North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 30 Oct 2016

Definite contender for the thread. Got some vouchers for another Northern unlimited day ranger for use tomorrow, so was going to make a small trip to Carlisle to pick them up as something to do on my Sunday. Was planning on getting the 2-hourly 685 operated by Stagecoach - getting a bus from mine to Carlisle is something I used to do frequently but I haven't done it in a few years so I was quite looking forward to it!

Drive over, park up, walk to the bus stop and wait. Until I realise I've left the form I need for my tickets at home, so I see the Stagecoach MAN roar past as I walk back to the car ashamed of my pure idiocy.
Going to get the next one from Brampton (1 bus per hour) but still not as good as what I was hoping for from the house.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Nov 2016

You wait for a MAX X46 branded ALX400 to turn up and when one finally does, you get a photo of it and at the front upstairs, you've some bloke with no shirt on. Guess I will have to try and get a better shot (of the bus, not the bloke).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 1:24 pm)Jimmi You wait for a MAX X46 branded ALX400 to turn up and when one finally does, you get a photo of it and at the front upstairs, you've some bloke with no shirt on. Guess I will have to try and get a better shot (of the bus, not the bloke).

No shirt on, bloody hell I've got my thick winter coat on, they must be tough as nails in Crook!

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 1:24 pm)Jimmi You wait for a MAX X46 branded ALX400 to turn up and when one finally does, you get a photo of it and at the front upstairs, you've some bloke with no shirt on. Guess I will have to try and get a better shot (of the bus, not the bloke).
MS paint some clothes on!
I've actually stopped taking pictures altogether. I know a lot of drivers so talk to them instead of taking pictures of their vehicles.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 2:15 pm)Jamie M I've actually stopped taking pictures altogether. I know a lot of drivers so talk to them instead of taking pictures of their vehicles.

This one has got my scratching my head. How does knowing a lot of drivers prevent you taking pictures.

I know lots of drivers but that hasn't stopped me from taking photos. It's like someone stopped betting on horses because they know the member of staff in the betting shop.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 5:58 pm)GMitchelhill This one has got my scratching my head. How does knowing a lot of drivers prevent you taking pictures.

I know lots of drivers but that hasn't stopped me from taking photos. It's like someone stopped betting on horses because they know the member of staff in the betting shop.
I'm preoccupied with talking to them. The bond between me and drivers isn't directly the reason I have stopped, more the fact I am always talking to someone when out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 01 Nov 2016

Missed the x12 by seconds. Have my work iPad so neded wifi. Red 21 turns up. I let it go after waiting 15 minutes. Next 21 turns up and it's another bloody B7.

Max guarantee style GNE?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 6:14 pm)Ambassador Missed the x12 by seconds. Have my work iPad so neded wifi. Red 21 turns up. I let it go after waiting 15 minutes. Next 21 turns up and it's another bloody B7.

Max guarantee style GNE?

I reckon someone knew and allocated them on purpose for you  Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 6:18 pm)citaro5284 I reckon someone knew and allocated them on purpose for you  Smile

It feels like it . Bit the bullet and jumped on the second one .

God I hate these B7s. All the ride comfort of a Blackpool roller coaster . 

I'm starting to even miss 3965

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 01 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm)Ambassador It feels like it . Bit the bullet and jumped on the second one .

God I hate these B7s. All the ride comfort of a Blackpool roller coaster . 

I'm starting to even miss 3965

6011 has the worst ride comfort in my experience of the B7's, the seats were like sitting on a stone floor, luckily was only going to the Gallieries from Houghton

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 01 Nov 2016

My house...

The damp issues, heat problems is making me ill...Twice in 4 weeks I have had cold and chest problems...

A report from the letting agent suggested our landlord do various bits of work...

Is he bothered...Is he fairycakes, he wants rid of us when our tenancy agreement runs out in February, why...because we complain too much about stuff that needs doing, so he can do one for all I care come February, he has caused us unneeded stress and because of my mental health problems has sent my emotions spiralling [CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 03 Nov 2016

(01 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm)MrFozz My house...

The damp issues, heat problems is making me ill...Twice in 4 weeks I have had cold and chest problems...

A report from the letting agent suggested our landlord do various bits of work...

Is he bothered...Is he fairycakes, he wants rid of us when our tenancy agreement runs out in February, why...because we complain too much about stuff that needs doing, so he can do one for all I care come February, he has caused us unneeded stress and because of my mental health problems has sent my emotions spiralling [CRYING FACE]

We're struggling with damp, too - massive condensation problems and damp in the kitchen. Discovered a slow leak in a pipe under the kitchen floor. Can we even get a response from a plumber about re-routing the pipes, can we hell. Looks like it's going to be another sweary DIY job for husband.

For my own immediate annoyance - today's attempt to print train tickets - What a bloody faff on.

