North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 7:21 am)Jimmi I will probably take a failsafe shot at Metrocentre Bus Station but I have thought of an idea or two for other spots as well, nothing too drastic but still something different to MetroCentre Bus Station and Gateshead Interchange which of course, everyone has done to death already, so I feel I should do something slightly different.

My thing is, when possible I do like to take photos in different spots, not necessarily scenic locations but just somewhere that isn't photographed as often.
It doesn't look the best day to be taking pics today, to be honest. Really dark with some bursts of light. Don't spend all day trying, you may get rained upon!
There's also quite a lot of mercs going about. If I see a new'n, I'll let you know. No idea how the boards work around these necks of the wood though 😛
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Jan 2017

(30 Jan 2017, 8:38 am)Jamie M It doesn't look the best day to be taking pics today, to be honest. Really dark with some bursts of light. Don't spend all day trying, you may get rained upon!

It looks like it's going to be dry but rather cloudy and dull, unfortunately this causes problems for me as I ain't the best with ISO's and shutter speeds for moving stuff in these conditions and annoyingly I can't use sports mode to get round this as the Hanover screens won't come out clear. Hoping things improve before I get over that way.

My current annoyance is being unable to connect to the WiFi on Sapphire 7 - 1515 / NL63VRK due to a "bad gateway" let's see how long it is until Arriva sort this out, also mentioned them fantastic plug sockets as well... Again!

(30 Jan 2017, 8:46 am)Jimmi It looks like it's going to be dry but rather cloudy and dull, unfortunately this causes problems for me as I ain't the best with ISO's and shutter speeds for moving stuff in these conditions and annoyingly I can't use sports mode to get round this as the Hanover screens won't come out clear. Hoping things improve before I get over that way.

My current annoyance is being unable to connect to the WiFi on Sapphire 7 - 1515 / NL63VRK due to a "bad gateway" let's see how long it is until Arriva sort this out, also mentioned them fantastic plug sockets as well... Again!
You'll not want to have the bus going any speed because a slower shutter speed will allow more light. High ISO makes pictures grainy as out, so you'll want to have the shutter speed like 1/10-1/15 with ISO around 200-400? Obviously with slower shutter, it'll blur easily so it can't be moving. Dull/dark, you'll be aiming at still shots, so you'll be wanting to be getting those backup bus station shots first before venturing out is my advice.

(30 Jan 2017, 9:11 am)Jamie M You'll not want to have the bus going any speed because a slower shutter speed will allow more light. High ISO makes pictures grainy as out, so you'll want to have the shutter speed like 1/10-1/15 with ISO around 200-400? Obviously with slower shutter, it'll blur easily so it can't be moving. Dull/dark, you'll be aiming at still shots, so you'll be wanting to be getting those backup bus station shots first before venturing out is my advice.

Sun is out in Durham now, so that may help me, hoping it stays out especially this afternoon when I'm getting photos of the Stagecoach X24.

One issue I have with low shutter speeds is the fact that I don't have a steady hand, so my hands are usually shaking (especially atm with the cold temperatures) which of course means the images usually turn out bad.

(30 Jan 2017, 9:48 am)Jimmi Sun is out in Durham now, so that may help me, hoping it stays out especially this afternoon when I'm getting photos of the Stagecoach X24.

One issue I have with low shutter speeds is the fact that I don't have a steady hand, so my hands are usually shaking (especially atm with the cold temperatures) which of course means the images usually turn out bad.

When it's only that low, it wont blur with your hand, just if there's movement of what you're taking pictures of. I go flying around at night in -3 temperatures shivering like hell and they don't blur unless I'm zoomed in.

It's barely sunny up here like. You may get lucky though.

(30 Jan 2017, 9:57 am)Jamie M When it's only that low, it wont blur with your hand, just if there's movement of what you're taking pictures of. I go flying around at night in -3 temperatures shivering like hell and they don't blur unless I'm zoomed in.

It's barely sunny up here like. You may get lucky though.

(30 Jan 2017, 9:48 am)Jimmi Sun is out in Durham now, so that may help me, hoping it stays out especially this afternoon when I'm getting photos of the Stagecoach X24.

You'll be alright now, Matthew!
Bright as out with tonnes of blue sky [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

(30 Jan 2017, 10:19 am)Jamie M You'll be alright now, Matthew!
Bright as out with tonnes of blue sky [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Irritating thing with the light is, I had to get myself in a spot for a photo but I could only get it going one way, so I gambled on my scenic shot of the buses heading towards Winlaton and sure enough both of them were heading to Gateshead, so that's an hour wasted, 5455 is due to pass me within the next 15 minutes, so now just have to hope I don't screw it up and hope pedestrians stay out of my way!

