North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 14 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 4:29 pm)S813 FVK The NE1 Motor Show would have had to have been mentioned on the website in some form as the Quaylink network had to be diverted because of it. They were not only advertising the event but also informing passengers of the diversions at the same time.

Well surely the fare changes should also have been advertised?

I receive an email alerting me of any Arriva, Stagecoach, TrentBarton or NCT fare changes, as well as it being stated on their websites.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 14 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 4:36 pm)LeeCalder Well surely the fare changes should also have been advertised?

I receive an email alerting me of any Arriva, Stagecoach, TrentBarton or NCT fare changes, as well as it being stated on their websites.

Ideally, yes. I think it will be interesting to see the reason why they were not advertised if one is ever given.

As Michael has pointed out on the forum the other day, the website still hasn't been updated to reflect various service changes that have happened - including the loss of the 68 and the change to the 36. This, again, isn't exactly fantastic

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Jul 2016

Screwed up my order in McDonald's, I don't like anything on burgers but tomato ketchup but sure enough I neglected to mention this and ended up with a Big Mac with everything on it.

This is the sort of thing that causes me all sorts of pain and frustration on a daily basis.

Also I tripped on my first bus this morning as some idiot had his leg in the aisle when I wanted to be off, fortunately I stopped myself from falling flat on my face.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 14 Jul 2016

Oaps on the 35 took nearly all the seats and a man having a bag on the opposite seat meaning me and 2 others had to stand

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Oaps on the 35 took nearly all the seats and a man having a bag on the opposite seat meaning me and 2 others had to stand

OAPs are entitled to sit on the seats, just as much as you & I are. I do hate people who occupy two seats when a bus is busy though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Oaps on the 35 took nearly all the seats and a man having a bag on the opposite seat meaning me and 2 others had to stand

I got the 7:03am number 18 (Stagecoach) this morning, was great, no one was on the bus so had a great choice of where to sit! 

Then again, it stopped once between Springwell and Southwick.....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 14 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 6:58 pm)Jimmi OAPs are entitled to sit on the seats, just as much as you & I are. I do hate people who occupy two seats when a bus is busy though.

I no but its frustrating when you folk out £13 on a week ticket and a service not expected to be busy is more busy than the likes of the pb20

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 15 Jul 2016

(14 Jul 2016, 7:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I no but its frustrating when you folk out £13 on a week ticket and a service not expected to be busy is more busy than the likes of the pb20

Oh I'm sorry your bus is too busy for you. Well then, we get the bus companies to run loads of buses empty at a loss. Oh whats that the bus company have ran out of money and can no longer run. Well then, there's no bus to get busy for you now, you have to walk instead. Problem Solved, oh wait the pavements will now be too crowded because everyone is walking because there is no buses because someone complained they were too busy.

Get real, everyone is entitled to use the bus regardless of whether they have a pass or paid a fare.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 15 Jul 2016

Waking up to watch the news to hear that, 80 people are dead in Nice, France, due to a truck driver driving in to a crowd.

http://news.sky.com/story/live-scores-dead-after-truck-attack-in-nice-10502078

R.I.P

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Jul 2016

My bus was unusually quiet, this afternoon.

Got home to find that. For the second time in a week, someone has vandalised the new render on the house. Livid.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 15 Jul 2016

Found I can cycle further and quicker than the service 6 can do in one journey. Might as well get my bike out in future!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 15 Jul 2016

(15 Jul 2016, 3:15 pm)Jamie M Found I can cycle further and quicker than the service 6 can do in one journey. Might as well get my bike out in future!

The 6 does seem to take ages. The other week I passed 6123 at Marconi Way heading to Stanley. We managed to look around IKEA and get back to Stanley before it yet it had a near 15-20, maybe even 30 minute, headstart.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 15 Jul 2016

(15 Jul 2016, 3:25 pm)S813 FVK The 6 does seem to take ages. The other week I passed 6123 at Marconi Way heading to Stanley. We managed to look around IKEA and get back to Stanley before it yet it had a near 15-20, maybe even 30 minute, headstart.
IKEA takes around an hour to even work out how to get out once you're inside also.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Jul 2016

(15 Jul 2016, 3:15 pm)Jamie M Found I can cycle further and quicker than the service 6 can do in one journey. Might as well get my bike out in future!

The 6 takes forever. Can barely walk after 80 minutes on one of those things.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 15 Jul 2016

More s*itting myself than anything....

I have had the house to myself for a week now, due to my mother travelling down to Derbyshire to see family. This evening, I was out with a friend, and as I got off the 82 (By this point the time is 2342) this bloke walked past the stop and said to me "Hello young'in, y areet", to which I said "Yeah good thanks mate", and I proceeded to cross the road.

The bloke then collared on that I didn't live across the road, and he pointed to my house, so I made up the excuse I was nipping to my mates house....

The bloke went half way down the street, and then went to unlock the door to his house. I by this point thought he had entered his house, but he hadn't, as I turned around he came back and said "I knew you would turn around", and he came over towards me again.

I then dashed off and walked around Barley Mow for ten minutes until I was sure he had gone. So I have no idea who this bloke is, but he knows where I live and I'm sitting here in the house by myself.....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Jul 2016

(15 Jul 2016, 11:15 pm)LeeCalder More s*itting myself than anything....

I have had the house to myself for a week now, due to my mother travelling down to Derbyshire to see family. This evening, I was out with a friend, and as I got off the 82 (By this point the time is 2342) this bloke walked past the stop and said to me "Hello young'in, y areet", to which I said "Yeah good thanks mate", and I proceeded to cross the road.

The bloke then collared on that I didn't live across the road, and he pointed to my house, so I made up the excuse I was nipping to my mates house....

The bloke went half way down the street, and then went to unlock the door to his house. I by this point thought he had entered his house, but he hadn't, as I turned around he came back and said "I knew you would turn around", and he came over towards me again.

I then dashed off and walked around Barley Mow for ten minutes until I was sure he had gone. So I have no idea who this bloke is, but he knows where I live and I'm sitting here in the house by myself.....
Call 101 if you feel threatened again

Though there is a chance he thought you were the one up to no good. Yoof of today and all that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 17 Jul 2016

Made a joke and some people have absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever, as some people haven't seen the funny side it has made me look a bit of a tit for making such joke.  Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 17 Jul 2016

My mate got refused on bus with his electric scooter i couldn't stop laughing when he refused to get of but we took the metro eventually as he was intimidating

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 18 Jul 2016

One day, ONE DAY, there won't be temporary traffic lights at Beaumont Hill in Darlington.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 19 Jul 2016

I managed to get a solid 6/7 minutes out of the Castles Express' WiFi....

From Durham to the Salutation Inn!