North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 22 Sep 2016

Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level Tongue

I think this may seem a bit stupid to some of you...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 8:26 pm)EL1TE Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level

I only twice took the scholars when I used to go to school. One service was dubbed the 'slave trade', (however politically incorrect that may be) due to the fact that it often was filled with standing - perhaps 20 students being turned away.

I rarely used to take the bus before last year, though. I went through an eco-activist stage. I still twist when 'Citaro' is brought up - some of Stanley's only manage 4/5mpg - if you know anything about 16/a, it's urban and not stopping too much for the majority of the trip.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 22 Sep 2016

Have had a pretty poor week or so, today I finally had a reasonably good day today, finally got round to doing the Spirit Buses services 15/16, was nice seeing the scenery and hearing the guided tour on the 16. Just a pity the day in typical fashion has gone to crap over THAT photo.

Seem to be causing nowt but bother and/or offence for my photo taking at the moment which is just leaving me feeling fed up.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 8:26 pm)EL1TE Younger students at my school shouting on my scholars this morning.

I understand they are young, but one absolutely screamed when he found a ratatat(?) whilst playing pokemon go... wish I had 6027 instead of 6042 this morning because it may have reduced the noise level Tongue

I usually mutter and roll my eyes (and say something unrepeatable) when i find yet another Rattata Big Grin

(22 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm)Jamie M I only twice took the scholars when I used to go to school. One service was dubbed the 'slave trade', (however politically incorrect that may be) due to the fact that it often was filled with standing - perhaps 20 students being turned away.

I rarely used to take the bus before last year, though. I went through an eco-activist stage. I still twist when  'Citaro' is brought up - some of Stanley's only manage 4/5mpg - if you know anything about 16/a, it's urban and not stopping too much for the majority of the trip.

Most of the 16/16a is rural. :s

They don't have the sound of vehicles that are light on fuel, though. They purr far too deep for that. Same with the outgoing Renowns. Caught 4896 through Durham, a few months ago, and all that came to mind was the idea that a kitten died every time the engine revved because it sounded pretty hungry and dirty!

That said there's some steep hills on the diamond route. They need somethign either seriously beefy or seriously nippy. Those citaros make light of Daisy hill in a way that only the lightweight streetlites and the sturdier pulsars (arriva only) and better of the Omnicities can do. Where the citaros are wasted is on routes like the B;aydon Racers and crusaders, which ARE mostly urban and with an awful lot of start stop which is where the engines are least efficient and a powerful engine relative to vehicle size is least necessary.

In car terms, the Durham Diamonds route, taken year round, could justify a hefty 4WD (heck, we've considered it, where we live) while the Crusaders and Blaydon Racers would make the most of a Prius, or even a Leaf.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 22 Sep 2016

I'm sure it was the Citaro Bendys that had such low fuel figures and not the rigid ones.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 9:52 pm)Jimmi Have had a pretty poor week or so, today I finally had a reasonably good day today, finally got round to doing the Spirit Buses services 15/16, was nice seeing the scenery and hearing the guided tour on the 16. Just a pity the day in typical fashion has gone to crap over THAT photo.

Seem to be causing nowt but bother and/or offence for my photo taking at the moment which is just leaving me feeling fed up.

Ahaha some bus enthusiasts seem to getting worse! How the hell are you can be to blame for that it makes me laugh how they come up with these things I don't know - have they got nothing better to do than moan on about pathetic things and putting people down.

I wouldn't let it bother you Smile Don't let it ruin your day
And as people have said on the A line thread I would reupload the photo the facebook if you want to as you're not doing anything wrong.

(22 Sep 2016, 10:24 pm)GMitchelhill I'm sure it was the Citaro Bendys that had such low fuel figures and not the rigid ones.

That wouldn't surprise me - they must weigh the same as double deck vehicles, after all.

According to this, it's about 10.5mpg for he various streetlites, so the numbers are never going to not be shocking.
http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/new-look-wrightbus/ Bear in mnd that the typical streetlites used up here probably have little over half the passenger capacity of the artic citaros.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 10:27 pm)Tom Ahaha some bus enthusiasts seem to getting worse! How the hell are you can be to blame for that it makes me laugh how they come up with these things I don't know - have they got nothing better to do than moan on about pathetic things and putting people down.

I wouldn't let it bother you Smile Don't let it ruin your day
And as people have said on the A line thread I would reupload the photo the facebook if you want to as you're not doing anything wrong.

What essentially has been said to me is "take it down, we don't want him or A-line getting in trouble do we?" that's basically what happened but it got made like I was the one in the wrong when really I've done sod all wrong.

