North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 22 Aug 2016

North Tyneside council has solved a way to avoid complains about area's not been tended to. They've put up signs saying they are letting the grass etc grow to encourage wildlife. What I read is that they found a way to find something as an excuse to save money.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 22 Aug 2016

(22 Aug 2016, 2:19 pm)GMitchelhill North Tyneside council has solved a way to avoid complains about area's not been tended to. They've put up signs saying they are letting the grass etc grow to encourage wildlife. What I read is that they found a way to find something as an excuse to save money.

Haha is that on the field? Supposedly for birds and bees never saw any in there myself it looks a total mess.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 22 Aug 2016

(22 Aug 2016, 2:19 pm)GMitchelhill North Tyneside council has solved a way to avoid complains about area's not been tended to. They've put up signs saying they are letting the grass etc grow to encourage wildlife. What I read is that they found a way to find something as an excuse to save money.

They have used that line for up by Newton Aycliffe Rail Station but in that case it actually seems to be true as I think it's for butterflies and stuff like that.

One annoying thing round my way is Livin have stopped cutting the grass outside people's houses, as such you now have one house where it's cut nicely and then it will be 10ft tall at the next house as everyone round my way are lazy ignorant prats, nearly got run over this afternoon as I had to walk in the middle of the road as some twit will only ever park in the space next to the footpath or quite regularly like today he parks on the footpath meaning you can't walk down it and he's not the only one in my street who parks outside their houses on public footpaths nowhere near the road.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 22 Aug 2016

(22 Aug 2016, 2:56 pm)Jimmi They have used that line for up by Newton Aycliffe Rail Station but in that case it actually seems to be true as I think it's for butterflies and stuff like that.

One annoying thing round my way is Livin have stopped cutting the grass outside people's houses, as such you now have one house where it's cut nicely and then it will be 10ft tall at the next house as everyone round my way are lazy ignorant prats, nearly got run over this afternoon as I had to walk in the middle of the road as some twit will only ever park in the space next to the footpath or quite regularly like today he parks on the footpath meaning you can't walk down it and he's not the only one in my street who parks outside their houses on public footpaths nowhere near the road.

I can't abide people who park all over the pavement. I'm not too careful about how I squeeze past Angel

Was a genuine PITA when I had littl'un in his SN buggy. I definitely wasn't too careful, then! Easier to squeeze past, sometimes than bump a heavy, fidgety child up and down a high kerb in what is effectively a wheelchair.

And don't get me started about the mess the pavements are in from having heavy vehicles parked on them. Great big holes in them, everywhere.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 22 Aug 2016

(22 Aug 2016, 2:23 pm)Tom Haha is that on the field? Supposedly for birds and bees never saw any in there myself it looks a total mess.

That is one of the location. There's loads of them around the area. Had a chance to read one in Battle Hill whilst waiting for a bus.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 22 Aug 2016

(22 Aug 2016, 11:06 pm)GMitchelhill That is one of the location. There's loads of them around the area. Had a chance to read one in Battle Hill whilst waiting for a bus.

God didn't realise they are doing them everywhere! Definitely cost cutting

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 23 Aug 2016

Absolutely disgusted with the driver of 5270. Allowed 2 prams and a buggy onto the bus, then when a wheelchair user wanted to board, told them there was no room, instead of asking the owner of the buggy to fold it down.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 23 Aug 2016

(23 Aug 2016, 3:32 pm)MVK 500R Absolutely disgusted with the driver of 5270. Allowed 2 prams and a buggy onto the bus, then when a wheelchair user wanted to board, told them there was no room, instead of asking the owner of the buggy to fold it down.

You must have been on the same bus I was quite shocked when he done that too as wheelchair users should have priority anyway? The prams were blocking the aisle too which was annoying. Think the 1 needs bigger buses soon as they seem to be getting busier, hopefully if the TEN or Angel gets investment we can have some of the B5s/B9s.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 23 Aug 2016

(23 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm)Tom You must have been on the same bus I was quite shocked when he done that too as wheelchair users should have priority anyway? The prams were blocking the aisle too which was annoying. Think the 1 needs bigger buses soon as they seem to be getting busier, hopefully if the TEN or Angel gets investment we can have some of the B5s/B9s.

Small world lol. Just saw this on gne's website:

"Our buses have a dedicated space for buggies and pushchairs as well as a wheelchair space.

