North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ianthegoon - 04 Dec 2019

Michael Website keeps going off... annoying
It seems to have been down more often than it's been available over the last couple of days - what on earth's going on with it?

I'm missing my regular dose of News from the North East!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - streetdeckfan - 04 Dec 2019

(04 Dec 2019, 11:18 am)Ianthegoon It seems to have been down more often than it's been available over the last couple of days - what on earth's going on with it?

I'm missing my regular dose of News from the North East!

I think someone hasn't been paying the bills!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - OrangeArrow49 - 04 Dec 2019

Resource Limit Reached, today and the past few days. Really annoying.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - streetdeckfan - 04 Dec 2019

Seems to be back up and running fine now (although I still can't upload attachments!)

I also kept getting MySql errors, so I'm guessing the database was too large for the host

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2019

Seeing as there isn't a 'what made you feel sick to the pit of your stomach' thread... This one will have to do.

The election result. 

Awful. Horrendous. People believed the lies.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 13 Dec 2019

(13 Dec 2019, 7:50 am)Andreos1 Seeing as there isn't a 'what made you feel sick to the pit of your stomach' thread... This one will have to do.

The election result. 

Awful. Horrendous. People believed the lies.

Well people didn't believe in the lies by Corbyn either... so it works both ways.

Its happened, lets get on with Brexit.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 13 Dec 2019

(13 Dec 2019, 1:06 pm)Michael Well people didn't believe in the lies by Corbyn either... so it works both ways.

Its happened, lets get on with Brexit.
I don't believe that anything has changed. It's still a parliamentary deadlock over what to do with brexit.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rob44 - 13 Dec 2019

Can I just ask what lies Corbyn told?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 13 Dec 2019

(13 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm)Rob44 Can I just ask what lies Corbyn told?

All this money available to privatise everything, such as the royal mail, railways etc, all under 25 years free bus travel, would of cost trillions.... where was this coming from?

Same as every other party, all had lies... Tory's won, we get on with life, no point in the constant moaning, its not gonna to change the outcome......n

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2019

(13 Dec 2019, 4:05 pm)Michael All this money available to privatise everything, such as the royal mail, railways etc, all under 25 years free bus travel, would of cost trillions.... where was this coming from?

Same as every other party, all had lies... Tory's won, we get on with life, no point in the constant moaning, its not gonna to change the outcome......n

Didnt bring Labour up specifically, but like Rob44, keen to know what lies they told.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 13 Dec 2019

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1205588876259188737?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rob44 - 14 Dec 2019

I don't think the labour party want to privatise anything Michael.... so that a lie LOL. And to be fair it been proven that all this was costed and although I do think they promised to much to soon.

I'm still waiting for an example of a lie you talk about though???

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 9:01 am)Rob44 I don't think the labour party want to privatise anything Michael.... so that a lie LOL. And to be fair it been proven that all this was costed and  although I do think they promised to much to soon.

I'm still waiting for an example of a lie you talk about though???

They did say they want to put the royal mail, railways back in to their hands though.... sure i read it somewhere....

Tories lie about everything....

Lib dems - ha

Green and Brexit party are jokes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 9:12 am)Michael They did say they want to put the royal mail, railways back in to their hands though.... sure i read it somewhere....

Tories lie about everything....

Lib dems - ha

Green and Brexit party are jokes.

Don't you mean nationalise everything I fully on board with a nationalized railway system its peformance is crap in private sector

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 9:20 am)Ds1197 Don't you mean nationalise everything I fully on board with a nationalized railway system its peformance is crap in private sector

What do you quantify as crap?

Quite a large number of delays are due to infrastructure issues (signal failures, broken rails, tresspass incidents) which are all the responsibility of Network Rail which is an arms length public body of the Department of Transport.

People have complained about the seating in the new train stock (700's, 800's) - I understand the specification of these trains had not that great deal to do with the TOC but the Department of Transport.

Whilst some issues are down to things like Train Crew issues and TOC's not having enough, I cannot see putting these back into national ownership will fix that problem - just look at Metro, it is now back in Nexus hands rather than DB Regio, and there has been train cancellations due to staff shortages on there.

People complain about fares, and yes Peak fares in and out of London could be classed as pricey, just looking on LNER website, I can get to London on the 0827 from Newcastle for £49 currently on 7th January - which for the 268 mile journey works out at 18p per mile, so not too shabby.  So would putting the railways back change the fare structures to abolish the peak fares - somehow I dont think so.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 10:43 am)citaro5284 What do you quantify as crap?

Quite a large number of delays are due to infrastructure issues (signal failures, broken rails, tresspass incidents) which are all the responsibility of Network Rail which is an arms length public body of the Department of Transport.

People have complained about the seating in the new train stock (700's, 800's) - I understand the specification of these trains had not that great deal to do with the TOC but the Department of Transport.

Whilst some issues are down to things like Train Crew issues and TOC's not having enough, I cannot see putting these back into national ownership will fix that problem - just look at Metro, it is now back in Nexus hands rather than DB Regio, and there has been train cancellations due to staff shortages on there.

People complain about fares, and yes Peak fares in and out of London could be classed as pricey, just looking on LNER website, I can get to London on the 0827 from Newcastle for £49 currently on 7th January - which for the 268 mile journey works out at 18p per mile, so not too shabby.  So would putting the railways back change the fare structures to abolish the peak fares - somehow I dont think so.

More about having to 15-20 quid for trains on the last legs.

And I'm sure most people to use the metro it is managed a lot better under nexus than DB Regio if the service is off nexus can get alternative transport in about 30 minutes to hour, 2-3 like DB Regio.

And say this a lot it's miracle the metro trains can manly still run since they past the life expectancy quite a few years ago

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 10:43 am)citaro5284 What do you quantify as crap?

People complain about fares, and yes Peak fares in and out of London could be classed as pricey, just looking on LNER website, I can get to London on the 0827 from Newcastle for £49 currently on 7th January - which for the 268 mile journey works out at 18p per mile, so not too shabby .  So would putting the railways back change the fare structures to abolish the peak fares - somehow I dont think so.

Not too bad at all from the DfT owned operator. Especially when you consider punters pay 30p per mile on the privately owned X1 bus service between Houghton and Newcastle. 
£4.60, approx 15 mile journey.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rob44 - 14 Dec 2019

The rail companies take millions ( billions) in had out to run the services from the taxpayer but then pay shareholders too? Surely we could cut out the middleman and nationalise the railways.

As for GNE and Arriva bus fares, especially singles!!!!!!!! GRRRR

What's annoying you today? V4 - cbma06 - 14 Dec 2019

(14 Dec 2019, 2:06 pm)Rob44 The rail companies take millions ( billions) in had out to run the services from the taxpayer but then pay shareholders too? Surely we could cut out the middleman and nationalise the railways.

As for GNE and Arriva bus fares, especially singles!!!!!!!! GRRRR

British Rail companies have been bought by foreign countries , all the customers who pay for train tickets are not been put back into the uk train services, instead thus money is being spent updating there own train services in there own countries, the money that these train operators get to update the train services in the uk is the handouts that there get from the uk government, every time the uk train companies get fined for being late etc... comes out from raising fares as the shareholders don’t pay for it, this is why fares are a lot higher than there supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 15 Dec 2019

DSLR lens is acting up, at least have my other one in for repairs at APM Cameras in Newcastle so hopefully it’ll be repaired by Tuesday so had to use my phone today for the Scania event as my lens has a faulty ribbon cable, was working fine yesterday when I went to York. Also unwell over the last few days so didn’t stay long at the Scania event.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk