North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 06 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 10:55 pm)GMitchelhill Customer lost all their money on the gaming machine and became very abusive towards me. In the end I barred him from the shop. Rest of the customers were impressed that I wasn't putting up in any grief from the idiot.

Aye there is no need for it.  There is some reet tossers out there (and even some in the companies we work in as well)  - you know who you are  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 07 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 11:00 pm)Michael Oh dear, its his own fault, was he a regular to the shop?

He was a regular lol

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 07 Nov 2015

This weather...I was hoping to go on a spotting trip to County Durham today. No chance of that now.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 10:10 am)Charles41 This weather...I was hoping to go on a spotting trip to County Durham today. No chance of that now.

Charles

Aye, it's dire. No point even taking the scenic route to anywhere because you can't see it through the condensation!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 10:10 am)Charles41 This weather...I was hoping to go on a spotting trip to County Durham today. No chance of that now.

Charles
Tell me about it. I'm in the X9 to Middlesbrough and I can't see a thing.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 10:20 am)Davie Tell me about it. I'm in the X9 to Middlesbrough and I can't see a thing.
I wouldn't care about that on the X9 as the "scenery" on the A19 is rather boring I feel.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 11:29 am)Jimmi I wouldn't care about that on the X9 as the "scenery" on the A19 is rather boring I feel.

I still like to see what's gannin on mind...

(07 Nov 2015, 11:30 am)Dan I still like to see what's gannin on mind...
Me too, Dan. I love being nosey

(07 Nov 2015, 11:30 am)Dan I still like to see what's gannin on mind...
In fairness I nearly always wipe the windows so I can see, although on the X9 I spend most of the journey abusing the free WiFi on offer, often use it to check what's happening on Flickr which is normally nothing.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 11:32 am)Davie Me too, Dan. I love being noisey

you must be a good talker? Tongue

(07 Nov 2015, 11:36 am)S813 FVK you must be a good talker?
I meant nosey

Charles
I'll normally still go out in weather like today (although I ain't today as I was out yesterday and may be out tomorrow) although when I do go out in weather like this I don't take much in the way of photos and normally tend to just hop from bus to bus.

If you think a journey in the rain today is bad, be thankful this didn't happen to you: one morning when I was trying to get to college it was absolutely lashing it down and the journey as far as Ferryhill was normal enough but once we got out of Ferryhill we got stuck in horrendous traffic and we were barely moving and I was hoping it would stop once we got to Thinford Roundabout but it kept on going and then we got to the roundabout where the Coach and Horses pub is and the road was closed so we had to turn back round and head back towards Thinford Roundabout and it was around 09:10 by the time we got back to Thinford and all the passengers were sick so some decided that they didn't want to carry on anymore as the bus had to head towards Bowburn to reach Durham and after spending an hour and a half being crammed in on one of them X---GGO Darts which I "loved" so much and it would probably take at least another hour to get to college so at Thinford I bailed. I decided to walk to Ferryhill Market Place to increase my chances of getting home and annoyingly walked past the stop before Ferryhill Market Place and a Darlington bound 7 flew past me. So I got to Ferryhill Market Place and I saw the 35 heading to Bishop Auckland which interworked with service 5/5A so because it would be goodness knows how long until the next 7 would appear I opted for this lengthy detour home, I thought I was going to get kicked off in Bishop Auckland due to a damaged exterior panel but thankfully it continued in service to Darlington and I was able to get home at around 11am having left the house at around 07:25.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 07 Nov 2015

The rain and the fact that I've got to watch Steven Moffat's finest later with my little brother.

Having to make an unplanned trip to the Metrocentre with its tropical heating levels in order to purchase something acceptable to Big'un for his lunch because Newcastle M&S was closed due to a power failure.

Probably not as annoyed as they were mind. Staff having to man the doors with big notices written out for prospective shoppers, all the while losing those all important pre-Christmas sales.

(Waitrose weren't complaining!)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 8:04 pm)BusLoverMum Having to make an unplanned trip to the Metrocentre with its tropical heating levels in order to purchase something acceptable to Big'un for his lunch because Newcastle M&S was closed due to a power failure.

Probably not as annoyed as they were mind. Staff having to man the doors with big notices written out for prospective shoppers, all the while losing those all important pre-Christmas sales.

I bet they weren't....

Can I ask....how old is big'un and little'un?  Big Grin

(07 Nov 2015, 8:07 pm)citaro5284 I bet they weren't....

Can I ask....how old is big'un and little'un?  Big Grin

Big'un is 12 in a few weeks and littl'un is increasingly un-little at 9!

I might let Big'un loose on here, at some point. Be gentle though, because he asks blinking annoying questions Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 8:10 pm)BusLoverMum Big'un is 12 in a few weeks and littl'un is increasingly un-little at 9!

I might let Big'un loose on here, at some point. Be gentle though, because he asks blinking annoying questions Tongue

We are used to that.....we have Marcus and Michael

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm)citaro5284 We are used to that.....we have Marcus and Michael

And the ones in the Stagecoach thread asking repetitive questions.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 8:04 pm)BusLoverMum Having to make an unplanned trip to the Metrocentre with its tropical heating levels in order to purchase something acceptable to Big'un for his lunch because Newcastle M&S was closed due to a power failure.

My mam would be livid. If we use the X20 into Newcastle, she'll always miss the bus by shopping in there. 

I can't stand either Marks and Sparks, MC is too crowded and NCL is miserable.

Know what you mean about the tropical temperatures in the Metrocentre, I went on Tuesday in a thick Parka which was lovely when I was out getting night shots but in the Metro I thought I was going to pass out from the heat.

Now in Christmas shopping hell time where I have to get Christmas presents for people by heading to crowded shopping centres with Eldon Square being the worst for crowds in my opinion.