North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 04 Apr 2017

Some idiot in my year at school spotted me with my camera yesterday...

I don't have a problem if anyone I know sees me, it's when they think my camera bag is a handbag!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 04 Apr 2017

(04 Apr 2017, 7:50 pm)EL1TE Some idiot in my year at school spotted me with my camera yesterday...

I don't have a problem if anyone I know sees me, it's when they think my camera bag is a handbag!

Their insults have gotten better over the years then! I had a pretty poor experience with students and teachers, even though I managed to get the grades I wanted at the end of play.

I went to pastoral many times for various things and all they wanted to do was check people's phones when it was nothing to do with those things. Useless in my opinion, you just have to toughen it out. It's a high school/secondary school, no matter how much reputation, faith or lectures they wish to offer students, it won't detract from the typical patheticness of the attitude of most kids. It doesn't really ever stop beyond into further education or above, but it starts developing into jokes and winding up instead of bullying and taunting as everyone progresses. Take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll be fine. It's when you take things to heart that things start going downhill.

(04 Apr 2017, 7:59 pm)Jamie M Their insults have gotten better over the years then! I had a pretty poor experience with students and teachers, even though I managed to get the grades I wanted at the end of play.

I went to pastoral many times for various things and all they wanted to do was check people's phones when it was nothing to do with those things. Useless in my opinion, you just have to toughen it out. It's a high school/secondary school, no matter how much reputation, faith or lectures they wish to offer students, it won't detract from the typical patheticness of the attitude of most kids. It doesn't really ever stop beyond into further education or above, but it starts developing into jokes and winding up instead of bullying and taunting as everyone progresses. Take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll be fine. It's when you take things to heart that things start going downhill.

I ended up threatening him (rather extremely if I must be honest) as it got to the point when he was making me really angry... that made him disappear in the end. Luckily I hide a really bad temper which, sure enough, makes people leave me alone eventually...

(04 Apr 2017, 8:11 pm)EL1TE I ended up threatening him (rather extremely if I must be honest) as it got to the point when he was making me really angry... that made him disappear in the end. Luckily I hide a really bad temper which, sure enough, makes people leave me alone eventually...
They are only looking for a reaction, so don't give one!

(04 Apr 2017, 8:16 pm)Jamie M They are only looking for a reaction, so don't give one!

A bunch of his friends came up to me at lunch (luckily they don't know about the 'handbag' incident) and started saying bs to me... I did nothing but stare at them, like I usually do..

(04 Apr 2017, 8:18 pm)EL1TE A bunch of his friends came up to me at lunch (luckily they don't know about the 'handbag' incident) and started saying bs to me... I did nothing but stare at them, like I usually do..

Even anger is good enough to start it. It's really hard to give away nothing, but it's a great skill when you can do it like. People say stuff to you and you don't care enough to even mention you don't care about their word. Especially in a school like yours, the kids are absolutely harmless and all that can be done is an exchange of words.

I'm always amused by how similar your experience seems to be to mine. Not amused with the event's content, but I always seemed to be on the end of something as you report. Retrospectively, its highly insignificant. I'm only in touch with 2 people from the entire school and I happily continue.

Not at all accusing you, but make sure you do not fall for their game and take anything at all to heart. Get in a mindset that you'll be able to look back on positively. I really don't look positively on my past because I let it get to me and it grinded me down to my lowest point. All good now, but it's just silly to worry about things which really bare no outcome on you or your future.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Apr 2017

(04 Apr 2017, 7:50 pm)EL1TE Some idiot in my year at school spotted me with my camera yesterday...

When I was in around year 9? I had that directed at me when I got a new school bag, needless to say, that bag got used for a few days before reverting back to the previous bag (backpack) as I got fed up with the abuse my friends directed at me. I didn't take stuff like that well back then tbh.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Apr 2017

It's a man bag. Perfectly normal.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Apr 2017

Is there a part of the Sapphire 7 route that doesn't have roadworks on it?

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Apr 2017

People attempting to queue jump, had a few try this with me recently, wouldn't care but today I was in Savers getting a drink, was hardly doing me weekly shop and had one try and pass me getting on the X66 in Darlington Town Centre the other Sunday, again what difference was being in front of me going to make considering that there was only two other passengers boarding in front of me on a 43 seater MAN EcoCity, hardly short on seats in this instance.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 05 Apr 2017

Husband is full of cold and eating peanuts while wearing headphones.

The noise is excruciating. I may have to murder him.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 05 Apr 2017

(05 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm)BusLoverMum Husband is full of cold and eating peanuts while wearing headphones.

I'm full of cold and eating Doritos crisps while wearing headphones.
I feel good.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Apr 2017

(05 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm)BusLoverMum Husband is full of cold and eating peanuts while wearing headphones.

I've had cold again the last few days which hasn't been fun,especially the headaches.

Think the noise from eating peanuts and if the headphones can be heard, I would probably be going up the walls too.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 05 Apr 2017

(05 Apr 2017, 11:48 am)Jimmi Is there a part of the Sapphire 7 route that doesn't have roadworks on it?

Sounds like the X34 a couple of weeks ago

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 06 Apr 2017

(05 Apr 2017, 3:05 pm)Jimmi I've had cold again the last few days which hasn't been fun,especially the headaches.

Think the noise from eating peanuts and if the headphones can be heard, I would probably be going up the walls too.

I couldn't even hear his headphones. The problems was, he couldn't hear his own eating noises!

I struggle greatly with eating noises. They give me the rage. Even my own, sometimes!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 06 Apr 2017

(06 Apr 2017, 10:35 am)BusLoverMum I couldn't even hear his headphones. The problems was, he couldn't hear his own eating noises!

I struggle greatly with eating noises. They give me the rage. Even my own, sometimes!
*continues to crunch on doritos*

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 06 Apr 2017

(06 Apr 2017, 10:38 am)Jamie M *continues to crunch on doritos*

Don't get me started on the smell of those things.

(I'd best keep quiet about the fish curry I'm eating)

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Apr 2017

I'll be the first to say it today... Window closing pensioner's

Feel like I'm being cooked in an oven.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 08 Apr 2017

Go to Beamish to get some photos of buses coming out and there's queues of traffic so had nowhere to park then come up to Stanley to get some bus photos and realise have left the memory card in my iMac at home

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm)TEN 6083 Go to Beamish to get some photos of buses coming out and there's queues of traffic so had nowhere to park then come up to Stanley to get some bus photos and realise have left the memory card in my iMac at home

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Not a good day then  Big Grin