Some Facebook groups are getting on my nerves, another painful one was over this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv with arguments saying it's not DDA / PSVAR, ALL vehicles on normal service work should now comply... WRONG! But they wouldn't have it so it went on and on and on for a whole day until I lost it and pointed out he was talking guff.

(22 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm)Jimmi What essentially has been said to me is "take it down, we don't want him or A-line getting in trouble do we?" that's basically what happened but it got made like I was the one in the wrong when really I've done sod all wrong.

Some Facebook groups are getting on my nerves, another painful one was over this photo: https://flic.kr/p/LhPJJv with arguments saying it's not DDA / PSVAR, ALL vehicles on normal service work should now comply... WRONG! But they wouldn't have it so it went on and on and on for a whole day until I lost it and pointed out he was talking guff.

Your only response to that needs to be "I took the photo. I didn't commission that vehicle on that route."

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm)Jimmi What essentially has been said to me is "take it down, we don't want him or A-line getting in trouble do we?" that's basically what happened but it got made like I was the one in the wrong when really I've done sod all wrong.

Wonder what they would be saying if that bus driver was for working for GNE...?? Bet they wouldn't be telling you to take it down then.

And yeah people who won't admit they're wrong and are so arrogant about stuff annoy me too

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 23 Sep 2016

What has someone else's driving standards got to do with you?

Honestly, I really do despair...

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 23 Sep 2016

(23 Sep 2016, 6:38 am)Dan What has someone else's driving standards got to do with you?

I've never been on any of the facebook groups and hope to keep it that way. There seems to be more petty discussions than facts. In fact, from what I've heard - there's a complete absence of fact!

(22 Sep 2016, 10:24 pm)GMitchelhill I'm sure it was the Citaro Bendys that had such low fuel figures and not the rigid ones.
A lot of stanley drivers have said they [D.diamond Citaros] have poor MPG, often not quoting. The few who did stated 4 or 5MPG.
The bendy buses were reported as even worse by the same drivers.
I was also reliably informed that the low MPG is the reason why the aircon belt was removed in these vehicles. Sometimes the driver turns it on, you feel air - but not cold air.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 23 Sep 2016

(23 Sep 2016, 8:25 am)Jamie M A lot of stanley drivers have said they [D.diamond Citaros] have poor MPG, often not quoting. The few who did stated 4 or 5MPG.
The bendy buses were reported as even worse by the same drivers.
I was also reliably informed that the low MPG is the reason why the aircon belt was removed in these vehicles. Sometimes the driver turns it on, you feel air - but not cold air.

Rigid Citaros get between 7 and 8 MPG.

Streetlite Micro-Hybrids between 10 and 11.

(23 Sep 2016, 8:57 am)Dan Rigid Citaros get between 7 and 8 MPG.

Streetlite Micro-Hybrids between 10 and 11.
Drivers trying to kill me with doors and feeding me false information! What's next? Being stalked by bus? *cough* 6014 *cough*

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 23 Sep 2016

(23 Sep 2016, 8:16 am)Jamie M I've never been on any of the facebook groups and hope to keep it that way. There seems to be more petty discussions than facts. In fact, from what I've heard - there's a complete absence of fact!

It's any form of Internet site though, you can get it on anywhere although Facebook in general can be bad for it, not just in groups either. At the same time though not all reactions from people on them are bad, was pleased to get some positive comments for this photo: https://flic.kr/p/MmKnMM at the same time as I was getting hounded for the other photo last night.

Last night was just ridiculous, it really did feel like I was the one who was in the wrong for this, first comment was "don't show the police this photo" then same person followed with something like "Matthew Jimmison please delete this photo from the group to avoid causing any further problems, we don't want [DRIVER NAME] or A-line to get into trouble over this photograph" really this guilt tripped me into deleting it from the group, well that and I was sick of my phone going off every 5 minutes whilst I was trying to watch Red Dwarf. It ended with me thinking, if the wrong person sees this, they'll get into trouble and then I'll be the one who gets grief for uploading the offending photo if the driver (or A-line) get into trouble over it, I did check my Flickr stats and noticed that I had views of the photo on my Flickr from Facebook and I had two thoughts in my head as to why I had the two views, the first being the standard "it'll just be for the bus" but the other was "Oh God, more comments over the driving."