(30 Jan 2017, 11:20 am)Jimmi Irritating thing with the light is, I had to get myself in a spot for a photo but I could only get it going one way, so I gambled on my scenic shot of the buses heading towards Winlaton and sure enough both of them were heading to Gateshead, so that's an hour wasted, 5455 is due to pass me within the next 15 minutes, so now just have to hope I don't screw it up and hope pedestrians stay out of my way!
Aww, hope you're still hanging around the 49 route. I was going to try and make a surprise to your flickr by appearing as an obnoxious pedestrian myself. May still have time [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

(30 Jan 2017, 11:58 am)Jamie M Aww, hope you're still hanging around the 49 route. I was going to try and make a surprise to your flickr by appearing as an obnoxious pedestrian myself. May still have time [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Somebody beat you to it I'm afraid and the sun went in 4 minutes before hand but managed a shot in the end.

Now heading over to Gateshead for the X24 and hoping this is just a shower and not full on rain.

(30 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm)Jimmi Somebody beat you to it I'm afraid and the sun went in 4 minutes before hand but managed a shot in the end.

Now heading over to Gateshead for the X24 and hoping this is just a shower and not full on rain.
You've not escaped me yet, then!

(30 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm)Jamie M You've not escaped me yet, then!

You going over to Sunderland like? That's the only place you'll catch me for the rest of today

Sadly Nexus ruined my photo of the X24 in Gateshead Interchange with their no photography policy.

(30 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm)Jamie M You've not escaped me yet, then!

I got pictures of a new 49 and the X24 gone 5 minutes ago, but I haven't managed to feature in anyone else's photography.

What a shame!

(30 Jan 2017, 12:44 pm)Jimmi You going over to Sunderland like? That's the only place you'll catch me for the rest of today

Sadly Nexus ruined my photo of the X24 in Gateshead Interchange with their no photography policy.

Are you sure? There was an FOI made a bit ago. I'm not gonna let those guys stop me haha.

The X24 also stops on the high street mate, not interchange. Runs past trinity square. Maybe you knew that but they can't stop you there either way!

Maybe I'll head over to Sunderland in a bit... you never know!

(30 Jan 2017, 12:51 pm)Jamie M I got pictures of a new 49 and the X24 gone 5 minutes ago, but I haven't managed to feature in anyone else's photography.

What a shame!

Are you sure? There was an FOI made a bit ago. I'm not gonna let those guys stop me haha.

The X24 also stops on the high street mate, not interchange. Runs past trinity square. Maybe you knew that but they can't stop you there either way!

Maybe I'll head over to Sunderland in a bit... you never know!

It's stopping in the Interchange atm on Sunderland bound journeys as the High Street is still shut that way.

(30 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm)Jimmi It's stopping in the Interchange atm on Sunderland bound journeys as the High Street is still shut that way.
Oh aye, prefer the Newcastle way though as it doesn't say 'Sunderland', but rather 'Newcastle' 😛

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 03 Feb 2017

We quite often have posts on here about the theft of photos, or the re-use of other people's photos, without crediting the source/owner of the work. Rightfully so. People are kind enough to share their great photos with us, and the least we can do is give them credit or provide a link back to their portfolio/website. I understand that with some historic photographs, it can become blurred who to credit or whatnot, but most people are thankfully decent enough to credit people with a reasonable claim to the work.

So with all that being said, why aren't we as passionate the same scenario, but with information rather than photos? If I were to share information from the BBC News website, I may paste an extract from it within a quote on my post, but I'd always provide a full link to the article. It seems reasonable and the right thing to do, as a journalist has had to work to provide that information.

Is it seen as a lesser issue because of the perceived effort required to provide the content?

Discuss.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 04 Feb 2017

(03 Feb 2017, 8:18 pm)Adrian We quite often have posts on here about the theft of photos, or the re-use of other people's photos, without crediting the source/owner of the work. Rightfully so. People are kind enough to share their great photos with us, and the least we can do is give them credit or provide a link back to their portfolio/website. I understand that with some historic photographs, it can become blurred who to credit or whatnot, but most people are thankfully decent enough to credit people with a reasonable claim to the work.

So with all that being said, why aren't we as passionate the same scenario, but with information rather than photos? If I were to share information from the BBC News website, I may paste an extract from it within a quote on my post, but I'd always provide a full link to the article. It seems reasonable and the right thing to do, as a journalist has had to work to provide that information.

Is it seen as a lesser issue because of the perceived effort required to provide the content?

Discuss.

Is there any specific examples or scenarios you can share?

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Feb 2017

Trying to get from one end of Cambridge to the other to catch a train should be a challenge on a game show, barely managed with getting stuck behind people walking really slow and stopping for no reason, if I didn't run down bus lanes to get past people, I probably wouldn't have made the train. It's worn me out and made me stressed and tired which is a shame as I have been in a good mood the last few days and that's probably gone again now

Also the half hour I spent taking photos at one point along the busway was a waste of time.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 10:26 am)Andreos1 Is there any specific examples or scenarios you can share?

Just an observation. I was curious as to what peoples thoughts were on it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 6:46 pm)Adrian Just an observation. I was curious as to what peoples thoughts were on it.

I'm struggling to think of examples or put it in to context.

I wonder if people recognise ownership of a photo because of peer comments? Maybe even due to a photo of theirs being used without permission.

It goes without saying, that few (if any members - if you are referring to the forum) have had text stolen, so may not have a similar mindset.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 04 Feb 2017

My Job working with children sometimes is very stressful.