North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 11 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 8:42 pm)Jimmi Dare I add that I went into the Metrocentre one later in the day and got stuck behind a woman in the self service till queue and when a till became free, she didn't move and remained there until a member of staff shouted that there was now two tills open.

Sounds like absolute chaos Jimmi. Chaos.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 11 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 8:42 pm)Jimmi Dare I add that I went into the Metrocentre one later in the day and got stuck behind a woman in the self service till queue and when a till became free, she didn't move and remained there until a member of staff shouted that there was now two tills open.

To be fair, the shop-assistant should have probably notified the woman standing in front of you that a till had become free. On quite few occasions, perhaps because of my impatience, I have went up to a till when it has been busy only to find it is non-operational. Perhaps the woman in front has experienced something similar in the past and now waits to be called instead of risking embarrassment?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 11:09 pm)MurdnunoC To be fair, the shop-assistant should have probably notified the woman standing in front of you that a till had become free. On quite few occasions, perhaps because of my impatience, I have went up to a till when it has been busy only to find it is non-operational. Perhaps the woman in front has experienced something similar in the past and now waits to be called instead of risking embarrassment?

Think the shop-assistant was busy with another customer at the point the first one became available. I suppose the embarrassment thing could be a factor but I think we've all been subjected to this embarrassment at least once. It's happened in Tesco a few times, been about 6 tills when this has happened though. Think she just didn't see the available till.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 12 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 11:17 pm)Jimmi Think the shop-assistant was busy with another customer at the point the first one became available. I suppose the embarrassment thing could be a factor but I think we've all been subjected to this embarrassment at least once. It's happened in Tesco a few times, been about 6 tills when this has happened though. Think she just didn't see the available till.

Maybe you should just go to Greggs...

Charles

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 13 Feb 2017

Go all the way to Bishop Auckland from Prudhoe to get photos of the Weardale and Scarlet Band demos and none of them show up, that was a waste of a trip.

EDIT: Managed to get GNE 6146 at least which I have been after so wasn't a complete waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 13 Feb 2017

(13 Feb 2017, 2:45 pm)TEN 6083 Go all the way to Bishop Auckland from Prudhoe to get photos of the Weardale and Scarlet Band demos and none of them show up, that was a waste of a trip.

EDIT: Managed to get GNE 6146 at least which I have been after so wasn't a complete waste of time.

Just out of curiosity, what time did you arrive and leave Bishop Auckland? Just as a full round trip on the Weardale 101 is around 2 hours, the demonstrators have always been allocated to the odd hour departures from Bishop Auckland Bus Station heading towards Stanhope, so if it was out today on 101 it will mostly likely have left at 13:00 then 15:15. Mind on Saturday it was on the X21 with no destinations programmed in and no ticket machine.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 13 Feb 2017

Was gonna go this morning but didn't get till this afternoon at about half one was there till 3. Not that familiar with services there as well as the local area so wasn't sure where else to try and see them at as was going by bus plus car parked at Durham Park & Ride so didn't want to be back too late as it's only open till 7.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 14 Feb 2017

I will be annoyed all day today because it's Valentines day. I dislike valentines day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Feb 2017

(14 Feb 2017, 12:47 am)Rapidsnap I will be annoyed all day today because it's Valentines day. I dislike valentines day.
Today is just what I need, a day of people showing their love (or whatever emotions) for people whilst I will continue to feel lonely and that very few people couldn't care any less about me.

*sorry for putting a dampener on things.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 14 Feb 2017

(14 Feb 2017, 8:52 am)Jimmi Today is just what I need, a day of people showing their love (or whatever emotions) for people whilst I will continue to feel lonely and that very few people couldn't care any less about me.

*sorry for putting a dampener on things.
You're representing a lot of people there haha, cough cough.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - L469 YVK - 14 Feb 2017

Top Ten At Ten being scrapped on Metro Radio Sad

FYI, was an 80s, 90s flashback with Brian Moore at 10am everyday!

Well, back to Heart Radio it is then!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 14 Feb 2017

Full of cold   Angry Angry Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 15 Feb 2017

(14 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm)L469 YVK Top Ten At Ten being scrapped on Metro Radio Sad

FYI, was an 80s, 90s flashback with Brian Moore at 10am everyday!

Well, back to Heart Radio it is then!

It's on Metro 2 Radio or whatever it's called these days. 

Cue SouthTyneLad saying I listen to crap.  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Feb 2017

Don't worry, I spent V day on my own with only a bottle of ale for company. Husband was 90 miles away, having been working with the highways agency, or whatever they're called now, stuffing his face with a V day set menu which could only have been designed to leave couples feeling too stuffed to do anything but sleep it off!

At least he gets to come home, tonight. Littleun is missing him. And the car.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 15 Feb 2017

(15 Feb 2017, 4:40 pm)BusLoverMum Don't worry, I spent V day on my own with only a bottle of ale for company. Husband was 90 miles away, having been working with the highways agency, or whatever they're called now, stuffing his face with a V day set menu which could only have been designed to leave couples feeling too stuffed to do anything but sleep it off!

At least he gets to come home, tonight. Littleun is missing him. And the car.

Which one is little'un missing the most thou, dad or the car, bet it is the latter  Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Feb 2017

(15 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm)citaro5284 Which one is little'un missing the most thou, dad or the car, bet it is the latter  Smile

He optimistically put his shoes on and turned the lights out, hoping it would appear so he could go out, after tea, yesterday.

While I'm busy being annoyed, they've started making preparations to demolish the house at the end of our terrace, today, as, clearly, planning permission went through at yesterday's meeting. If they're this keen, then I hope they all have it done and tidy by the time we need to sell this house in the summer.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 17 Feb 2017

It was recycling day today, I brought the blue bin back into the garden afterwards but I've only just thought about the green box and it's not outside the garage and it's not in the garden, so I don't know where it is, so if it did go out, it's probably going to be my fault it's not there although it was probably: not put out, someone's nicked it or the bin men have dumped it somewhere completely that's nowhere near the house... Again!

The other week I brought someone else's bin in!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 17 Feb 2017

The Last Leg...

Once again, it's all about Trump... Turned it off... Is there no other news?

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 18 Feb 2017

Plan some scenic shots in Seaham for the Wear Xpress Solo SR's only for 4989 to turn up instead. Shame but just one of those things that happens.

It's also annoying that the X6/X7 is limited stop through Seaham which makes photo locations so much harder, it's a case of get off the X21, get the photo of the X6/X7 then either wait about 45 minutes for the next X21, hope and pray that the 238 is late or face a long walk back into Seaham itself or a even longer walk to Ryhope.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 18 Feb 2017

(17 Feb 2017, 10:39 pm)Michael The Last Leg...

Once again, it's all about Trump... Turned it off... Is there no other news?

All other news is fake and full of alternative facts Rolleyes