The whole thing has just left me feeling peed off as I hate the feeling that I've done something bad especially when I've seemingly done nothing wrong which I didn't as it was just me doing the usual which is snap the bus then be on my way. I had a bit of issues getting the photo owing to the times of the MB2 not fitting in well with the plan I made for the day, the original plan was to catch it at the start point at Chester-le-Street, South Burns but in order to achieve this, I needed my X14 from Thropton to arrive in Newcastle on-time at 17:16 to catch the 17:20 X21 but sure enough we got stuck in traffic on the A1 at Seaton Burn which resulted in us arriving in Newcastle late, I knew that I could catch either the 17:26 21 or 17:30 X12 to Birtley so I could catch it there, so I opted for the X12 on the basis it stops less and the 21 was late and made it with time to spare. At around 18:15 I started to fear it was not going to show but fortunately it did. The de-tour for this photo resulted in me getting home 30 minutes later although the late arrival in Newcastle probably would have made me miss the previous 7 at around 18:15 anyway. I didn't stand outside Nisa for 20 odd minutes waiting to photograph it only to not upload it, getting some strange looks in the process, Nisa was selected as the junction provided a gap for the low sun to shine through rather than having shadows covering the bus, that proved slightly problematic as a car wanted to be out as the bus came up the road but thankfully got out before then and two people stood in the way but were picked up before the bus came.

So with all this in mind, you can kinda see why I'm annoyed by it. The hobby is starting to become more trouble than it's worth at this point, so that's something I will need to address to avoid the situation becoming worse, possibly a break.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Y935 ERG - 23 Sep 2016

It doesn't need to be DDA, its a Coach.....
(23 Sep 2016, 6:38 am)Dan What has someone else's driving standards got to do with you?

And we wonder why others think bus enthusiasts are weird......
(23 Sep 2016, 11:09 am)Jimmi It's any form of Internet site though, you can get it on anywhere although Facebook in general can be bad for it, not just in groups either. At the same time though not all reactions from people on them are bad, was pleased to get some positive comments for this photo: https://flic.kr/p/MmKnMM at the same time as I was getting hounded for the other photo last night.

Last night was just ridiculous, it really did feel like I was the one who was in the wrong for this, first comment was "don't show the police this photo" then same person followed with something like "Matthew Jimmison please delete this photo from the group to avoid causing any further problems, we don't want [DRIVER NAME] or A-line to get into trouble over this photograph" really this guilt tripped me into deleting it from the group, well that and I was sick of my phone going off every 5 minutes whilst I was trying to watch Red Dwarf. It ended with me thinking, if the wrong person sees this, they'll get into trouble and then I'll be the one who gets grief for uploading the offending photo if the driver (or A-line) get into trouble over it, I did check my Flickr stats and noticed that I had views of the photo on my Flickr from Facebook and I had two thoughts in my head as to why I had the two views, the first being the standard "it'll just be for the bus" but the other was "Oh God, more comments over the driving."

The whole thing has just left me feeling peed off as I hate the feeling that I've done something bad especially when I've seemingly done nothing wrong which I didn't as it was just me doing the usual which is snap the bus then be on my way. I had a bit of issues getting the photo owing to the times of the MB2 not fitting in well with the plan I made for the day, the original plan was to catch it at the start point at Chester-le-Street, South Burns but in order to achieve this, I needed my X14 from Thropton to arrive in Newcastle on-time at 17:16 to catch the 17:20 X21 but sure enough we got stuck in traffic on the A1 at Seaton Burn which resulted in us arriving in Newcastle late, I knew that I could catch either the 17:26 21 or 17:30 X12 to Birtley so I could catch it there, so I opted for the X12 on the basis it stops less and the 21 was late and made it with time to spare. At around 18:15 I started to fear it was not going to show but fortunately it did. The de-tour for this photo resulted in me getting home 30 minutes later although the late arrival in Newcastle probably would have made me miss the previous 7 at around 18:15 anyway. I didn't stand outside Nisa for 20 odd minutes waiting to photograph it only to not upload it, getting some strange looks in the process, Nisa was selected as the junction provided a gap for the low sun to shine through rather than having shadows covering the bus, that proved slightly problematic as a car wanted to be out as the bus came up the road but thankfully got out before then and two people stood in the way but were picked up before the bus came.

So with all this in mind, you can kinda see why I'm annoyed by it. The hobby is starting to become more trouble than it's worth at this point, so that's something I will need to address to avoid the situation becoming worse, possibly a break.

Think most know the driver, he wouldn't get into trouble as he wouldn't do what he did if it wasn't safe.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 23 Sep 2016

I'm not entirely sure whether the individual in question is a member, but I know others are friends with him. One of the conditions of this thread is that we will not use it to raise grievances with other members.

That being said, I think we'll leave this conversation right there.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 24 Sep 2016

Got too many flickr pictures which aren't renamed.