North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Dec 2016

(16 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm)Jamie M I don't think I've gone a working week without annoying someone, somewhere - but completely unintentional.
Sometimes people wind me up about it so I don't actually know if I've annoyed someone or it's just people winding me up!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it mainly feels like it's come from me getting annoyed with things and people are sick of it to the point some want to lash out at me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 16 Dec 2016

(16 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm)Jimmi Unfortunately it mainly feels like it's come from me getting annoyed with things and people are sick of it to the point some want to lash out at me.
My main question then is - why do you care? I mean it's a bit of a sharp question, and it's a bit hypocritical of myself because I get very uptight about this kinda thing, even with people I hardly know. I only get anxious when I forget to ask myself why I even care about what other people think of myself.
If you can't think about anything you've obviously done wrong, then it's not really obnoxious and they have nothing to really complain about...
...but we all like complaining about random crap, whether it's a person or emotions - it's why this thread has taken off in the first place. What I've found is that others sometimes (or most of the time) complain about everything and everyone.

I think the issue with people like us with this mindset is that we find it very hard to just dismiss random judgements, even if we truely don't care about the person giving them. I'm not very vocal about it, but I can relate to this, as I can to most things you post on this thread. Arrogance is the extreme of this, but I believe negative judgements and words only do anything if you don't dismiss them, but rather, endorse them. It's a challenge and a half, but if you can grow to think about judgements before you let yourself become emotionally entangled, it helps a lot to reduce the panics with these situations - which may undoubtedly be daily encounters, for some.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Dec 2016

(16 Dec 2016, 5:00 pm)Jamie M My main question then is - why do you care? I mean it's a bit of a sharp question, and it's a bit hypocritical of myself because I get very uptight about this kinda thing, even with people I hardly know. I only get anxious when I forget to ask myself why I even care about what other people think of myself.
If you can't think about anything you've obviously done wrong, then it's not really obnoxious and they have nothing to really complain about...
...but we all like complaining about random crap, whether it's a person or emotions - it's why this thread has taken off in the first place. What I've found is that others sometimes (or most of the time) complain about everything and everyone.

I think the issue with people like us with this mindset is that we find it very hard to just dismiss random judgements, even if we truely don't care about the person giving them. I'm not very vocal about it, but I can relate to this, as I can to most things you post on this thread. Arrogance is the extreme of this, but I believe negative judgements and words only do anything if you don't dismiss them, but rather, endorse them. It's a challenge and a half, but if you can grow to think about judgements before you let yourself become emotionally entangled, it helps a lot to reduce the panics with these situations - which may undoubtedly be daily encounters, for some.

It's with people I know that have been getting annoyed with me today, because I was getting annoyed with things and moaned about what's irritated me.

There has been other factors that have led to me going on a bit of a downward spiral this week, but I ain't going to go into any of that on here.

I get what you mean, but can't convey the right words to respond to it.

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 16 Dec 2016

One thing has annoyed me today...

Went to pick an inhaler up for my dad at my local chemist and the pharmacist had a go at me for an incident 6 months ago...

My dad has a nomad tray with his weekly meds in and it gets delivered weekly, back in May, one of his nomad trays went missing when my folks were on holiday and the delivery driver claimed I picked them up on my doorstep, the day in question, I was with my Missus all that day as we had visited her granddad in hospital and went to see England v Australia at the SOL, I had no opportunity to get my hands on them...

Fast forward to today, first time I been in that specific chemist, The bastard pharmacist got me to one side and in front of his staff, in as many words, called me a liar to my face, he did not even have the decency to take me into a private room and talk about it...

All I got was "You did accept them", "The driver described you to a T" and "The driver nearly got sacked over it" and that I "Need to think about that"...

It was embarrassing and I was hurt the way it has been done, the man knows I have a history of addiction and he knows I have been on a recovery programme for nearly 2 years now.

Despite my history and a million reasons not to believe me, my parents believe me and so does my partner.

Neither side can fully prove what happened as they should be signed for, and as far as I am aware, not a shred of paper can be found with a signature on.

I dont know what to do to be honest, if I complain, I am worried that exposing my past will be dragged up and used against me, I dont want the man to be sacked, it is his livelihood and I want no part of a potential downfall for him.

I wish the Chemist had called the police or some other authority to look into it at the time and settled it back then.

In future I am just going to refuse outright to sign for my old mans tablets and never set foot in that chemist again

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 17 Dec 2016

Great start to the day. Bloody 22 hasn't turned up. Timings on the app were nonsensical, then it disappeared off the face of the earth. We've changed our plans to get to Newcastle, but a poor girl at the bus stop can't get to work on time, now.