Most buses can accommodate up to two buggies, or one buggy and a wheelchair user but if someone in a wheelchair wishes to board, and the wheelchair space is occupied by standing passengers or buggies, standing passengers and owners of buggies must free up the dedicated wheelchair space.

Wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walking frames and disability adapted pushchairs have priority in the dedicated wheelchair space. If the space is required, buggy owners should fold buggies and put them in the luggage space or keep them by their side, if there is no room in the buggy space. Please make sure that buggies are safely positioned within the designated areas and do not block the gangway."

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 23 Aug 2016

I thought it had went through the courts, and it was established that bus companies could not be forced to make people move? That does not excuse the lack of commonsense from fellow passengers mind.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 23 Aug 2016

(23 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm)Adrian I thought it had went through the courts, and it was established that bus companies could not be forced to make people move? That does not excuse the lack of commonsense from fellow passengers mind.
Someone has taken their case to Supreme Court in regards to FirstGroup's policy which appears to be "requesting, not requiring" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36534907

It's sad that this is occurring. One thing that is annoying is when this happens, you often end up with pushchairs where they shouldn't be, such as aisles which frequently happens.

You can see the frustrations from wheelchair users when the bus pulls up at times, some of them now seemingly can't be bothered with the arguments and faff on surrounding the matter and just end up waiting for another bus.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Aug 2016

Rather nervous about my dentist appointment today, made worse by the fact they are currently running over half an hour late, so I'm currently sat in the waiting room trying not to think about what could go wrong.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 24 Aug 2016

(24 Aug 2016, 10:16 am)Jimmi Rather nervous about my dentist appointment today, made worse by the fact they are currently running over half an hour late, so I'm currently sat in the waiting room trying not to think about what could go wrong.

On Twitter,  the hashtag #Worstpaineverin3words is trending.

Hope you don't have to contribute later!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Aug 2016

(24 Aug 2016, 10:36 am)Andreos1 On Twitter,  the hashtag #Worstpaineverin3words is trending.

Hope you don't have to contribute later!
I was having the remains of a tooth being taken out, fortunately things appear to have gone well, actually put Viola Beach's album on my iPod whilst I was in having it done, during the first song 'Swings and Waterslides' I was getting the injections, was out before the end of the second song on the album 'Like a Fool'

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Aug 2016

Booked TransPennine Express for today's trip (as it was 25% off fares) and requested a seat not at a table and sure enough, bloody table seat! Thanks for telling me that! To make matters worse the businessman wants to stretch his feet out meaning I have ZERO SPACE for mine, legs are currently under the seat and are hurting already, 5 minutes down, 55 to go!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 26 Aug 2016

I don't know if it's just me but everytime I'm on a GNE bus, even when it's late, the driver is always overly cautious, comparable to Arriva and Stagecoach who seem a little more adventurous (tho not at all in a dangerous manner)

GNE seem to be the 30mph Renault Megane driver I get stuck behind on the bypass

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 26 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 4:01 pm)Ambassador I don't know if it's just me but everytime I'm on a GNE bus, even when it's late, the driver is always overly cautious,  comparable to Arriva and Stagecoach who seem a little more adventurous (tho not at all in a dangerous manner)

GNE seem to be the 30mph Renault Megane driver I get stuck behind on the bypass

I find it's down to the driver, rather than the company. I've experienced many 'overly cautious' drivers who work for Arriva, at Belmont Depot. From the outside looking in, it seems to be a bit of a culture issue.

Even on the Durham Road corridor, you'll find a lot of Arriva drivers on the X12 will happily sit back and get later and later, taking their time and letting the Angel pick up all of the passengers. It's bizarre.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 26 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 3:57 pm)Jimmi Booked TransPennine Express for today's trip (as it was 25% off fares) and requested a seat not at a table and sure enough, bloody table seat! Thanks for telling me that! To make matters worse the businessman wants to stretch his feet out meaning I have ZERO SPACE for mine, legs are currently under the seat and are hurting already, 5 minutes down, 55 to go!

Still 25% off though? :p

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 5:05 pm)northern156 Still 25% off though?
Plus Railcard discount. £7 each way, so £14! Left foot is killing though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 26 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 5:11 pm)Jimmi Plus Railcard discount. £7 each way, so £14! Left foot is killing though.

No pain no gain? Smile