North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 14 Jan 2017

My driving school, i paid for extra lessons two weeks ago. Now my instructor wants to move me to someone else.

Not impressed at all.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 14 Jan 2017

(14 Jan 2017, 4:11 pm)Jamie M Knacked my bike.
Seat became loose and tyres became flat. Long push home, Hebburn to Derwentside...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh dear

You could try a Petrol Station's tyre machine to inflate your tyres, Not sure on the Seat though, As it hasn't yet on my bike!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Jan 2017

I should just give up attempting to be sociable and just lock myself away, at least then I can't annoy anyone.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 14 Jan 2017

Brilliant feeling to have when ive wasted my own time traveling all the way to Castleside and having to endure 3 hours of Streetlite's to get there to find the bus stop taken by a parked Suburu -
And that the driver parks the Streetlite just on a bend in the road, Enough to make the Sun shine right on the bus, And that half of the church which was to be in the photograph was obscured by the Suburu.

Did enjoy the rest of the day however but for the main reason I travelled all the way there to find that was a serious p*sstake

I'll find a way to photograph one soon Rolleyes

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 15 Jan 2017

(14 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm)South Tyne Lad Oh dear

You could try a Petrol Station's tyre machine to inflate your tyres, Not sure on the Seat though, As it hasn't yet on my bike!

I didn't want to waste time finding a petrol station and filling the tyre up. I was doing 30 and a few more down old durham road, I hit a pothole and the whole rear end just became loose. I have a comfort seat, so at least my backside didn't suffer 😛
I absolutely torture my bike, to be honest. I push it to its absolute limit. Feels rougher and rougher, every ride I do.

(14 Jan 2017, 10:25 pm)Jimmi I should just give up attempting to be sociable and just lock myself away, at least then I can't annoy anyone.
You've had your fair share of annoying events to deal with, but don't stop fighting - you've not pushed through the previous encouters in order to stop now!

(14 Jan 2017, 10:33 pm)South Tyne Lad Brilliant feeling to have when ive wasted my own time traveling all the way to Castleside and having to endure 3 hours of Streetlite's to get there to find the bus stop taken by a parked Suburu -
And that the driver parks the Streetlite just on a bend in the road, Enough to make the Sun shine right on the bus, And that half of the church which was to be in the photograph was obscured by the Suburu.

Did enjoy the rest of the day however but for the main reason I travelled all the way there to find that was a serious p*sstake

I'll find a way to photograph one soon Rolleyes
eeeeeeeeee, bad driver! 😛
In all fairness, it is annoying, but such is life. Quite a lot of the drivers at Stanley wore humbug hats at Christmas - they'd probably want the sun to spoil all of your fun!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Jan 2017

Heading to Birmingham but currently stuck just outside Northallerton on a VTEC service to York to catch my next train owing to overrunning engineering works. Well that's me missing our connecting train.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 9:09 am)Jimmi Heading to Birmingham but currently stuck just outside Northallerton on a VTEC service to York to catch my next train owing to overrunning engineering works. Well that's me missing our connecting train.

Mind, you certainly get about  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 9:18 am)citaro5284 Mind, you certainly get about 

50 minutes outside Northallerton wasn't quite what I had in mind like!

When I started these outings everything ran smoothly, now every trip I make is the biggest drama ever, such as the 4 and a half hour journey from Liverpool to Darlington with several diversions, various will I, won't I make connections and general late running.

Now moving! Someone is claiming they are going to miss their flight.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 15 Jan 2017

Freddo's going up to 30p... I remember when they were 10p!!

Looks to be happening in Spring.

(15 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm)Michael Freddo's going up to 30p... I remember when they were 10p!!

Looks to be happening in Spring.
My hot chocolate from Atlas taxi rank, Consett remains 25 pence, has been since 2007!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 12:53 am)Jamie M eeeeeeeeee, bad driver! ?
In all fairness, it is annoying, but such is life. Quite a lot of the drivers at Stanley wore humbug hats at Christmas - they'd probably want the sun to spoil all of your fun!

Funny enough when I asked the driver if I had time to photograph the bus, She said yes but only if I didn't get her in the photograph, Which was rather surprising considering she was a very friendly driver!

I'll see if I can get back up for next week!

(15 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm)South Tyne Lad Funny enough when I asked the driver if I had time to photograph the bus, She said yes but only if I didn't get her in the photograph, Which was rather surprising considering she was a very friendly driver!

I'll see if I can get back up for next week!
I know most of them up there by name. Quite a lot of them just want to have a bit of privacy. There are quite a lot of quiet drivers up there who just rather get on with it and don't want their face all over the internet. Given it's a new bus, you can appreciate why they ask that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 2:33 pm)Jamie M I know most of them up there by name. Quite a lot of them just want to have a bit of privacy. There are quite a lot of quiet drivers up there who just rather get on with it and don't want their face all over the internet. Given it's a new bus, you can appreciate why they ask that.

Aye, I didn't mind it. Atleast she wasn't shouting swear words or pulling her sun visor down over her face like some miserable ones do.

(15 Jan 2017, 2:48 pm)South Tyne Lad Aye, I didn't mind it. Atleast she wasn't shouting swear words or pulling her sun visor down over her face like some miserable ones do.
I thunk you got to embrace it because it's a public service role - you're working with the public, not excluding the members of public who are doing something you don't like, even if the public are well within their rights to do what they're doing.

*written horribly*

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 15 Jan 2017

Everytime the bus speeds up my seat tilts back and every time the drive breaks it throws me forward

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 4:33 pm)Ds1197 Everytime the bus speeds up my seat tilts back and every time the drive breaks it throws me forward

You can pay about £2.50 at a fairground for that and you're getting it for free! Bargain.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 9:09 am)Jimmi Heading to Birmingham but currently stuck just outside Northallerton on a VTEC service to York to catch my next train owing to overrunning engineering works. Well that's me missing our connecting train.

Delay repay Jimmi. There's always a silver lining to these things.

(15 Jan 2017, 5:13 pm)Andreos1 Delay repay Jimmi. There's always a silver lining to these things.
I either bus or I drive where bus don't go. You do have to pay for a night's in and fuel, but you are sure to end up in the right place and not end up throwing money down the loo for missing trains etc. Both ways have their pros and cons.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2017

(15 Jan 2017, 5:17 pm)Jamie M I either bus or I drive where bus don't go. You do have to pay for a night's in and fuel, but you are sure to end up in the right place and not end up throwing money down the loo for missing trains etc. Both ways have their pros and cons.

That's the thing though. Miss a bus through a late connection and you're potentially screwed - especially if it's the last one. Thats money thrown down the loo.
Miss a train through a late connection and you're looking at a refund (at least partial) and potentially a free taxi for the last leg if it was the last train of the night.

I get fed up of driving at times. Done it long enough and after a long day (or longer) working in another part of the country, the last thing I want to do is drive home.