North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 08 May 2016

Depends on the margin of allowence they've had. I've once went through them when they first started rather faster than expected didn't get a ticket because they had forgotten to turn them on. But last time I've went through them at speeds varying between 30 and 40. But it works out the average speed you go. I'm not sure if the cruise control actually does true 40mph or in reality just a little bit below 40mph.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 08 May 2016

(08 May 2016, 12:09 am)GMitchelhill Depends on the margin of allowence they've had. I've once went through them when they first started rather faster than expected didn't get a ticket because they had forgotten to turn them on. But last time I've went through them at speeds varying between 30 and 40. But it works out the average speed you go. I'm not sure if the cruise control actually does true 40mph or in reality just a little bit below 40mph.

I think Cruise sets it at whatever actual speed you're doing, which is read out in km/h by my trip computer. The actual speedo needle seems to sit just below the actual figure.
See what happens anyway...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 08 May 2016

Just washed and tumble dried my Key smartcard, hoping it can still be read otherwise I'm screwed for the rest of the week.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 08 May 2016

(08 May 2016, 6:07 pm)MVK 500R Just washed and tumble dried my Key smartcard, hoping it can still be read otherwise I'm screwed for the rest of the week.

Your Xperia will have NFC. Enable it it and try and read your key card. If it responds, then the card is fine. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 08 May 2016

(08 May 2016, 6:31 pm)Adrian Your Xperia will have NFC. Enable it it and try and read your key card. If it responds, then the card is fine. Smile
Sweet, didn't know NFC could do that.

Edit : Just tried it and it flashed up "NFC read error." Is that good or bad?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 08 May 2016

(08 May 2016, 6:36 pm)MVK 500R Sweet, didn't know NFC could do that.

Edit : Just tried it and it flashed up "NFC read error." Is that good or bad?

That's good. It's a read error because the data means nothing to the reader. The fact it's worked means the card is still transmitting, so you should have no bother on the bus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 09 May 2016

Flickr's not working for me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 09 May 2016

On 4954 and driver keeps singing

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 2:51 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com On 4954 and driver keeps singing
Fancy someone being happy at work eh...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 10 May 2016

I have a splitting headache and I've just accidentally kneed the hard plastic bit on the back of a bus seat.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 May 2016

Seeing a driver on the 7 getting grief from some low life piece of scum because the charging points are "turned off" which of course actually means they aren't working. Not the first time it's happened and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same "person" if you can call him that!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Deleted - 10 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 7:27 pm)Jimmi Seeing a driver on the 7 getting grief from some low life piece of scum because the charging points are "turned off" which of course actually means they aren't working. Not the first time it's happened and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same "person" if you can call him that!

99% of the time these charge points have been unintentionally turned off by a actual passenger using an after market charging cable that's not fit for use and trips the circuit.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 10 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 7:54 pm)Deleted 99% of the time these charge points have been unintentionally turned off by a actual passenger using an after market charging cable that's not fit for use and trips the circuit.

I'd believe that if some of them had ever worked.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 11 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 10:32 pm)BusLoverMum I'd believe that if some of them had ever worked.

GNE's all worked when new - I tested them out of interest when programming the systems I oversee!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 11 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 10:32 pm)BusLoverMum I'd believe that if some of them had ever worked.

I have only used them twice, once on GNE 6082 (which worked better than in my house) and ANE 7522 (whose were a bit rubbish)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 11 May 2016

(11 May 2016, 6:13 am)NK53 TKT I have only used them twice, once on GNE 6082 (which worked better than in my house) and ANE 7522 (whose were a bit rubbish)

7522 has a serious problem with its power sockets. They work, but they suck power from the device, and has done since delivery.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 11 May 2016

I love the idea of vampire power sockets.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 11 May 2016

My Rover used to do that to my friends phone lol.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 May 2016

If this damned X12 had shown up on the tracker, I'd have known that it would be late enough to give me time to find a loo.

Just need to cross my legs all the way from Stockton to Durham.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 12 May 2016

Just arrived home after being sent home from school after being scolded, been to a walk-in and I have a third degree burn