North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:14 pm)Michael That'll be fun, are they set up like the ones on the Red Arrow?

Same type of screen as the Coast & Country, but with the new voice (as on the Red Arrows).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:18 pm)Dan Same type of screen as the Coast & Country, but with the new voice (as on the Red Arrows).

Least we get Emma doing them!.

When the 20/20A get to Park Lane, will it say: Change here for local bus services, even though the Screen is different?

Would be good.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 4:21 pm)Michael Least we get Emma doing them!.

When the 20/20A get to Park Lane, will it say: Change here for local bus services, even though the Screen is different?

Would be good.

I think that would be good. Also could say something like ''this is the Red zone boundary, please make sure you have a valid ticket for travel'' so people know where they are.

(03 May 2016, 4:25 pm)Tom I think that would be good. Also could say something like ''this is the Red zone boundary, please make sure you have a valid ticket for travel'' so people know where they are.

Did they put the boundaries on the Red Arrow announcements?, i haven't used the Red Arrows for a long time so not sure.

(03 May 2016, 4:30 pm)Michael Did they put the boundaries on the Red Arrow announcements?, i haven't used the Red Arrows for a long time so not sure.

No idea, never been on the X1 for a while either. I'm sure Dan will know though.

(03 May 2016, 4:21 pm)Michael Least we get Emma doing them!.

Would be good.

Not sure if it's possible to do that with the LED screens.

Easy enough to do it on the TFT monitors, as you design the slides in PowerPoint. Obviously the new style shows an image of two buses too. Gateshead Interchange is an image of the X66 and Quaylink, for example.

(03 May 2016, 4:25 pm)Tom I think that would be good. Also could say something like ''this is the Red zone boundary, please make sure you have a valid ticket for travel'' so people know where they are.

(03 May 2016, 4:30 pm)Michael Did they put the boundaries on the Red Arrow announcements?, i haven't used the Red Arrows for a long time so not sure.

(03 May 2016, 4:32 pm)Tom No idea, never been on the X1 for a while either. I'm sure Dan will know though.

We started doing the BuzzFare boundary zones on the TFT monitors when we refreshed the Red Arrows and Connections4. It shows the BuzzFare logo (with whichever colour the zone is) for the first stop in that zone, then shows that coloured BuzzFare logo again with 'ends here' typed underneath.

Haven't done any audio announcements for this yet, but we've got a couple of things lined up to try out, so may consider doing this at the same time, as it links to another request which was for an audio announcement requesting passengers retain their tickets for inspection.

(03 May 2016, 4:32 pm)Dan Not sure if it's possible to do that with the LED screens.

Easy enough to do it on the TFT monitors, as you design the slides in PowerPoint. Obviously the new style shows an image of two buses too. Gateshead Interchange is an image of the X66 and Quaylink, for example.

We started doing the BuzzFare boundary zones on the TFT monitors when we refreshed the Red Arrows and Connections4. It shows the BuzzFare logo (with whichever colour the zone is) for the first stop in that zone, then shows that coloured BuzzFare logo again with 'ends here' typed underneath.

Haven't done any audio announcements for this yet, but we've got a couple of things lined up to try out, so may consider doing this at the same time, as it links to another request which was for an audio announcement requesting passengers retain their tickets for inspection.

Ah right, that's disappointing.

(03 May 2016, 4:32 pm)Dan Not sure if it's possible to do that with the LED screens.

Could you not just do it as normal then add at the end ''change here for local bus services''?

Would be good as I've seen a couple of times people not sure on boundaries etc. so would be a big help imo.

(03 May 2016, 4:42 pm)Tom Could you not just do it as normal then add at the end ''change here for local bus services''?

Would be good as I've seen a couple of times people not sure on boundaries etc. so would be a big help imo.

It's easy enough to do it as an audio announcement, just not as a message on the screen. With the LED screens, you sort of set the system up with rules, then it builds everything itself. There isn't as much flexibility as there is with the TFT monitors, as you don't have to stick to these 'rules'.

