North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 21 May 2016

This mornings X12 driver who couldn't find the Tyne and Wear ticket and insisted it didn't exist

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 4:26 pm)Ambassador This mornings X12 driver who couldn't find the Tyne and Wear ticket and insisted it didn't exist

Was it a stockton driver?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 21 May 2016

Had a football match around 12:00 and didn't get home till 3:40, And I couldn't be bothered to go out after, So no photos of today though ive posted something from my trip to York a few weeks ago.
Its on my flickr now.

EDIT I'm not annoyed at the football match, We won 4-3.

(21 May 2016, 5:36 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Was it a stockton driver?

By his accent I assume so. 

He had a route learner with him. He spent the journey advising how best to avoid passengers (drop off at Gateshead and tail behind the 21 to skip the cannon) 

It was all very unprofessional

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 21 May 2016

Had a great day bashing some Olympian's in Chesterfield, after a bad fortnight in the hobby it was just what I needed to put me back in the right mindset... At least that's how things were until that tour finished as I decided to stick around for another short bus tour organised by J.B. Bus Tours, if you don't remember that was the tour me, Thomas Simms and Charles went on round the North East and we're left far from impressed and it was the same again here tonight, first we were told we were getting a J reg Olympian, then imagine my annoyance when a ex JH Coaches ALX400 turns up!!! Also we were expected to arrive back at Chesterfield Rail Station at around 19:30 but we actually arrived back at around 18:55, because the train back to Darlington left at around 19:35 I opted to wait for the 20:35 journey back to Darlington, so thanks to me booking a single ticket for the 20:35 journey and the guidance time he gave, I am currently in the process of a 1hour, 40 minute wait at Chesterfield Rail Station for my train home.

THANKS A FLAMING BUNCH MATE!!!

After the shambolic fortnight I've had, this has pushed me over the edge and I now rapidly getting stressed, angry and more through this hobby because crap like this is happening. Seriously I am now in a terrible mood and no doubt getting home at 23:15 tonight won't make things any better.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 7:00 pm)Jimmi After the shambolic fortnight I've had, this has pushed me over the edge and I now rapidly getting stressed, angry and more through this hobby because crap like this is happening. Seriously I am now in a terrible mood and no doubt getting home at 23:15 tonight won't make things any better.

To be honest, if it stressed me out as much as it does you, I'd probably take up art or something. I couldn't put myself through doing something that leaves me so annoyed.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:55 pm)Adrian To be honest, if it stressed me out as much as it does you, I'd probably take up art or something. I couldn't put myself through doing something that leaves me so annoyed.

Yeah, but... spilt paint and stuff!

Jimmi - I thikn you need to have learnt your lesson with the JB tours guys. They'd take you to a brewery and dish out irn bru.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:55 pm)Adrian To be honest, if it stressed me out as much as it does you, I'd probably take up art or something. I couldn't put myself through doing something that leaves me so annoyed.

After last week, I decided to take a break this week with apart from heading to Bishop Auckland on Tuesday to look for a high visibility jacket which we didn't actually need today! Today was my first proper trip out in over a week, the day went fine up until I went on this stupid tour this evening and if so much extra time hadn't been given that what was needed I could have gotten an earlier train but instead I got stuck in Chesterfield for an extra hour because of this and I ain't happy about it.

Thinking of still maybe doing Scarborough tomorrow then having more time out from the hobby for another week or so, sadly The Eden's Leopard isn't going now, so if I do go it will now be on public transport.

I do need to do something though as I am not right at the moment, think I may potentially need to seek some professional help to try and deal with some of my issues, providing I don't get peed about again by getting people who offer me no real help at all.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 9:11 pm)BusLoverMum Yeah, but... spilt paint and stuff!

Jimmi - I thikn you need to have learnt your lesson with the JB tours guys. They'd take you to a brewery and dish out irn bru.

hahaha....I have never heard that one, but it is nicked for future reference!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 9:12 pm)Jimmi After last week, I decided to take a break this week with apart from heading to Bishop Auckland on Tuesday to look for a high visibility jacket which we didn't actually need today! Today was my first proper trip out in over a week, the day went fine up until I went on this stupid tour this evening and if so much extra time hadn't been given that what was needed I could have gotten an earlier train but instead I got stuck in Chesterfield for an extra hour because of this and I ain't happy about it.

Thinking of still maybe doing Scarborough tomorrow then having more time out from the hobby for another week or so, sadly The Eden's Leopard isn't going now, so if I do go it will now be on public transport.

I do need to do something though as I am not right at the moment, think I may potentially need to seek some professional help to try and deal with some of my issues, providing I don't get peed about again by getting people who offer me no real help at all.

I find it useful to ask for something outright. Ask if there's any chance of CBT to help you to address your negative thought spirals. If you get told no, ask what can be offered, instead. If you get offered basketweaving or something that seems stupid, ask how effective it is - and ask for numbers. I know it's hard to do, but it's sometimes the only way got get anything more constructive than fobbed off.

Though you can always pee in their pot plants if they continue to be unhelpful. (Tempted to do this after a rather frustrating appointment, last week - even more so when I noticed they were artificial).

Definitely have a look into mindfulness as well Jimmi. May not be your thing but parts of it work, most CBT therapists offer it.

