North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 2:51 pm)BusLoverMum Probably not unrelated to the woman who got on a baking hot and very full red kite Streetlite, once and slammed one of the few windows shut on her way. Soon got opened again!

Though it's bloomin' 'orrible, today and I'm just steeling myself for the school run plod with a warm cup of chamomile tea.

That reminds me of an old lady getting on one of the old East Durham MPDs about 5 yr ago at the height of summer, A/C was knackered so the driver asked for the windows to be opened, the old lady went mad complaining that she had just had her hair done at the hairdressers and she did not want it messed up, bus driver told her she should have thought about that before getting on the bus and that the world does not revolve around her or her haircut, she threatened to complain to GNE about the driver and look so smug that she thought she had the other passengers on her side and was totally dejected when someone said 'If you do we will all back the driver', utterly shocked and defeated she sat back down telling her mate what she thought of the driver as we still managed to stay nice and cool on what was a clammy day

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 03 Nov 2016

After moaning about B7s, old faithful 3965 rocks up on the 21. Take my fairly well worn seat to find a thick coating of mould running along the window

Lovely!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 6:23 pm)Ambassador After moaning about B7s, old faithful 3965 rocks up on the 21. Take my fairly well worn seat to find a thick coating of mould running along the window

Lovely!

We caught that on Wednesday. It is pretty fusty, it has to be said!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - GuyParkRoyal - 04 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 6:23 pm)Ambassador After moaning about B7s, old faithful 3965 rocks up on the 21. Take my fairly well worn seat to find a thick coating of mould running along the window

Lovely!

That interior of 3965 is disgusting the grime on the ceiling of the upper deck is a disgrace. Considering 3965 was recently out of service for bodywork and painting surely a deep clean and replacement of some seat coverng would have completed the job properly.

Go North East do seen to think that sending a bus for a nice repaint making it look good on the outside is enough for their customers. They need to up their quality stanards and compliment external repaints with an internal steam clean and removal of obsolete internal posters and signs.

If Go North East want to see a good bench mark on internal cleaning of buses they should look at JH Coaches their Tridents are an example of how an interior should be cleaned.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Nov 2016

Off work and i'm bored as out!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 04 Nov 2016

(04 Nov 2016, 11:09 am)Michael Off work and i'm bored as out!

Have you not got any Pokemon to catch?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Nov 2016

(04 Nov 2016, 12:37 pm)Andreos1 Have you not got any Pokemon to catch?

I do but it's all the same Pokemon so i gave up.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Nov 2016

Yes driver and woman on the 5, just make small talk in Bishop Auckland Bus Station, not like anyone wants to get on the 5 and go anywhere... Currently 10 minutes late at Cabin Gate.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Nov 2016

(04 Nov 2016, 7:51 am)GuyParkRoyal That interior of 3965 is disgusting the grime on the ceiling of the upper deck is a disgrace. Considering 3965 was recently out of service for bodywork and painting surely a deep clean and replacement of some seat coverng would have completed the job properly.

Go North East do seen to think that sending a bus for a nice repaint making it look good on the outside is enough for their customers. They need to up their quality stanards and compliment external repaints with an internal steam clean and removal of obsolete internal posters and signs.

If Go North East want to see a good bench mark on internal cleaning of buses they should look at JH Coaches their Tridents are an example of how an interior should be cleaned.
My exact thoughts when the Diamonds were re-painted - OK so replacing worn seating isn't an immediate and painless job, but they would have looked a heck of a lot better if the floors had been steam cleaned to get rid of ground in grime.

In all fairness, Arriva are no better. It's getting to the point where I can tell which sapphire I'm on by the dirt patterns and grafitti on the seats. There's not even any excuse for the same dirt being on the same e-leather seats for over a month.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 05 Nov 2016

(04 Nov 2016, 11:41 pm)BusLoverMum In all fairness, Arriva are no better. It's getting to the point where I can tell which sapphire I'm on by the dirt patterns and grafitti on the seats. There's not even any excuse for the same dirt being on the same e-leather seats for over a month.

But seeing graffiti such as "Tommy from Ashington Woz 'Ere" or "Billy Mill Bad Boy Krew" while travelling from Ushaw Moor to Durham provides the novelty of giving the regular passenger a rare enthusiast insight as to where the bus has been in the past.  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 08 Nov 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37910431

Even more confirmation the world is screwed and ruled by big business.
McDonald's suing the city of Florence because the authorities won't let them open a store.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 09 Nov 2016

My mind is overthinking, and it's playing hell with my anxiety issues and worrying that I may be falling back into a depression.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 09 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm)GMitchelhill My mind is overthinking, and it's playing hell with my anxiety issues and worrying that I may be falling back into a depression.
Gotta stay strong, easier said than done, but nothing else to it. Been there, done that, and all I can tell you is find ways to dismiss the small voices. Everyone is different, especially with coping with their own conscience, but have confidence in yourself and that you'll be alright, and you'll find it's all good [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 10 Nov 2016

The fact that 3 of the 4 FAB 56 Geminis I travelled on, the plugs weren't working.

