North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 07 Jun 2016

It's one of the hottest days of the year so far and guess who's got a cold!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 1:15 pm)Jimmi It's one of the hottest days of the year so far and guess who's got a cold!

Timmy Mallett?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - PO51WNF - 07 Jun 2016

227 pages of moaning. This is a brilliant idea for a thread Big Grin

What's annoying me today is that every thunderstorm seems to be just missing where I live, so I can hear the thunder in the distance but it never actually gets here Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 07 Jun 2016

The renowns are going

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com The renowns are going

That's a reason to have a party, renowns are vile Cool Big Grin Angel Blush

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 5:55 pm)PO51WNF 227 pages of moaning. This is a brilliant idea for a thread Big Grin

What's annoying me today is that every thunderstorm seems to be just missing where I live, so I can hear the thunder in the distance but it never actually gets here Sad

I was quite thankful for that. The closest one to us was the one at Sedgefield at school chucking out time. We got no more than a few spots, while the sky was still blue-ish.

Doubly thankful because I assured a neighbour that the storms weren't supposed to be coming this close to the coast, so it would be safe to put her washing out while she went to work!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 07 Jun 2016

Got to be up at 5:30am tomorrow and i can't sleep and its quite warm tonight. -.-

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm)Michael Got to be up at 5:30am tomorrow and i can't sleep and its quite warm tonight. -.-
Better than being in so-called Costa Del Easington!
I regularly fall asleep rather than trying to sleep, I ironically end up being awake longer if I try to sleep rather than just dropping asleep. Me and warm summer nights don't mix (he says whilst booking a 3 week break to South Spain and France), making my attempts at sleep even worse during the short-lived warmth up north.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm)NK53 TKT That's a reason to have a party, renowns are vile Cool Big Grin Angel Blush

I should have a bigger party when all urban90 seats are gone

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 08 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 11:10 pm)Jamie M Better than being in so-called Costa Del Easington!
I regularly fall asleep rather than trying to sleep, I ironically end up being awake longer if I try to sleep rather than just dropping asleep. Me and warm summer nights don't mix (he says whilst booking a 3 week break to South Spain and France), making my attempts at sleep even worse during the short-lived warmth up north.

Wish i could, these early mornings are killing me, done 8am till 5:30pm, all week so far, its my last 8am start tomorrow but i finish at 1 then I'm off on Friday and Monday, I'm off to get drunk haha

Hopefully it'll be Costa Del Sunderland again today!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 08 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I should have a bigger party when all urban90 seats are gone

Sad Angel No, don't go there or get me started, but URBAN 90s are good Blush

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - PO51WNF - 08 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm)BusLoverMum I was quite thankful for that. The closest one to us was the one at Sedgefield at school chucking out time. We got no more than a few spots, while the sky was still blue-ish.

Doubly thankful because I assured a neighbour that the storms weren't supposed to be coming this close to the coast, so it would be safe to put her washing out while she went to work!

Well a thunderstorm is currently passing over my house, so I'm happy now Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 08 Jun 2016

(08 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm)PO51WNF Well a thunderstorm is currently passing over my house, so I'm happy now Smile

Hope you enjoyed it Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 09 Jun 2016

Saw 7487 parked up in the layover bays in Durham Bus Station this afternoon, so I decided to take a photo of it, unfortunately it is a little difficult when you're trying to photograph it from stand A with the standard camera lense which doesn't zoom in anywhere near enough. I took one shot which was a bit of a duff shot, unfortunately I didn't feel like taking a second as the bus station security stood behind me and after I took the first shot he asked me if I was taking a photo of the bus or the driver? So this left me having to edit this shot to make it close to acceptable, think I've just got away with it. I do wonder if he'll have asked me the same question if it wasn't a female driver? Dodgy
[Image: 27490812411_94c4c894d9.jpg]Arriva North East: 7487 / LJ51DHZ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Jun 2016

(09 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm)Jimmi Saw 7487 parked up in the layover bays in Durham Bus Station this afternoon, so I decided to take a photo of it, unfortunately it is a little difficult when you're trying to photograph it from stand A with the standard camera lense which doesn't zoom in anywhere near enough. I took one shot which was a bit of a duff shot, unfortunately I didn't feel like taking a second as the bus station security stood behind me and after I took the first shot he asked me if I was taking a photo of the bus or the driver? So this left me having to edit this shot to make it close to acceptable, think I've just got away with it. I do wonder if he'll have asked me the same question if it wasn't a female driver? Dodgy 

I bought one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001EO6W8K/

Best move I've made if I'm honest. You get a good zoom length with it, and it isn't much more bulky than the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the camera. It's all I use now.

(09 Jun 2016, 6:21 pm)Adrian I bought one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001EO6W8K/

Best move I've made if I'm honest. You get a good zoom length with it, and it isn't much more bulky than the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the camera. It's all I use now.

I also have a 55-128?mm lens but I rarely take it out with me as most of the time I can get away with using the 18-55mm lens, sometimes a little cropping is required. It's only really required in situations like this, think about the only time I've used it was when I went to Jesmond depot last year to photograph the recently delivered Sapphire 7/24 Enviro 400's. I was looking at the lens one of my friends has with his Nikon the other day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 09 Jun 2016

(09 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm)Jimmi Saw 7487 parked up in the layover bays in Durham Bus Station this afternoon, so I decided to take a photo of it, unfortunately it is a little difficult when you're trying to photograph it from stand A with the standard camera lense which doesn't zoom in anywhere near enough. I took one shot which was a bit of a duff shot, unfortunately I didn't feel like taking a second as the bus station security stood behind me and after I took the first shot he asked me if I was taking a photo of the bus or the driver? So this left me having to edit this shot to make it close to acceptable, think I've just got away with it. I do wonder if he'll have asked me the same question if it wasn't a female driver? Dodgy
[Image: 27490812411_94c4c894d9.jpg]Arriva North East: 7487 / LJ51DHZ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Looks like Durham's Relief Inspector at the wheel to me Jimmi, and he is male... haha.

(09 Jun 2016, 10:34 pm)LeeCalder Looks like Durham's Relief Inspector at the wheel to me Jimmi, and he is male... haha.
Didn't realise that there was anyone actually in the cab, if you zoom in you can just see the reflection of the female driver in the windscreen who I cropped out of the photo.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 Jun 2016

In 10 minutes we've made it from County Hall to St. Leonards School!!!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 Jun 2016

When I was in the queue for the 7 that I am on now:

Those of us in the queue saw the 7 come in and even me from far back in the queue could see that a driver changeover was taking place (as it is a Belmont working - 1523) but a large group of pensioners and students swooped past us all and when they got to the front they noticed the driver changeover and upon discovery of this, did they go to the back of the busy queue, did they hell! Most of them ended up getting on in front of me which really angered me as I had already missed the run 20 minutes in front and as I know that the next three runs start at Framwellgate Moor I knew that they would arrive back in Durham goodness knows how late, so as I really wanted to be on this bus and was in a completly angry mood with determination to get on this bus.

Oh and if that doesn't make you want to punch people, trying to walk from one end of the bus station to the other will as it's like a bloody assault course trying to get round everybody.