And this would be marginally less annoying if arriva actually used their social media to communicate with us, instead of announcing crap competitions.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 17 Dec 2016

(17 Dec 2016, 9:26 am)BusLoverMum Great start to the day. Bloody 22 hasn't turned up. Timings on the app were nonsensical, then it disappeared off the face of the earth. We've changed our plans to get to Newcastle, but a poor girl at the bus stop can't get to work on time, now.

And this would be marginally less annoying if arriva actually used their social media to communicate with us, instead of announcing crap competitions.
I have found that Arriva are getting better these days, but there service is still rubbish at times...

Couple of months ago the 22 and 23 rarely came on time...

I still tend to use GNE as much as I can, though when I get to Shildon I will be utterly reliant on Arriva

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 17 Dec 2016

(17 Dec 2016, 10:20 am)MrFozz I have found that Arriva are getting better these days, but there service is still rubbish at times...

Couple of months ago the 22 and 23 rarely came on time...

I still tend to use GNE as much as I can, though when I get to Shildon I will be utterly reliant on Arriva

When are u moving to Shildon?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 17 Dec 2016

(17 Dec 2016, 10:23 am)Michael When are u moving to Shildon?
Properly in the New Year...

We are just getting the place fit to live in at the moment

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 18 Dec 2016

Anyone else used the new messenger update? Not liking it at all.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 18 Dec 2016

(18 Dec 2016, 4:52 pm)Tom Anyone else used the new messenger update? Not liking it at all.
Yes, unfortunately. Don't like it, I keep sliding down expecting it to refresh and instead it brings up the camera instead.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 18 Dec 2016

Argh at a driver on the 21.

Decided to get the bus to a liquid lunch in Durham. Got on at Eighton Lodge and asked for a green buzzfare, using my network one all zone to Barley Mow.

Driver refused and said I'd have to get on, then come down at Barley Mow and pay for my buzzfare because his machine wouldn't allow it.

Went along with the charade. Wasn't happy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 18 Dec 2016

(18 Dec 2016, 8:09 pm)Ambassador Argh at a driver on the 21.

Decided to get the bus to a liquid lunch in Durham. Got on at Eighton Lodge and asked for a green buzzfare, using my network one all zone to Barley Mow.

Driver refused and said I'd have to get on, then come down at Barley Mow and pay for my buzzfare because his machine wouldn't allow it.

Even 25 years ago, the machines could cope with split tickets. Very odd (I used to have a 2 zone pass, but would sometimes travel further afield. Never a problem).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 19 Dec 2016

(18 Dec 2016, 8:09 pm)Ambassador Argh at a driver on the 21.

(18 Dec 2016, 10:21 pm)BusLoverMum Even 25 years ago, the machines could cope with split tickets. Very odd (I used to have a 2 zone pass, but would sometimes travel further afield. Never a problem).

Haven't tried it for ages, but the Vix ETMs are (or at least were!) capable of issuing tickets in this fashion. I used to have a monthly Purple/Green ticket, and when I'd commonly venture into the Red zone, I'd get a ticket at either Washington or Durham. The driver would skiop stages ahead to allow him to issue the ticket, and then skip them back.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 19 Dec 2016

(19 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm)Adrian Haven't tried it for ages, but the Vix ETMs are (or at least were!) capable of issuing tickets in this fashion. I used to have a monthly Purple/Green ticket, and when I'd commonly venture into the Red zone, I'd get a ticket at either Washington or Durham. The driver would skiop stages ahead to allow him to issue the ticket, and then skip them back.

This was back in the numbered zone days! Even X66 drivers would just ticket for the difference, despite it being a non-stop bus.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 25 Dec 2016

Being ill with cold / flu and having to go back to work on Boxing day.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Dec 2016

Laptop won't connect to the WiFi.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 Dec 2016

(30 Dec 2016, 3:27 pm)Jimmi Laptop won't connect to the WiFi.
Maybe it's the WiFi that won't connect to the laptop ?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Dec 2016

(30 Dec 2016, 3:33 pm)Jamie M Maybe it's the WiFi that won't connect to the laptop ?

Either way, it's annoying. My phone is connected to it, no problem at all.

Typical it happens now, got a photo of 1519 on the 7 to upload.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 Dec 2016

(30 Dec 2016, 3:36 pm)Jimmi Either way, it's annoying. My phone is connected to it, no problem at all.

Typical it happens now, got a photo of 1519 on the 7 to upload.
Transfer the pictures to your phone via cable, then upload on your phone.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Dec 2016

(30 Dec 2016, 3:51 pm)Jamie M Transfer the pictures to your phone via cable, then upload on your phone.

Problem is, I need to crop them before I upload them (because I am actually a terrible photographer ) and I require the Internet for it really, only alternatives are crop it in Microsoft Paint which I ain't doing (again) or crop them on my phone but will be tricky getting the size right on my phone.

Honestly no idea what's the matter with it.