However it worked out in the end as I managed to get some Volvo Olympian haulage as the 4th one (the one with working plugs) followed the Olympian into Toon.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 10:47 pm)GMitchelhill The fact that 3 of the 4 FAB 56 Geminis I travelled on, the plugs weren't working.

However it worked out in the end as I managed to get some Volvo Olympian haulage as the 4th one (the one with working plugs) followed the Olympian into Toon.
Plug sockets not working can be a pain, don't think any of Darlington's Sapphire 7 branded buses having working sockets, at least one of the two Belmont 7 branded Pulsar's do though but is little consolation to the fact that I nearly always only ever use the Darlington depot boards. Annoys me that so many of the plug sockets on North East buses don't work, sampled a selection of Transdev buses in Yorkshire recently that have USB charging points and all three buses that had them worked.

This is part the reason why I now permanently have my phone set to STAMINA mode, to increase the battery life between charges.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 10 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 11:08 pm)Jimmi Plug sockets not working can be a pain, don't think any of Darlington's Sapphire 7 branded buses having working sockets, at least one of the two Belmont 7 branded Pulsar's do though but is little consolation to the fact that I nearly always only ever use the Darlington depot boards. Annoys me that so many of the plug sockets on North East buses don't work, sampled a selection of Transdev buses in Yorkshire recently that have USB charging points and all three buses that had them worked.

This is part the reason why I now permanently have my phone set to STAMINA mode, to increase the battery life between charges.

This is the reason that I now have a 10,000mA power pack.

One to put on your Christmas list.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 10 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 11:33 pm)BusLoverMum This is the reason that I now have a 10,000mA power pack.

One to put on your Christmas list.
Id just forget to charge the power pack.
I've learned how to make my SGS6 last the whole day on one charge and listen to music and whatever. A few tips for android:
1) Avoid using GNE app - it's trash on android and hurts the battery life, even if the screen is off because of background processing.
2) Turn the screen off as much as possible.
3) Use restrictive data, only uses data on active applications, meaning much less 4G processing.

I can get 20 hours out of my phone whilst listening to music loud and browsing as much as I need to. No need for powerpacks unless I found myself camping or short of a charger. Impossible to get more than a day out of it, even if you dont listen to music and just leave the screen off! Most iphones are similar, though my 3GS got a good 3 days of heavy usage before needing a charge. Great little phone but too old to work now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 11 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm)Jamie M Id just forget to charge the power pack.
I've learned how to make my SGS6 last the whole day on one charge and listen to music and whatever. A few tips for android:
1) Avoid using GNE app - it's trash on android and hurts the battery life, even if the screen is off because of background processing.
3) Use restrictive data, only uses data on active applications, meaning much less 4G processing.

I can get 20 hours out of my phone whilst listening to music loud and browsing as much as I need to. No need for powerpacks unless I found myself camping or short of a charger. Impossible to get more than a day out of it, even if you dont listen to music and just leave the screen off! Most iphones are similar, though my 3GS got a good 3 days of heavy usage before needing a charge. Great little phone but too old to work now.

I just connect up the charger when my phone's done! Helps that phone has turbo charge, so tops up dead quick.

Bigun remembers to connect when I nag him. We both Pokémon which is a big drain.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm)Jamie M Id just forget to charge the power pack.

My way of increasing the battery life on my phone in addition to the above is to turn it off when I go to bed at night, I have an alarm clock in my bedroom which I can set if I need to be up for a certain time. The STAMINA mode on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact works a treat at keeping the battery life up as it disables a lot of things running in the background.

I hardly ever use the GNE app anyway, only really require the Live Stop Departures feature but I find it a bit sluggish and a pain to use, so what I often tend to do is use Google Maps as it often gives live times from bus stops for Go North East (and Arriva North East) buses in minutes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 12:20 am)Jimmi My way of increasing the battery life on my phone in addition to the above is to turn it off when I go to bed at night, I have an alarm clock in my bedroom which I can set if I need to be up for a certain time. The STAMINA mode on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact works a treat at keeping the battery life up as it disables a lot of things running in the background.

I hardly ever use the GNE app anyway, only really require the Live Stop Departures feature but I find it a bit sluggish and a pain to use, so what I often tend to do is use Google Maps as it often gives live times from bus stops for Go North East (and Arriva North East) buses in minutes.
The apple gne app is great, they are apparently developing the android app to be even better than ever. I got told this from an advisor who seemed to be completely bored.
Oh well. Hopefully soon.