North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Sep 2016

(04 Sep 2016, 1:08 am)GMitchelhill Bridge Cameras such as my Canon SX410 Powershot are just as good, it's just what you used to having used pocket digital cameras over the last few years, I'm impressed with my bridge camera, and it's compact enough for me. I find DSLR camera's too bulky.

But one gripe for me is people who use their phones or ipads etc as their main camera. Give your head a wobble, camera's on phones are not a good thing to use to photo buses, the timing is bad on a lot of phone, just look at some of the tripe uploaded to the crap facebook groups where you either see an extremely blurred photo of a bus, or the top right hand corner of a bus. The only time I use my phone to photo buses is if I haven't got a camera and I'm caught out by a new vehicle or unusual working (which could have applied today if the MMC remained on the 71 for more than one journey this morning), or if I want to send a picture over Social Media to quickly show a friend. Plus you look a little bit daft photoing with a phone, especially if someone phones you whilst you are taking a photo. Though people using Ipad to take photos look even stupider, you may as well take a tea tray. In my opinion you are not a proper photographer if you don't own a proper standalone camera.

I'd say you can use whatever you want but typically I am less likely to look at photos taken on mobiles, iPad's etc partly because of the quality not being as good.

The worst is people who take mobile shots in portrait, "that's nice, it's the pavement!"

Can't stand people taking photos on iPad's but I partly put that down to one individual who I can't stand and nor can most people it seems, especially the time I tried photographing a Waggonway on a evening peak X21 and he got in the way with is baking tray. Worst was the time I was behind someone at a gig and they got a iPad out and started filming the bloody gig!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 04 Sep 2016

My big gripe today cash points. I intended going to NNRG running day. My plan was to catch the X70 from the Team Valley upto consent.

I arrived at the Team Valley in good time after walking down from my dad's. Only to find the HSBC near the bus stop was out of use. I checked in the shops nearby, none of them did cash back .

So I decided to hike upto Lobley Hill knowing there was a cash point at the Post Office. Made this with 3 minutes to spare. only to find this was out of use as well. Tried going into the shop next door but there was a massive queue.

Next I tried to get the bus to Consett using my Nexus travel card to the Tyne & Wear boundary at Bryremoor and paying the rest from there to Consett. Unfortunately I was 85p short.

No NNRG running day for me. I'm not a happy bunny.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 04 Sep 2016

(04 Sep 2016, 11:11 am)Charles41 My big gripe today cash points. I intended going to NNRG running day. My plan was to catch the X70 from the Team Valley upto consent.

I arrived at the Team Valley in good time after walking down from my dad's. Only to find the HSBC near the bus stop was out of use. I checked in the shops nearby, none of them did cash back .

So I decided to hike upto Lobley Hill knowing there was a cash point at the Post Office. Made this with 3 minutes to spare. only to find this was out of use as well. Tried going into the shop next door but there was a massive queue.

Next I tried to get the bus to Consett using my Nexus travel card to the Tyne & Wear boundary at Bryremoor and paying the rest from there to Consett. Unfortunately I was 85p short.

Charles
Aye, wish they accepted debit payment on the bus but of course if the transaction didn't complete for whatever reason you'd get your journey for free.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Sep 2016

(04 Sep 2016, 11:11 am)Charles41 My big gripe today cash points. I intended going to NNRG running day. My plan was to catch the X70 from the Team Valley upto consent.

Charles
Bit of a hike, but M&S and Sainsburys both do cashback, if you find yourself in a similar predicament, again.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - James101 - 04 Sep 2016

(04 Sep 2016, 7:38 pm)BusLoverMum Bit of a hike, but M&S and Sainsburys both do cashback, if you find yourself in a similar predicament, again.

Also Wetherspoons, which I find rather odd, but useful if you get stuck without cash.

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 05 Sep 2016

Not annoying but sad...

Going to our lasses Granddads funeral this morning...

Lets hope it passes without a hitch as half the family hate each other and her sister has a vendetta against me for some reason

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 05 Sep 2016

Charles

Lloyds have a few machines at their branch on the middle of Kingsway.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 05 Sep 2016

(04 Sep 2016, 7:42 pm)James101 Also Wetherspoons, which I find rather odd, but useful if you get stuck without cash.

