North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 1:50 pm)NK53 TKT Just arrived home after being sent home from school after being scolded, been to a walk-in and I have a third degree burn

Nasty. Hope you didn't really get scolded for being scalded, though. That would be terribly unfair (unless you'd been very silly) Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 2:44 pm)BusLoverMum Nasty. Hope you didn't really get scolded for being scalded, though. That would be terribly unfair (unless you'd been very silly) Wink

Sorry, I was wrong, it was first degree (meaning least worst), it wasn't my fault and it was through a teachers accident with a hot drink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 4:21 pm)NK53 TKT Sorry, I was wrong, it was first degree (meaning least worst), it wasn't my fault and it was through a teachers accident with a hot drink

That's not so bad then - pretty superficial. You were lucky and it should heal without any impressive scars.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 1:50 pm)NK53 TKT Just arrived home after being sent home from school after being scolded, been to a walk-in and I have a third degree burn

Ouch. Make sure it's put in the accident book, as these things have a tendency to be forgotten about!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 13 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 5:44 pm)Adrian Ouch. Make sure it's put in the accident book, as these things have a tendency to be forgotten about!

No bonuses to be affected so yes :p

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 May 2016

Can't help but feel the effort I went to for photos yesterday was wasted.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 May 2016

Sitting doing dissertation work on a Saturday, maybe i shouldn't of sat on my PS4 all day.... got 13 days to do 6000 words.... Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 7:57 am)Jimmi Can't help but feel the effort I went to for photos yesterday was wasted.

Why? You got some great photos!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 8:55 am)Tom Why? You got some great photos!
Felt like there should have been more reaction to the photos, especially with the StreetLite's being 16 plates which normally tends to get a fair amount of attention but it feels like not much has happened.

I've had a bit of a downer on taking photos after last Saturday's outing in Sheffield, Doncaster and Rotherham where drivers and passengers took offence to me taking photos. A few other things have not worked out for the best this week, tried to snap EcoCity 4811 on the 7 the other night, only for it to rack up a 30 odd minute delay, meaning a waste of standing at Aycliffe Town Centre for 35 minutes and not getting a photo. I'm not out today as I need a rest, but also because I've not been enjoying them so much, I'm so sick to death of hearing MC crap being blasted out on almost every bloody bus I've been on this week, so of course that also means that the buses have been full of absolute scum, lost all faith in humanity when I heard a passenger call a driver a f***ing idiot because he was claiming that the driver had the charging points turned off (truth is, they weren't working!) and it's not the first time it's happened either on the 7 and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same piece of scum as before and I dare bet it will happen again, said individual also bothered me on said journey as well. Just been a terrible week and it's made me resent the hobby, kept going out on outings hoping it would be better than the previous but they've all started out well but turned to crap towards the end of each day, meaning I've found it difficult to draw much good from each one as it's not really possible to recover it if things turn nasty on the last journey.

(14 May 2016, 9:25 am)Jimmi Felt like there should have been more reaction to the photos, especially with the StreetLite's being 16 plates which normally tends to get a fair amount of attention but it feels like not much has happened.

I've had a bit of a downer on taking photos after last Saturday's outing in Sheffield, Doncaster and Rotherham where drivers and passengers took offence to me taking photos. A few other things have not worked out for the best this week, tried to snap EcoCity 4811 on the 7 the other night, only for it to rack up a 30 odd minute delay, meaning a waste of standing at Aycliffe Town Centre for 35 minutes and not getting a photo. I'm not out today as I need a rest, but also because I've not been enjoying them so much, I'm so sick to death of hearing MC crap being blasted out on almost every bloody bus I've been on this week, so of course that also means that the buses have been full of absolute scum, lost all faith in humanity when I heard a passenger call a driver a f***ing idiot because he was claiming that the driver had the charging points turned off (truth is, they weren't working!) and it's not the first time it's happened either on the 7 and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same piece of scum as before and I dare bet it will happen again, said individual also bothered me on said journey as well. Just been a terrible week and it's made me resent the hobby, kept going out on outings hoping it would be better than the previous but they've all started out well but turned to crap towards the end of each day, meaning I've found it difficult to draw much good from each one as it's not really possible to recover it if things turn nasty on the last journey.

I wouldn't worry about that - you put a lot of effort into getting the photos not just standing around in one place and we'd all much rather see photos in different locations to PLI! I'm sure you'll get more faves over the weekend when people see your photos.

