North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1619)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm)citaro5284 I am pleased you are noticing these things with you being the destination inspector  Big Grin

I wasn't paying that much attention to be honest aha. I was just crossing the road outside of the Bus Station and saw it - the red background certainly stood out with it not been the norm anymore.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Michael - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 4:33 pm)Dan There's still quite a bit of work to be done on them.

Mint, what needs to be done to them, just installing the radio etc?

I read that 6132 had gained GNE seats but still had to be repainted.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - citaro5284 - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 4:36 pm)Michael Mint, what needs to be done to them, just installing the radio etc?

I read that 6132 had gained GNE seats but still had to be repainted.

side destinations for a start...they are not due until the back end of this week.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm)citaro5284 side destinations for a start...they are not due until the back end of this week.

More of the massive destinations in the current Omnidekkas? Quite like them tbh. Suits them well.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - mb134 - 11 Oct 2015

Will the introduction of the 434/448 be a starting point for further expansion into Northumberland for GNE, or are they only looking to run those two services?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - citaro5284 - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 4:39 pm)S813 FVK More of the massive destinations in the current Omnidekkas? Quite like them tbh. Suits them well.

Aye, we got 2 ex Demo ones from Hanover at quite a good price....Just call me Del Boy  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - L469 YVK - 11 Oct 2015

Why would GNE put modest Scanias on a service then months down the line, take them off and replace them with older vehicles? I've worked it out on the following terms below, that GNE could well end up amalgamating the section of the current 11 between Blackmall Hill and Crawcrook into the TEN group of services in the near futureand see no PVR increase during Monday to Saturday daytime. I haven't worked an evening and Sunday service out yet though but for Monday to Saturday, it would be the following:

- 10 remaining the same with a PVR of 6x B9TLs not interworking operated by Hexham.
- 10B renumbered 10A but otherwise remaining the same but with a PVR of 4x B9TLs not interworking operated by Riverside.
- NEW 10B operating the same route as the current 10A to Greenside then the same route as the 11 to Blackhall Mill.
- 10A renumbered 10C but operating via the current 11 route between Crawcrook and Greenside.
- Services 10B and 10C would operate with a PVR of 7x vehicles by Riverside and if GNE wanted to reduce costs, they could opt to use Streetlites on the 10B / 10C if any could be sourced for a decent price. This would include 1x spare available at Riverside too purchased on top of the 7x which would be TEN branded.
- Service 96 operating standalone with a PVR of 3x Scanias by Riverside. No other changes to this service.
- The only consideration would be driver changeovers for the 96 and the Q3 interworking pattern during the mornings.

This would mean the following for passengers:
- Bus up to every 15 minutes (give or take a minute or 2) between Prudhoe and Newcastle.
- 4x Buses per hour from Greenside to Newcastle.
- Buses up to every 7-8 minutes between Crawcrook, Metrocentre and Newcastle.
- Passengers would be required to change in Blaydon for buses to Scotswood Road / Newcastle Business Park off peak.
- Peak time service 11A would still run from Prudhoe to Newcastle via the Business Park.

The surplus 4x B9TL's could then do the following:

- 6071(T), 6082, 6083, 6084(T) operate Red Kite service 47 to bring it in line with the 45 / 46 (minus leather seating). However, if a VOR occurs on the TTX or the service needed regulated, then either of the 2x Tachographed vehicles would have to be swapped with a spare B7TL or B9TL.

- 6118 and 6119 would act as spare vehicles at Riverside or Hexham alongside 3941 and 3942.

- 6120 and 6121 would move to Chester Le Street to compensate for the increased PVR of the Angel after the B5LHs were ordered.

- 3963 and 3964 would transfer to Percy Main for DFDS work allowing non DDA compliant 3866 and 3867 to be withdrawn.

- 3962 and 3965 would act as designated spares for the Angel.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Michael - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 5:09 pm)DaveyBowyer Why would GNE put modest Scanias on a service then months down the line, take them off and replace them with older vehicles? I've worked it out on the following terms below, that GNE could well end up amalgamating the section of the current 11 between Blackmall Hill and Crawcrook into the TEN group of services in the near futureand see no PVR increase during Monday to Saturday daytime. I haven't worked an evening and Sunday service out yet though but for Monday to Saturday, it would be the following:

Honestly no idea but that's what it looks like, its not confirmed but it looks like they will... unless the 11/96 are to get new/newer buses in future... maybe Dan or Citaro can explain why?  Angel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Davie - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 5:30 pm)Michael Honestly no idea but that's what it looks like, its not confirmed but it looks like they will... unless the 11/96 are to get new/newer buses in future... maybe Dan or Citaro can explain why?  Angel
Possibly reliably issues.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - L469 YVK - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 5:30 pm)Michael Honestly no idea but that's what it looks like, its not confirmed but it looks like they will... unless the 11/96 are to get new/newer buses in future... maybe Dan or Citaro can explain why?  Angel

I think that they could well do that eventually but they wouldn't do it now because:

- There are no suitable buses.

- Even if there was, it would be too risky making a significant change to the TEN services so close to christmas where any potential reliability issues could cause havoc particularly owning to the Metrocentre and Newcastle.

(11 Oct 2015, 5:54 pm)DaveyBowyer I think that they could well do that eventually but they wouldn't do it now because:

- There are no suitable buses.

- Even if there was, it would be too risky making a significant change to the TEN services so close to christmas where any potential reliability issues could cause havoc particularly owning to the Metrocentre and Newcastle.

Always 2nd hand buses, London are getting rid of some, although not sure how many of these are leased and if the company who leases them are willing to sell them on.

The TEN won't change for a while i think, if they wanted any big changes it would of happened in the upcoming changes.

