to use. We're looking at something to alleviate this problem by introducing a ticket machine link from the ETM to the destination controller, which would mean that the driver would type in their journey number and it would automatically select the correct destination. This is quite a long way off yet though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - citaro5284 - 06 Sep 2015

Robert - you are becoming the destination king Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:11 pm)citaro5284 Robert - you are becoming the destination king Tongue

Haha! Blame whoever gave me the helen download link Tongue Been fascinated by the things ever since.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm)S813 FVK Is there not a destination reading 'Durham for Newcastle' (with the express via stuff) anymore? I'd assume (if its ok to do so Tongue) its just a case of the driver displaying the wrong destination in the photo below:

Yeah, there definitely is a Durham for Newcastle display as I saw another Angel displaying that this afternoon when we arrived back in Bishop Auckland.

(06 Sep 2015, 6:19 pm)S813 FVK Haha! Blame whoever gave me the helen download link Tongue Been fascinated by the things ever since.

(06 Sep 2015, 6:09 pm)Dan Someone complained about a driver on the 2 using a 'City Centre' display with via points from Washington rather than Silksworth the other week - that's simply because some drivers see 'City Centre' and don't bother reading the second line of the driver message which would inform the driver which destination to use. We're looking at something to alleviate this problem by introducing a ticket machine link from the ETM to the destination controller, which would mean that the driver would type in their journey number and it would automatically select the correct destination. This is quite a long way off yet though.

It annoys me when the wrong destination is used. I often see drivers use the AM destination for the PM journeys when i'm walking down to try and find my bus on a night - feel like telling them but doing it infront of friends and others would just make me look like a twat imo.

Anyway, how is the trial regarding the Quaylink destinations going? (NSAs auto changing destination)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - citaro5284 - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm)S813 FVK It annoys me when the wrong destination is used. I often see drivers use the AM destination for the PM journeys when i'm walking down to try and find my bus on a night - feel like telling them but doing it infront of friends and others would just make me look like a twat imo.

Anyway, how is the trial regarding the Quaylink destinations going? (NSAs auto changing destination)

No comment.....

(06 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm)citaro5284 No comment.....

I'm guessing from that response it is going tits up?

(06 Sep 2015, 6:48 pm)S813 FVK I'm guessing from that response it is going tits up?

Well not tits up......but!!

Hence the ETM link earlier mentioned, I am trying to get the Quaylinks used as the trial.

(06 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)citaro5284 Well not tits up......but!!

Hence the ETM link earlier mentioned, I am trying to get the Quaylinks used as the trial.

Well at least it isn't a complete fail. Certainly still in the WIP stages.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 06 Sep 2015

Hope Robert approves of the new style of Metro Replacement destinations:

[Image: 20573545854_766c25c079.jpg]3969 PJ02PYV Regent Centre 901 by mdw9121, on Flickr

No more scrolling 'METRO Replacement' on the top line, but a smaller route number has to be used instead to compensate for the lack of scrolling. Of course, should anything with a colour route number display be allocated, it'll be white. Much easier from a driver's perspective now too, as every station is programmed and they're listed in order (ie South Hylton first, then Pallion, then Millfield, all the way to Airport). Only Deptford, Peterlee, Gateshead and Hexham have these destinations so far, but it'll be rolled out to the remaining depots in the coming weeks.

(06 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm)Dan Hope Robert approves of the new style of Metro Replacement destinations:

6126 looks to have a 3 LEDs which are brighter than the rest:

[Image: 20572973194_2e7e9b3ce3.jpg]6126 GX03SUY 900 by mdw9121, on Flickr

A few LEDs in that area look pretty dead too. Rather picky, i know and i should probably stop being the 'destination inspector'

(06 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm)S813 FVK 6126 looks to have a 3 LEDs which are brighter than the rest:

I send off regular e-mails to Hanover's engineers, but they'd think I was taking the pee if I asked them to come out and fix that one!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - northern156 - 06 Sep 2015

Was on a Red Arrows X1 yesterday from Newcastle to Washington. Before Wrekenton there was a guy came up to the driver wanting off; only to be advised that the next stop was the buslink and it was an express service.

Which begs the question. Why don't these destinations have 'Limited Stop' or 'Express' (or something of that nature) beneath Easington Lane/Newcastle?

Or even "Easington Lane" "Limited stop to Washington" (latter part scrolling bottom line).

(06 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)northern156 Was on a Red Arrows X1 yesterday from Newcastle to Washington. Before Wrekenton there was a guy came up to the driver wanting off; only to be advised that the next stop was the buslink and it was an express service.

Which begs the question. Why don't these destinations have 'Limited Stop' or 'Express' (or something of that nature) beneath Easington Lane/Newcastle?

Or even "Easington Lane" "Limited stop to Washington" (latter part scrolling bottom line).

Or.....people read the timetable  Wink

(06 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm)Dan I send off regular e-mails to Hanover's engineers, but they'd think I was taking the pee if I asked them to come out and fix that one!

Yeah. For what it is, i can live with it Tongue