North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 04 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 1:20 pm)Jimmi Everything is going fan-freaking-tastic as ever!

Traffic in Bensham - SHOCK! resulted in me JUST missing two Enviro 400MMC's on the 62/63, then another one appeared on the X63 few but my camera decided to blur instead of shoot, so now I've got to wait goodness knows how long I will now have to wait for them to come back from Killingworth. Also the sun is in a bad spot which really doesn't help.

As you can imagine I am thrilled about all this and somehow my Nikon is still in one piece, Lord knows how after the bashing I gave it!

I'm not trying to be funny, but you need to appreciate that you have almost every day of every week to dedicate to your hobbies. The majority of people don't have that luxury, and are lucky if they can dedicate a day a week to it. You miss something one day, and there's likely to be nothing stopping you getting it the next.

Enjoy your hobbies rather than turning them into one huge mass of rage.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 6:31 pm)Adrian I'm not trying to be funny, but you need to appreciate that you have almost every day of every week to dedicate to your hobbies. The majority of people don't have that luxury, and are lucky if they can dedicate a day a week to it. You miss something one day, and there's likely to be nothing stopping you getting it the next.

Enjoy your hobbies rather than turning them into one huge mass of rage.
I understand where you are coming from, I have to admit I do go completely OTT at times especially on here (seem to be getting worse again recently which concerns me). I have very limited patience and I simply can't bare standing around or sitting in traffic anywhere, as such I wasn't best pleased with the prospect of being in Newcastle waiting around for 90 minutes for them to come back from Killingworth. I sometimes feel under pressure to keep up with things and keep my Flickr on track (not sure why) but that's gone a bit askew recently, got a whole outing of photos from a day out in Manchester a month ago and Leicester last Saturday that have yet to see the light of day and I am not happy that I've fallen behind on uploading. Newcastle in particular stresses the hell out of me with how busy it can be at times which doesn't help matters.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 04 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 6:55 pm)Jimmi I understand where you are coming from, I have to admit I do go completely OTT at times especially on here (seem to be getting worse again recently which concerns me). I have very limited patience and I simply can't bare standing around or sitting in traffic anywhere, as such I wasn't best pleased with the prospect of being in Newcastle waiting around for 90 minutes for them to come back from Killingworth. I sometimes feel under pressure to keep up with things and keep my Flickr on track (not sure why) but that's gone a bit askew recently, got a whole outing of photos from a day out in Manchester a month ago and Leicester last Saturday that have yet to see the light of day and I am not happy that I've fallen behind on uploading. Newcastle in particular stresses the hell out of me with how busy it can be at times which doesn't help matters.

If you're not sure why you need to keep your Flickr 'on track', use that as a basis to ease whatever pressure you feel to keep it updated. Transport photography is very niche and, while some may view it as a competition to get their photos online first, there is absolutely nothing to achieve by being first to do so - especially when the average quality of comment is typically along the lines of "Nice picture mate".

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 7:11 pm)MurdnunoC If you're not sure why you need to keep your Flickr 'on track', use that as a basis to ease whatever pressure you feel to keep it updated. Transport photography is very niche and, while some may view it as a competition to get their photos online first, there is absolutely nothing to achieve by being first to do so - especially when the average quality of comment is typically along the lines of "Nice picture mate".
I think the fact that a fair bit is going on at the moment is resulting in me pushing uploads back. Fortunately festival season is nearly over and winter will be coming soon, so that should mean more gigs and less bus outings, especially further afield ones, so hopefully from September onwards it will end up being mostly North East based outings which will be less photo focused, I hope.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 04 Aug 2016

My toe is really killing me at the minute!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 04 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 7:56 pm)NK53 TKT My toe is really killing me at the minute!!!

Try and run away from it or, better still, report your toe to the police for attempted murder. Killing is still a crime.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 05 Aug 2016

(04 Aug 2016, 8:20 pm)MurdnunoC Try and run away from it or, better still, report your toe to the police for attempted murder. Killing is still a crime.

Or sue the hotel where I injured it Angel

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 05 Aug 2016

Mod note: I've removed a handful of posts for now. I'll review when I'm home and contact the posters.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 05 Aug 2016

.jpg
image.jpg
Size: 525.47 KB / Downloads: 15

My toe as of currently, it has blistered

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 06 Aug 2016

(05 Aug 2016, 8:56 pm)NK53 TKT My toe as of currently, it has blistered

That isn't really what I wanted to see first thing on a morning.....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 07 Aug 2016

(06 Aug 2016, 7:43 am)LeeCalder That isn't really what I wanted to see first thing on a morning.....

Or first thing on a morning whilst having breakfast in McDonald's  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 07 Aug 2016

(07 Aug 2016, 6:51 am)GX03 SVC Or first thing on a morning whilst having breakfast in McDonald's  Big Grin

or last night when eating pork scratchings...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 07 Aug 2016

Oops, time differences! Not intended for the squeamish! Still sore though

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 07 Aug 2016

I missed the 136 so had to walk 10 minutes to the 4 bus stop

What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 07 Aug 2016

One week after services have started, and still no timetable:
[Image: e1053ec007ddc2fd4063b08f478ee756.jpg]

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 07 Aug 2016

(07 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm)MVK 500R One week after services have started, and still no timetable:

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

Not good. What kind of response did you get from Nexus?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 08 Aug 2016

No data left on my kindle and I end up with 6020 both to and from work

Delighted

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - GuyParkRoyal - 09 Aug 2016

(08 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm)Ambassador No data left on my kindle and I end up with 6020 both to and from work

Delighted

A B7 President on the Angel is a disappointment when customers are expecting WiFi. I have no issue with Presidents on the 21 as they seem to keep on time and comfort is OK. However it would be a good idea to fit Wifi to a few of the Chester le Street based Presidents to meet customers reasonable expectations.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 09 Aug 2016

(09 Aug 2016, 7:15 am)GuyParkRoyal A B7 President on the Angel is a disappointment when customers are expecting WiFi. I have no issue with Presidents on the 21 as they seem to keep on time and comfort is OK. However it would be a good idea to fit Wifi to a few of the Chester le Street based Presidents to meet customers reasonable expectations.

Some of them are shocking inside. 6020 is rusting away over vents at the front. 

They actually make a quicker journey than the awful hybrids but it'd be nice to have wifi fitted as there's always at least one President on

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Aug 2016

(09 Aug 2016, 5:43 pm)Ambassador Some of them are shocking inside. 6020 is rusting away over vents at the front. 

They actually make a quicker journey than the awful hybrids but it'd be nice to have wifi fitted as there's always at least one President on

Sadly, I can't see that happening on vehicles nearing the end of their working life.