I opted to print tickets at home because it was an option and oh so easy.

Only the printer's up to it's old tricks - takes ages to respond then just prints the last of 4 tickets ans spits out a blank page.

So i set it going again - knowing the printer was awake - then get stuck into doing something else. Go upstairs about 15 minutes later to find it's churned out over half a dozen copies of the last ticket, plus blank page. Get downstairs and my laptop's hung.

So, I restart everything, printer and laptop and let it all rest for a while. Sit down with my lunch to have another go, find I can't open the pdf from firefox and the windows mail thingy isn't cooperating with yahoo mail at all (yahoo keeps complaining bitterly about using another client to access it on my laptop - if they sorted out their website, I might consider it, but nope), so I can't retrieve the mail to open it from there.

So i go to my phone and forward the confirmation mail, which has the pdf attachment to my gmail - all behaves beautifully. Go upstairs to retrieve my printed tickets to find that it's printed 2 other full sets, too!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 12:43 pm)BusLoverMum For my own immediate annoyance - today's attempt to print train tickets - What a bloody faff on.

I opted to print tickets at home because it was an option and oh so easy.

Only the printer's up to it's old tricks - takes ages to respond then just prints the last of 4 tickets ans spits out a blank page.

So i set it going again - knowing the printer was awake - then get stuck into doing something else. Go upstairs about 15 minutes later to find it's churned out over half a dozen copies of the last ticket, plus blank page. Get downstairs and my laptop's hung.

So, I restart everything, printer and laptop and let it all rest for a while. Sit down with my lunch to have another go, find I can't open the pdf from firefox and the windows mail thingy isn't cooperating with yahoo mail at all (yahoo keeps complaining bitterly about using another client to access it on my laptop - if they sorted out their website, I might consider it, but nope), so I can't retrieve the mail to open it from there.

So i go to my phone and forward the confirmation mail, which has the pdf attachment to my gmail - all behaves beautifully. Go upstairs to retrieve my printed tickets to find that it's printed 2 other full sets, too!

This IT is not all cracked up to what it is suppose to be like  Tongue

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 03 Nov 2016

Being harassed by some miserable pensioner for standing next to the doors at Eldon Square and keeping them open when wanted some fresh air as not well, nearly told them to mind their own business and if don't stop harassing will tell security but their bus showed up before then.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm)TEN 6083 Being harassed by some miserable pensioner for standing next to the doors at Eldon Square and keeping them open when wanted some fresh air as not well, nearly told them to mind their own business and if don't stop harassing will tell security but their bus showed up before then.

Not having a go but I can see where the pensioner is coming from in a way, it aint a very nice day and quite cold and chilly...Aren't them doors there for public safety in the first place

Is the stand you wait at far from the top of the Bus Station, as you could easy enough stand at the main entrance for fresh...

Though, there is no need for people to have a go at you if your not doing anything seriously wrong and quite a few old people are happy to grief anyone for anything

(03 Nov 2016, 1:25 pm)MrFozz Not having a go but I can see where the pensioner is coming from in a way, it aint a very nice day and quite cold and chilly...Aren't them doors there for public safety in the first place

Is the stand you wait at far from the top of the Bus Station, as you could easy enough stand at the main entrance for fresh...

Though, there is no need for people to have a go at you if your not doing anything seriously wrong and quite a few old people are happy to grief anyone for anything

Doesn't help with the fact I am on the autistic spectrum so I don't like strangers coming up to me and telling me what to do, if they asked politely then I would have moved which they didn't do.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 2:18 pm)TEN 6083 Doesn't help with the fact I am on the autistic spectrum so I don't like strangers coming up to me and telling me what to do, if they asked politely then I would have moved which they didn't do.

Good manners and politeness costs nothing

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm)TEN 6083 Being harassed by some miserable pensioner for standing next to the doors at Eldon Square and keeping them open when wanted some fresh air as not well, nearly told them to mind their own business and if don't stop harassing will tell security but their bus showed up before then.

Probably not unrelated to the woman who got on a baking hot and very full red kite Streetlite, once and slammed one of the few windows shut on her way. Soon got opened again!

Though it's bloomin' 'orrible, today and I'm just steeling myself for the school run plod with a warm cup of chamomile tea.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm)TEN 6083 Being harassed by some miserable pensioner for standing next to the doors at Eldon Square and keeping them open when wanted some fresh air as not well, nearly told them to mind their own business and if don't stop harassing will tell security but their bus showed up before then.

Would it not of been easier to go outside instead until the bus was due?, instead of keeping them open.

Least then no one would of complained.

(03 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm)Michael Would it not of been easier to go outside instead until the bus was due?, instead of keeping them open.

Least then no one would of complained.

Could've done that, but didn't think about it at the time