IIRC, that Sainsburys also has cashpoints (as do most of their big branches). Husband often uses them at one branch or other, so they're fine with HSBC.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 06 Sep 2016

Bloody pedestrians walking into me at Park Lane [ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2016

(06 Sep 2016, 2:10 pm)northern156 Bloody pedestrians walking into me at Park Lane [ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE]

#JimmiProblems

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 06 Sep 2016

(06 Sep 2016, 2:10 pm)northern156 Bloody pedestrians walking into me at Park Lane [ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bloody bus enthusiasts taking photos of me at Park Lane!!!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 06 Sep 2016

(06 Sep 2016, 3:40 pm)Dan Bloody bus enthusiasts taking photos of me at Park Lane!!!!!

Frothing over 650 no doubt.  Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 06 Sep 2016

I go back to school tomorrow

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2016

Sick of people doing all these 'friend tests' on Facebook. Usually you have to do something like copy the text the person has written and re-post it on your wall or something like that, or comment under the post with either 'stay' or 'leave'

Surprised I haven't lost any friends yet by not responding to these, although a fair few of these I see are people on my friends list responding to them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 06 Sep 2016

(06 Sep 2016, 9:33 pm)Jimmi Sick of people doing all these 'friend tests' on Facebook. Usually you have to do something like copy the text the person has written and re-post it on your wall or something like that, or comment under the post with either 'stay' or 'leave'

Surprised I haven't lost any friends yet by not responding to these, although a fair few of these I see are people on my friends list responding to them.
This is why I don't fakebook.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 07 Sep 2016

Today's gripe is PCL Travel.

Travelled to Morpeth from Newcastle with a view to catching the 13.35 79 service over to Kingston Park via Scots Gap.

Waited until 14.00 but the bus never turned up. It is still advertised at Morpeth Bus Station as running. It is also advertised on PCL Travel's website and is registered on VOSA.

At 14.00 PCL Travel's Ford Transit turned up and dropped two old ladies off from Wallington Hall. I asked the driver what was happening. He stated that they have withdrawn the service as no-one uses it.

This begs two questions, firstly why has none of the information been updated either on-line or at the bus station and secondly what were two old ladies doing on a bus service that does not seem to be advertised or registered?

A complete shambles.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 07 Sep 2016

(07 Sep 2016, 2:39 pm)Charles41 Today's gripe is PCL Travel.

Travelled to Morpeth from Newcastle with a view to catching the 13.35 79 service over to Kingston Park via Scots Gap.

Waited until 14.00 but the bus never turned up. It is still advertised at Morpeth Bus Station as running. It is also advertised on PCL Travel's website and is registered on VOSA.

At 14.00 PCL Travel's Ford Transit turned up and dropped two old ladies off from Wallington Hall. I asked the driver what was happening. He stated that they have withdrawn the service as no-one uses it.

This begs two questions, firstly why has none of the information been updated either on-line or at the bus station and secondly what were two old ladies doing on a bus service that does not seem to be advertised or registered?

A complete shambles.

Charles

That has happened to me every time I try, the service is non existent

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Brian13 - 07 Sep 2016

(07 Sep 2016, 8:16 pm)NK53 TKT That has happened to me every time I try, the service is non existent

PCL Travel is the one company I try and avoid using

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 07 Sep 2016

Speaking of PCL, was waiting at Prudhoe station for the train to Sunderland. Saw their rural link dart come into Prudhoe Interchange and park up and the driver gets out and goes into the industrial estate bit next to Prudhoe Station. Was gonna get a photo of it while driver was gone but the train was due any minute so missed out. If he done that 10 minutes earlier I would've got one. Then I get to Sunderland as I wanted to trade in my Silver Milanese Loop for a black one at CeX for my Apple Watch, wait for it to be tested and come back and they check it and they realise the one they have is a fake one, bit of a waste of a trip, but they had some online so ordered one from there with the voucher I got from them for my genuine one.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 08 Sep 2016

(07 Sep 2016, 2:39 pm)Charles41 Today's gripe is PCL Travel.

A complete shambles.

Charles

I'm sure the 79 is a Council contract, therefore the operator can't withdraw it?