North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Aug 2016

I do sometimes feel bad, on streetlites and E200s, in particular, when I have my bags on the floor so there's no choice but to have my legs projecting a little. I do try to shuffle over to let people off.

I think the E200s aren't really suitable tor the Belmont 64 because, by their very nature, they fill up at one end with lots of people with several full bags and there's nowhere to put them other than on the seat, on the floor between your feet, or, as it ends up by the time it's filled up completely at Framwellgate Moor, precariously stacked all the way up to your chin, being clung onto so it doesn't end up landing on the ehad of the person in front.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 15 Aug 2016

Managed to get 3814 on the X21 today, But by the time I was at Chester-Le-Street I had been attacked by the resident Moth and Daddy Long Legs ( Whatever its called ) Big Grin
Probably the two worst animals around for me, They just love to fly around Violently and land on you. There not even nice to look at.

(15 Aug 2016, 8:34 pm)South Tyne Lad Managed to get 3814 on the X21 today, But by the time I was at Chester-Le-Street I had been attacked by the resident Moth and Daddy Long Legs ( Whatever its called )  Big Grin
Probably the two worst animals around for me, They just love to fly around Violently and land on you. There not even nice to look at.
Should have thrown some pokeballs at them Wink (Daddy long legs are crane flies, btw Smile)

There's was a gigantic moth on the window next to us on 6046, this afternoon, but that was pretty well behaved (and smelt a lot nicer than the guy sat two rows in front, who needed introducing to the idea of anti-perspirant)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 8:22 pm)BusLoverMum I do sometimes feel bad, on streetlites and E200s, in particular, when I have my bags on the floor so there's no choice but to have my legs projecting a little. I do try to shuffle over to let people off.

I think the E200s aren't really suitable tor the Belmont 64 because, by their very nature, they fill up at one end with lots of people with several full bags and there's nowhere to put them other than on the seat, on the floor between your feet, or, as it ends up by the time it's filled up completely at Framwellgate Moor, precariously stacked all the way up to your chin, being clung onto so it doesn't end up landing on the ehad of the person in front.

I feel the 64 should have bigger buses full stop. Used to hate early finishes at college when it was Dart operated, used to love having buses fly past full of Framwellgate school kids unable to pick up us New College students and I bet the passengers at the other stops between Aykley Heads and Durham North Road feel the same because it flies past full of New College students.
(15 Aug 2016, 8:40 pm)BusLoverMum Should have thrown some pokeballs at them Wink (Daddy long legs are crane flies, btw Smile)

There's was a gigantic moth on the window next to us on 6046, this afternoon, but that was pretty well behaved (and smelt a lot nicer than the guy sat two rows in front, who needed introducing to the idea of anti-perspirant)
Had two behind me on the 5A that smelt like something dodgy, particularly their breaths to make matters worse they coughed and burped into my hair, ended up wetting my hair in the Dolphin Centre toilets to rid the germs and stench. Then had some smelly bloke brush past me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 15 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 8:22 pm)BusLoverMum I do sometimes feel bad, on streetlites and E200s, in particular, when I have my bags on the floor so there's no choice but to have my legs projecting a little. I do try to shuffle over to let people off.

I think it goes back to the storage vs seats vs accessibility conversation on another part of the forum a few weeks back.

Squeezing seats in to small, midi-buses that are used by a variety of the population, will inevitably lead to the situation you describe.
It is obviously repeated on other routes and vehicle types too.

I can't think of a modern vehicle, that has a decent amount of storage.

(15 Aug 2016, 8:59 pm)Andreos1 I think it goes back to the storage vs seats vs accessibility conversation on another part of the forum a few weeks back.

Squeezing seats in to small, midi-buses that are used by a variety of the population, will inevitably lead to the situation you describe.
It is obviously repeated on other routes and vehicle types too.

I can't think of a modern vehicle, that has a decent amount of storage.

The narrow aisles compound the problem, though. You end up with the problem Jimmi struggles with pretty much all the way along the bus because the aisle is just a sea of feet and bag straps. I quite like the layout of the Belmont 63 reg pulsars with a few rows only 3 seats across - creates room for big bags, shopping trolleys etc without sacrificing too much seat space. Even the wider double seats on the left are more comfortable if you're heavily laden because you simply have more room to tuck everything out of the way. They're also more accessible for people using large walking aids such as crutches and rollators - the very people who really need better seats than the foldy outy ones around the buggy and wheelchair bays!

Of course, any seating/baggage arrangement relying on floor space goes completely to pot when some pillock leaves a not quite empty drinks can on the floor. Blech!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 16 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 9:51 pm)BusLoverMum The narrow aisles compound the problem, though. You end up with the problem Jimmi struggles with pretty much all the way along the bus because the aisle is just a sea of feet and bag straps. I quite like the layout of the Belmont 63 reg pulsars with a few rows only 3 seats across - creates room for big bags, shopping trolleys etc without sacrificing too much seat space. Even the wider double seats on the left are more comfortable if you're heavily laden because you simply have more room to tuck everything out of the way. They're also more accessible for people using large walking aids such as crutches and rollators - the very people who really need better seats than the foldy outy ones around the buggy and wheelchair bays!

Of course, any seating/baggage arrangement relying on floor space goes completely to pot when some pillock leaves a not quite empty drinks can on the floor. Blech!

To be honest, I haven't noticed the issue with the narrow aisle - only legs sticking out in to them (I find trains the worst for this).