There's also plenty of free apps, online guides to it too.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 9:22 pm)BusLoverMum I find it useful to ask for something outright. Ask if there's any chance of CBT to help you to address your negative thought spirals. If you get told no, ask what can be offered, instead. If you get offered basketweaving or something that seems stupid, ask how effective it is - and ask for numbers. I know it's hard to do, but it's sometimes the only way got get anything more constructive than fobbed off.

Though you can always pee in their pot plants if they continue to be unhelpful. (Tempted to do this after a rather frustrating appointment, last week - even more so when I noticed they were artificial).

(21 May 2016, 10:12 pm)Ambassador Definitely have a look into mindfulness as well Jimmi. May not be your thing but parts of it work, most CBT therapists offer it.

There's also plenty of free apps, online guides to it too.

Right, thanks. Will hopefully look into this at some point when I get chance,

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 22 May 2016

Yes, I am moaning some more...

Unfortunately the last two days have taken their toll on me and I am exhausted, so sadly I am now at home all day instead of going to Scarborough which I was looking forward to. One thing that didn't help in choosing the decision not to go was the trip on The Eden's Leopard being cancelled meaning I would have to go on public transport which would have been a right faff having to use a mix of buses and trains to get there.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 23 May 2016

Getting sick of the Pingu crap now. Its ran its course, the little twit should have been eaten by a seal by now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 9:26 am)GMitchelhill Getting sick of the Pingu crap now. Its ran its course, the little twit should have been eaten by a seal by now.

NARK! NARK!!!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 May 2016

Here's a great way to get new members on a forum, allow people to sign up and then never activate their accounts. Signed up to the forum in question several months ago and they never activated it and even deleted the account after so long, tried signing up again a fortnight ago and still no! I only spent around 20 minutes on the forum the day I signed up but I only intended to occasionally browse said forum as I was only intrested in certain parts of it, I ain't wanting to spend my entire bleeding life on it, do you only allow people with no lives to sign up? If you won't activate my account, why should I bother continuing to sign in if I can't really do anything!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 24 May 2016

(24 May 2016, 10:24 am)Jimmi Here's a great way to get new members on a forum, allow people to sign up and then never activate their accounts. Signed up to the forum in question several months ago and they never activated it and even deleted the account after so long, tried signing up again a fortnight ago and still no! I only spent around 20 minutes on the forum the day I signed up but I only intended to occasionally browse said forum as I was only intrested in certain parts of it, I ain't wanting to spend my entire bleeding life on it, do you only allow people with no lives to sign up? If you won't activate my account, why should I bother continuing to sign in if I can't really do anything!

Did you not have to activate the account via an email link? This is how some forums validate members.

While some forums do want regular contributors rather than lurkers, there's really nothing in what you've said which suggests this to be the case. I believe it is standard practise for some forum software to delete non-activated accounts after a certain period.

Out of interest, which forum are you trying to access?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 May 2016

(24 May 2016, 11:54 am)MurdnunoC Did you not have to activate the account via an email link? This is how some forums validate members.

While some forums do want regular contributors rather than lurkers, there's really nothing in what you've said which suggests this to be the case. I believe it is standard practise for some forum software to delete non-activated accounts after a certain period.

Out of interest, which forum are you trying to access?

Don't recall there being a email link, certainly never got any emails from them. Answered their security question and did the image verification thing and I think that was more or less it. After this I even filled in a some info into my profile saying my age, where I live (I put Co. Durham) and my favourite type of bus (Leyland Olympian/ECW). I stayed online for around 20 minutes the day I signed up and viewed a few of the local threads. I didn't come back online after that for two weeks which was this morning as I have been busy and viewing full sites for forums on mobiles is annoying, so I haven't had chance to get online. Seem as this is the second time this has happened, I don't see the point in continuing to bother with them if this is going to be how things go on.

To shame the forum in question...
http://dartslf.com/forum/

I was only really intrested in the Blackpool Transport and Catch22Bus threads as I appear in Blackpool a fair bit. Neither of them threads have much action in them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 24 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 11:39 am)BusLoverMum NARK! NARK!!!

[Image: 1148507__safe_solo_screencap_animated_cu...niform.gif]

(24 May 2016, 12:17 pm)Jimmi my favourite type of bus (Leyland Olympian/ECW). 

A man with taste, I like your choice.

Also I signed up to that forum yonks ago and never really bothered with it. It was also where a certain enthusiast on here came up with a saying on there saying going to get the photos so you don't have to, which basically wound up a number of enthusiasts the wrong way.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 24 May 2016

(24 May 2016, 12:17 pm)Jimmi Don't recall there being a email link, certainly never got any emails from them. Answered their security question and did the image verification thing and I think that was more or less it. After this I even filled in a some info into my profile saying my age, where I live (I put Co. Durham) and my favourite type of bus (Leyland Olympian/ECW). I stayed online for around 20 minutes the day I signed up and viewed a few of the local threads. I didn't come back online after that for two weeks which was this morning as I have been busy and viewing full sites for forums on mobiles is annoying, so I haven't had chance to get online. Seem as this is the second time this has happened, I don't see the point in continuing to bother with them if this is going to be how things go on.

I was only really intrested in the Blackpool Transport and Catch22Bus threads as I appear in Blackpool a fair bit. Neither of them threads have much action in them.

Just tried to sign up. It looks like you need an administrator's approval for the account to be activated before being able to post anything.

.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 13.54.09.png
Size 191.32 KB / Downloads 15

However, if your purpose is just to browse and lurk - you should be able to do this freely. 

Maybe it's worth trying to contact the administration team in order to get your account validated?