North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 10 Sep 2016

(10 Sep 2016, 3:15 pm)Jimmi Can't leave the festival and being a fussy eater means that with a lack of food I would eat, I'm going to have to starve until I get home which won't be until 23:30 at the earliest

Big'un can sympathise with that one. He often goes all day without eating (makes up for lost time, mind!)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 10 Sep 2016

(10 Sep 2016, 3:18 pm)Adrian Just eat what is going. If they're serving it, it's not going to kill you. Smile
If only it were that simple. Offer big'un something not on The List and you might as well have offered him a poo sandwich. (Just as well I can bring myself to choke down something grim from Greggs when needs must - it's a massive leap for him that he's discovered a few of their sandwiches he likes. Well actually, one of their sandwiches, but they serve it in various ways).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 10 Sep 2016

(10 Sep 2016, 8:16 pm)BusLoverMum If only it were that simple. Offer big'un something not on The List and you might as well have offered him a poo sandwich. (Just as well I can bring myself to choke down something grim from Greggs when needs must - it's a massive leap for him that he's discovered a few of their sandwiches he likes. Well actually, one of their sandwiches, but they serve it in various ways).

I used to have no choice when I was a bairn. We had to sit at the table until we were finished, whether we liked it or not. It was one way of getting us used to eating veg though, I suppose! 

I'll eat most nowadays, other than fish.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 10 Sep 2016

Just feeling a bit down in general, and I cannot pinpoint what is causing it, just feel totally conflicted at the moment.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Sep 2016

Was going to do Moorsbus this afternoon but as the Sapphire 7 was 10 minutes late, I have instead ending up in Darlington with nothing to do as I missed the connecting X66 at Harrowgate Hill.

Left a snotty post on Arriva's Facebook about it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - neilwatson - 11 Sep 2016

Last Stagecoach 553 from South Shields to Newcastle was due at 1700 and decided not to turn up so had to pay £3.50 to ride one of GNE'S buses. I was also unhappy that my finisher pack contained no medal.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 11 Sep 2016

Go to take a photo of the Flying Scotsman this evening on the return journey from Carlisle and camera decides to play up with message saying "no memory card" as its approaching when the memory card is in the camera, thankfully managed to get a good one earlier today when it was going the other way. And got video of it on my iPhone so at least it wasn't a complete waste of time this evening.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 11 Sep 2016

My phone and my Nikon camera broke today.. Not a good Sunday for me  Angry   Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 14 Sep 2016

Having a bus waiting, but no sign of a driver for it.

Haven't got time for a cuppa before picking littl'un up, now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 14 Sep 2016

(14 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm)BusLoverMum Having a bus waiting, but no sign of a driver for it.

Flask? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 15 Sep 2016

(14 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm)BusLoverMum Having a bus waiting, but no sign of a driver for it.

Durham bus station by any chance?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Sep 2016

(14 Sep 2016, 1:54 pm)Jamie M Flask? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
I just shivered and had one when I got back! (Totally different to this afternoon and Tuesday - we still had a fret and I was huddled up in me coat!)
(15 Sep 2016, 2:43 pm)Adrian Durham bus station by any chance?

Naturellement. Almost every stand occupied at about 1:30pm, the late running 24 ended up on stand K! The 22 had to go round the block before it could even drop off, then got its own stand as a 43 left, still pretty much on time, then finally, at gone quarter to, a potential driver arrived, took a look at the running board, shook his head, went back to the office, then came back again and logged in, himself. I can only assume our own driver was either delayed or asleep! We followed the 24 out of Durham.

So long as it's not raining stair rods, I need to visit the Arnison centre again, in the morning. Wish me luck because it's not been a great week for local bus travel!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Sep 2016

(15 Sep 2016, 10:20 pm)BusLoverMum I just shivered and had one when I got back! (Totally different to this afternoon and Tuesday - we still had a fret and I was huddled up in me coat!)

Naturellement. Almost every stand occupied at about 1:30pm, the late running 24 ended up on stand K! The 22 had to go round the block before it could even drop off, then got its own stand as a 43 left, still pretty much on time, then finally, at gone quarter to, a potential driver arrived, took a look at the running board, shook his head, went back to the office, then came back again and logged in, himself. I can only assume our own driver was either delayed or asleep! We followed the 24 out of Durham.

So long as it's not raining stair rods, I need to visit the Arnison centre again, in the morning. Wish me luck because it's not been a great week for local bus travel!

We arrived in Durham Bus Station early this afternoon on the 7 and driver had to go out and come back in as the X21 to Bishop Auckland was on the stand the 7 uses, we ended up getting dropped off on stand A, I was especially annoyed by this as I saw Nexus liveried 2816 on the 49A and wanted a photo, fortunately it didn't leave for a while.

When I got back into Durham this afternoon just after 3pm, the 22 was on stand C and 24 was on D with the 16 pulling onto stand B.

The first time I entered Durham Bus Station this afternoon was even more chaotic as a OmniDekka had broken down on stand C.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 16 Sep 2016

I was expecting a parcel to be delivered by Yodel yesterday between the hours of 7am-5pm - it didn't arrive, meaning I wasn't able to go and visit my other half.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 11:05 am)LeeCalder I was expecting a parcel to be delivered by Yodel yesterday between the hours of 7am-5pm - it didn't arrive, meaning I wasn't able to go and visit my other half.

Do you not get a tracking number with Yodel? I normally check first thing to make sure it's gone out in the van at least, but the vague estimates are never great.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 11:21 am)Adrian Do you not get a tracking number with Yodel? I normally check first thing to make sure it's gone out in the van at least, but the vague estimates are never great.
I once tried their customer chat and it was awful like.. they knew nothing and you could tell they were handling many clients.. too many at once. 6 minutes between responses. It's fairly comical, the guy I was with spent 2 minutes typing.. was expecting an essay and got just "okay". The one downside to online shopping has to be when delivery goes wrong, cause the customer support have no idea - nor does anyone else.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 11:21 am)Adrian Do you not get a tracking number with Yodel? I normally check first thing to make sure it's gone out in the van at least, but the vague estimates are never great.

All they could tell me was that Argos had not yet dispatched the item to them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - James101 - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 2:17 pm)Jamie M I once tried their customer chat and it was awful like.. they knew nothing and you could tell they were handling many clients.. too many at once. 6 minutes between responses. It's fairly comical, the guy I was with spent 2 minutes typing.. was expecting an essay and got just "okay". The one downside to online shopping has to be when delivery goes wrong, cause the customer support have no idea - nor does anyone else.

After Yodel had held my item for around a week without dispatching it, I ended up needing it really urgently. I found it almost impossible to find a direct phone number to my local depot. When I eventually did I explained I intended to head down there to get it myself. They said I couldn't as nobody on site was trained for that!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 3:44 pm)James101 After Yodel had held my item for around a week without dispatching it, I ended up needing it really urgently. I found it almost impossible to find a direct phone number to my local depot. When I eventually did I explained I intended to head down there to get it myself. They said I couldn't as nobody on site was trained for that!
They finally said to me "oh, it's sitting in the depot", I'm like "so what's next...?" and nothing else came back. Still waiting for the item 3 weeks later.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 16 Sep 2016

I'm having to go to Edinburgh on short notice tomorrow with work (on call joy)

Travel have booked me on a train without checking and I stupidly accepted.

East Coast mainline is closed between Berwick and Alnwick, so I've a whopping 3hr 6min journey from Newcastle to Edinburgh....I'm not best pleased!