I am curious to see how density and pitch has changed over the years. Might need to get to the Sesburn Rally now *I will be the one with the tape measure*.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 16 Aug 2016

I am in Mallorca and it is cold and rainy Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 10:39 am)NK53 TKT I am in Mallorca and it is cold and rainy Angry

I'm in Wallsend... It's nice and sunny  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 11:42 am)GMitchelhill I'm in Wallsend... It's nice and sunny  Tongue

I'm in the lakes and it's nice today, had no rain so far BUT i'm camping tonight so no doubt it'll rain...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 11:44 am)Michael I'm in the lakes and it's nice today, had no rain so far BUT i'm camping tonight so no doubt it'll rain...
I'm thinking of doing the Lakes again tomorrow. Going to try and catch the open top Volvo Olympian on the 508 from Patterdale to Penrith and possibly a round trip on the 77.

If I go away to Blackpool for a weeks holiday again next year I'm going to do a whole day there again, but this time I may go straight from Blackpool to Windermere on the train rather than get the 42 from Blackpool to Lancaster then the 555 although I was pleased I did that especially as I bagged a Volvo Olympian on the 42 but next time I will start earlier to fit more within the Lakes in a day as it's tricky doing a decent outing there from Newton Aycliffe due to travel restraints. May do Lancaster on a separate day, getting the 42 to/from Blackpool.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 11:42 am)GMitchelhill I'm in Wallsend... It's nice and sunny  Tongue

Dodgy Why?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)Jimmi I'm thinking of doing the Lakes again tomorrow. Going to try and catch the open top Volvo Olympian on the 508 from Patterdale to Penrith and possibly a round trip on the 77.

If I go away to Blackpool for a weeks holiday again next year I'm going to do a whole day there again, but this time I may go straight from Blackpool to Windermere on the train rather than get the 42 from Blackpool to Lancaster then the 555 although I was pleased I did that especially as I bagged a Volvo Olympian on the 42 but next time I will start earlier to fit more within the Lakes in a day as it's tricky doing a decent outing there from Newton Aycliffe due to travel restraints. May do Lancaster on a separate day, getting the 42 to/from Blackpool.

Will definitely be going sometime this week too though as I've been planning on going for a while and I keep on setting it back. No idea where I'm going to go yet but hoping to get a train to Carlisle around 8:00 haven't made a plan yet though.

(16 Aug 2016, 7:12 pm)Tom Will definitely be going sometime this week too though as I've been planning on going for a while and I keep on setting it back. No idea where I'm going to go yet but hoping to get a train to Carlisle around 8:00 haven't made a plan yet though.
My plan for tomorrow:
0632 7 Durham Bus Station (0713)
0743 Northern - Newcastle (0803)
0824 Northern - Carlisle (0957)
1100 554 Keswick Bus Station (1211)
1230 77 Keswick Bus Station (1416)
1430 206 Patterdale Hotel (1509)
1520 506 Penrith Bus Station (1609)
1630 104 Carlisle, English Street (1706)
1728 Northern - Newcastle (1907)
1935 CrossCountry - Durham (1949)
2015 7 Newton Aycliffe

I'm hoping the open top Volvo Olympian is on the open top run on the 506, was on Monday. Knowing my luck they'll stick it somewhere else. Be very annoyed especially as just about everyone I know has caught it this year.

(16 Aug 2016, 7:20 pm)Jimmi My plan for tomorrow:
0632 7 Durham Bus Station (0713)
0743 Northern - Newcastle (0803)
0824 Northern - Carlisle (0957)
1100 554 Keswick Bus Station (1211)
1230 77 Keswick Bus Station (1416)
1430 206 Patterdale Hotel (1509)
1520 506 Penrith Bus Station (1609)
1630 104 Carlisle, English Street (1706)
1728 Northern - Newcastle (1907)
1935 CrossCountry - Durham (1949)
2015 7 Newton Aycliffe

I'm hoping the open top Volvo Olympian is on the open top run on the 506, was on Monday. Knowing my luck they'll stick it somewhere else. Be very annoyed especially as just about everyone I know has caught it this year.

Sounds good, is that P534EFL? Was on that last year it was great! If you get off the 77 at Seatoller and the 78 is due you might be get it on there too. 

0824 is probably the one I get on Friday or Saturday, is that the closest one to 8 there is?

(16 Aug 2016, 7:32 pm)Tom Sounds good, is that P534EFL? Was on that last year it was great! If you get off the 77 at Seatoller and the 78 is due you might be get it on there too. 

0824 is probably the one I get on Friday or Saturday, is that the closest one to 8 there is?

Yeah, that one. Could jump off the 77 in Seatoller but if it isn't running to time I could miss the 206 to Penrith although the last time I was there the 77A was late. Here's hoping I stick to time.

Yeah, for during the week at least it certainly is the 0824 as I think the one before it leaves at something like 06:50 which I can't get to Newcastle in time for. Not sure what time the first one is on Saturday's

(16 Aug 2016, 7:39 pm)Jimmi Yeah, that one. Could jump off the 77 in Seatoller but if it isn't running to time I could miss the 206 to Penrith although the last time I was there the 77A was late. Here's hoping I stick to time.

Yeah, for during the week at least it certainly is the 0824 as I think the one before it leaves at something like 06:50 which I can't get to Newcastle in time for. Not sure what time the first one is on Saturday's

Will do that one then as 06:50 is too early. Unsure what part to go to though, Keswick or Central Lakes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 16 Aug 2016

(16 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm)Tom Will do that one then as 06:50 is too early. Unsure what part to go to though, Keswick or Central Lakes.

Its the 6:46, Not 6:50. I used it when I went to the lakes last Monday.

(16 Aug 2016, 8:58 pm)South Tyne Lad Its the 6:46, Not 6:50. I used it when I went to the lakes last Monday.

Ah right cheers I can't see me being up for that time anyway

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 16 Aug 2016

Actually the 77 and 206 tend to share vehicles. It did when I was in the Lakes the other week.

Also the Volvo Olympian always seems to be used on the 508.