Email GNE your ideas though

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - B10man - 11 Oct 2015

Away from speculation at the moment due to the relatively last minute annoucement that the 11/96 is no longer going to be toon link livery bus nothing has been confirmed and discussion still under way as to what to find for the 11/96 services. It could be the blue mercs but its unlikely.

Nothing is going to happen with the service 10's there are not going to put streetlites on them or change the service. Reason, because 10s,10A,10B all work fine the way they are. The 27s is not going to get double deckers any time soon niether is the 58s.

(11 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm)B10man Away from speculation at the moment due to the relatively last minute annoucement that the 11/96 is no longer going to be toon link livery bus nothing has been confirmed and discussion still under way as to what to find for the 11/96 services. It could be the blue mercs but its unlikely.

Nothing is going to happen with the service 10's there are not going to put streetlites on them or change the service. Reason, because 10s,10A,10B all work fine the way they are. The 27s is not going to get double deckers any time soon niether is the 58s.

Well would not say it was last minute....some of us knew weeks ago they were not going to be Toonlink.

(11 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm)B10man Away from speculation at the moment due to the relatively last minute annoucement that the 11/96 is no longer going to be toon link livery bus nothing has been confirmed and discussion still under way as to what to find for the 11/96 services. It could be the blue mercs but its unlikely.

Ye wonder why they decided not to include the 11/96 in the brand?

Like others have said the light blue mercs are likely for the 57, hopefully allowing the 5 current ones on the 57 to replace the 1999 ones... once again this is unconfirmed and just speculation.

(11 Oct 2015, 6:03 pm)Michael Always 2nd hand buses, London are getting rid of some, although not sure how many of these are leased and if the company who leases them are willing to sell them on.

The TEN won't change for a while i think, if they wanted any big changes it would of happened in the upcoming changes.

Email GNE your ideas though

I don't think they'd change them now though. They did that 5 year ago during the second phase of the Tyne Valley / West Gateshead changes back in November 2010 and there was nout but havoc.

Didn't mention the 27s or 58. 

It's more a business P.O.V. If GNE could offer a more streamlined and in some ways better (or not for a few) service with an increased frequency which could be used to bite back at Stagecoach for their extension of the 22 to Willington and Cobalt; and even more so at a reduced cost with the Greenside and Blackhall Mill journeys using Streetlites whilst the Prudhoe / Hexham journeys keep B9s for capacity reasons, then it's a no brainer. Overtime, the costs would even reduce slightly owing to the efficiency of the 7x Streetlites and
the PVR during Monday to Saturday at least, wouldn't change. More so, it would even give GNE an opportunity to enhance the Red Kite 47 and even allow the 2x B7s at CLS to act as proper spares with 2x B9s joining the B5LHs.

(11 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm)Michael Ye wonder why they decided not to include the 11/96 in the brand?

Like others have said the light blue mercs are likely for the 57, hopefully allowing the 5 current ones on the 57 to replace the 1999 ones... once again this is unconfirmed and just speculation.

I don't see what difference a year would make (ie 2000 renowns replacing the 1999 ones). I'd imagine the Fab 57 renowns will get withdrawn directly (that is if the Citaros do replace them).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - thetravelman - 11 Oct 2015

I wonder whether GNE will actually use a specific vehicle type now that the 11/96 are not part of the Toon Link brand, or whether the services will be operated by various vehicle types of which are Red Corporate liveried vehicles.

With the fact that the 11 is no longer part of Toon Link, but the Stanley services X30, X31, X32 are joining Toon Link Brand, along with the 12 and 12a Winlaton services, is there currently enough Omnicities to cover the whole Toon Link PVR's or are there some to be painted and branded up. I'm guessing the vehicles GNE are saving from service 11, won' t be enough for the PVR of the X30, X31, X32.

Also, going back to a few comments the other day that people thought that the new 12/12A would be better suited to Blaydon Racers brand (like service 32 used to be) I tend to agree with that... as the Blaydon Races used to start in Newcastle and carry along Scotwood Road into Blaydon, and I think it finished in the Stella area, if I am correct! So Yes, I Think Blaydon Racers would be more appropriate than Toon Link.

(11 Oct 2015, 6:30 pm)thetravelman I wonder whether GNE will actually use a specific vehicle type now that the 11/96 are not part of the Toon Link brand, or whether the services will be operated by various vehicle types of which are Red Corporate liveried vehicles.

With the fact that the 11 is no longer part of Toon Link, but the Stanley services X30, X31, X32 are joining Toon Link Brand, along with the 12 and 12a Winlaton services, is there currently enough Omnicities to cover the whole Toon Link PVR's or are there some to be painted and branded up. I'm guessing the vehicles GNE are saving from service 11, won' t be enough for the PVR of the X30, X31, X32.

5250 and 5253 (already based at Stanley) have both been repainted and gained Toon Link branding for services X30/X31/X32. These will be joined by 5239/40/1/2 from Riverside with 5234/5/6/7/8 staying at Riverside for the 12/12A.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Dan - 11 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)S813 FVK I don't see what difference a year would make (ie 2000 renowns replacing the 1999 ones). I'd imagine the Fab 57 renowns will get withdrawn directly (that is if the Citaros do replace them).

Younger vehicles have a higher book value than older vehicles. If the "Fab Fifty Seven" branded Volvo B10BLEs still have quite a high book value, they will need to remain in the fleet  beyond this year, and they will also have the cost of the DDA modifications to cover too.

I believe there's a substantial difference between those Scania OmniDekkas new in 2003 and those new in 2004, which perhaps explains why the latter examples are also being re-trimmed, as they'll have to spend longer in the fleet to depreciate the entire book value.