It's a nightmare when you have a terrible outing like that, but you have good and bad ones. I've had plenty of shite ones before haha - but idiots on buses isn't great, some of them are ridiculous, but I find if you don't approach/look at them you wouldn't be in any danger.  You will have a good outing sometime soon I'm sure.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 9:46 am)Tom I wouldn't worry about that - you put a lot of effort into getting the photos not just standing around in one place and we'd all much rather see photos in different locations to PLI! I'm sure you'll get more faves over the weekend when people see your photos.

It's a nightmare when you have a terrible outing like that, but you have good and bad ones. I've had plenty of shite ones before haha - but idiots on buses isn't great, some of them are ridiculous, but I find if you don't approach/look at them you wouldn't be in any danger.  You will have a good outing sometime soon I'm sure.

Yeah.

The person bothering me, sadly I sat at the front seat upstairs above the driver on a E400 and annoyingly him and his mate decided to sit opposite me, so I was more or less stuck with them until one of us got off the bus.

Hopefully next weekend's outings will be better which includes a to Chesterfield on Saturday for a enthusiasts trip travelling on Leyland Olympian's and then Scarborough BusFest on the Sunday, it was tempting to go to the GNE event at Riverside but I already sort of dedicated myself to Scarborough and I think that I'd have more fun in Scarborough as it should hopefully involve some haulage on some good preserved vehicles including travelling down on The Eden's Leopard. Also off to a gig in Leeds on Friday night so I'm going to rack up some serious millage next weekend, dare bet that I'll be exhausted by the end of it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 8:12 am)Michael Sitting doing dissertation work on a Saturday, maybe i shouldn't of sat on my PS4 all day.... got 13 days to do 6000 words....
The boss has just lent me her PS4...

Once I get back home, my day will be taken up on WWE 2K16 and Back To The Future: The Game [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 10:54 am)MrFozz The boss has just lent me her PS4...

Once I get back home, my day will be taken up on WWE 2K16 and Back To The Future: The Game [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I gave up and went on my PS4 haha

Uncharted 3 for me, haven't had time to play them so want to catch up because the last in the series is out now so please no spoilers Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - neilwatson - 14 May 2016

Spending £200 on travel/accommodation to volunteer at Brighton Festival then being told I'm not needed anymore ?

(14 May 2016, 9:57 am)Jimmi Yeah.

The person bothering me, sadly I sat at the front seat upstairs above the driver on a E400 and annoyingly him and his mate decided to sit opposite me, so I was more or less stuck with them until one of us got off the bus.

Hopefully next weekend's outings will be better which includes a to Chesterfield on Saturday for a enthusiasts trip travelling on Leyland Olympian's and then Scarborough BusFest on the Sunday, it was tempting to go to the GNE event at Riverside but I already sort of dedicated myself to Scarborough and I think that I'd have more fun in Scarborough as it should hopefully involve some haulage on some good preserved vehicles including travelling down on The Eden's Leopard. Also off to a gig in Leeds on Friday night so I'm going to rack up some serious millage next weekend, dare bet that I'll be exhausted by the end of it.

Sorry Jimmi only just saw this - hopefully the Chesterfield and Scarborough trips go a bit better. That's a canny bit for the weekend like, enjoy it

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 5:22 pm)neilwatson Spending £200 on travel/accommodation to volunteer at Brighton Festival then being told I'm not needed anymore ?

Thats not good!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 14 May 2016

Trying to photograph the PB Streetlites...... Bloody nightmare!

All my photos of them are pretty bad, so won't be uploaded, however I've got a couple good ones of other vehicles which will be uploaded.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 16 May 2016

Stood at the High Market in Ashington for ten minutes waiting for a late running 35 to turn up. Found a perfect spot for a photo, some bloke had a go at me for walking towards him with a camera in my hand, some tit of a car driver deliberately sat at the junction blocking my view of the bus too.

Also missed the Morpeth 35 on the other side due to the late running of the Newbiggin 35, so I had to walk back to Ashington, to find out that I had missed the X20 so I popped to Asda to then leave the shop and find a late running X20 pull out...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 11:49 am)GX03 SVC Stood at the High Market in Ashington for ten minutes waiting for a late running 35 to turn up. Found a perfect spot for a photo, some bloke had a go at me for walking towards him with a camera in my hand, some tit of a car driver deliberately sat at the junction blocking my view of the bus too.

Also missed the Morpeth 35 on the other side due to the late running of the Newbiggin 35, so I had to walk back to Ashington, to find out that I had missed the X20 so I popped to Asda to then leave the shop and find a late running X20 pull out...

You not got the app?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 May 2016

Took a detour on the way to collect littl'un to the post office to post a card at the only post box with a 5:15pm last collection time, only to find that, not for the first time, the post had already been collected and the next collection was tomorrow.

I could have posted it in the box near my house if I wanted it collecting tomorrow, ffs!