For the 56/N56, the message on the screen will say 'St Michael's Way', but the audio announcement will say 'St Michael's Way for Sunderland Empire and Premier Inn' or something like that.

(03 May 2016, 4:48 pm)Dan It's easy enough to do it as an audio announcement, just not as a message on the screen. With the LED screens, you sort of set the system up with rules, then it builds everything itself. There isn't as much flexibility as there is with the TFT monitors, as you don't have to stick to these 'rules'.

For the 56/N56, the message on the screen will say 'St Michael's Way', but the audio announcement will say 'St Michael's Way for Sunderland Empire and Premier Inn' or something like that.

Ah ok I get you, that's still not bad. NSAs are actually a lot better on the LEDs I think, often with TFT screens you can't see them clearly at the back but you definitely can with the LED screens.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 5:15 pm)Tom Ah ok I get you, that's still not bad. NSAs are actually a lot better on the LEDs I think, often with TFT screens you can't see them clearly at the back but you definitely can with the LED screens.

Except the LED screens instantly make me feel like I am sitting in the doctors waiting room Wink

Dying to see 'Mr Constantopolous - consultation room 2' appear.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 03 May 2016

Well, our landline came back briefly, earlier, calls only.

Still can't resolve the EE issue as I haven't got a good enough Three connection to make calls or sustain a webchat.

Just surfing is like wading through treacle. I occasionally get a bar and that's my time to click a link before it disappears again.

Both boys are rattled by being plunged into the dark ages. Big'un refused to believe it wasn't just us until I connected to a neighbour's unsecured WiFi to show him that they had no connection, either.

Miffed that little'un ate half my pud, I helped myself to some cheesecake, all to myself, after he went to bed. That cheesecake is now punishing me, severely.

I think an early night is on the cards.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 04 May 2016

West St in Gateshead annoys me.

The traffic lights there are awful and can delay you, so it's even more annoying when your bus stops outside Civic at the bus stop and you miss the lights cycle....it adds ages on.

I wish they'd remove the bloody bus stop!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 05 May 2016

Wonder when the 5:12pm number 8 from Hylton Retail Park towards Sunderland is going to turn up... 12 minutes late and counting.....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 05 May 2016

(05 May 2016, 4:25 pm)Michael Wonder when the 5:12pm number 8 from Hylton Retail Park towards Sunderland is going to turn up... 12 minutes late and counting.....

5398 will be at the Enterprise Park in about 4 minutes... This one is only a minute late, though.

(05 May 2016, 4:28 pm)Dan 5398 will be at the Enterprise Park in about 4 minutes... This one is only a minute late, though.

Thats the next one though..  Waited since just after 5, what happened to the 5:12pm one?

(05 May 2016, 4:31 pm)Michael Thats the next one though..  Waited since just after 5, what happened to the 5:12pm one?

The bus that was scheduled to operate that service, 3982, has been stuck on the roundabout coming off the A19 and onto the Wessington Way since 17:00.

Not sure what's happened - if there's been an incident or if the bus has broken down. Nothing on Twitter about disruption on the A19/A1231 though.

(05 May 2016, 4:40 pm)Dan The bus that was scheduled to operate that service, 3982, has been stuck on the roundabout coming off the A19 and onto the Wessington Way since 17:00.

Not sure what's happened - if there's been an incident or if the bus has broken down. Nothing on Twitter about disruption on the A19/A1231 though.

Hmm it could also be with the new bridge getting built, like tail backs etc, few lanes/roads shut.

I got lucky if it was supposed to be 3982 Wink

(05 May 2016, 4:53 pm)Michael Hmm it could also be with the new bridge getting built, like tail backs etc, few lanes/roads shut.

I got lucky if it was supposed to be 3982 Wink

Still there now - hasn't moved at all for an hour. Doubt it's traffic!

(05 May 2016, 4:59 pm)Dan Still there now - hasn't moved at all for an hour. Doubt it's traffic!

Well with it been a Vyking it'll of brokedown... Wink