North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm)GX03 SVC My mam would be livid. If we use the X20 into Newcastle, she'll always miss the bus by shopping in there. 

I can't stand either Marks and Sparks, MC is too crowded and NCL is miserable.

We have a nice little one at the Arnison Centre. Limited range of clothes and home stuff, but a nice big food hall, without space being taken up by poncy wine bars, tasting kitchens etc. We do at least half of our grocery shopping in there because I can get around it and out the door with a full trolley in 30 minutes flat.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 9:10 pm)Jimmi Know what you mean about the tropical temperatures in the Metrocentre, I went on Tuesday in a thick Parka which was lovely when I was out getting night shots but in the Metro I thought I was going to pass out from the heat.

Now in Christmas shopping hell time where I have to get Christmas presents for people by heading to crowded shopping centres with Eldon Square being the worst for crowds in my opinion.

Big'un finds crowds very difficult. He gets very disoriented. He also feels very invisible because people do treat him like he's not therer (I've stood back and watched, a few times). I suspect you probably have the same problem because you have similarly nervous body language and similar difficulties with eye contact. I'm the proud owner of a resting bitch face and when I'm hot and stressed, people do seem to get the hell out of my way!

The past couple of times I've been to the MC, I've only had a light rain jacket on - no padding at all and just a half sleeved top underneath. When I took the boys over half term, I was ready to have my own melt down - littl'un was refusing to hold hands, I was so hot I felt ill and big'un had taken off his coat, complete with pockets crammed full, and managed to empty it all out over the floor. Goodness, the RAGE! I was having to talk myself down before I exploded.

Actually, I spotted this advertised in the loos. Must fill it out! www.tellintu.co.uk

You might be able to take the stress out of hunting for presents by browsing online. Even if you don't buy online, it can help with inspiration and give you an idea what the best prices for things might be.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 08 Nov 2015

(07 Nov 2015, 11:54 pm)BusLoverMum Actually, I spotted this advertised in the loos. Must fill it out! www.tellintu.co.uk

I will happily tell intu about how miserable my trip to the toilets in Eldon Square was. Never have I walked through a more dark place than the entrance to Monument. 

Metro Centre is worse, the last time I went there were assets from shops being repossessed!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Simmy - 08 Nov 2015

Shaved the beard off as it was itchy as hell, moustache was still on point, got ID'd in every single bar/club in Bristol. Next time, I'll keep a beard for 3 months+. I have ID, its just that I feel about 12 when I am the only person in the group being ID;d Wink .

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Nov 2015

(08 Nov 2015, 12:52 am)GX03 SVC I will happily tell intu about how miserable my trip to the toilets in Eldon Square was. Never have I walked through a more dark place than the entrance to Monument. 

Metro Centre is worse, the last time I went there were assets from shops being repossessed!
Them toilets in Eldon Square are horrendous, there isn't enough of them and there is very little space to move in there which is probably why it seems to be full of perverts most of the time, on a fairly recent trip there a guy put his hand on my shoulder and I think some take advantage of the lack of space by internationally brushing past you.

The toilets behind the Gates shopping centre in Durham also often has pervs in there, went in there once and I'm sure some middle aged guy was looking down.

(08 Nov 2015, 9:49 am)Jimmi Them toilets in Eldon Square are horrendous, there isn't enough of them and there is very little space to move in there which is probably why it seems to be full of perverts most of the time, on a fairly recent trip there a guy put his hand on my shoulder and I think some take advantage of the lack of space by internationally brushing past you.

The toilets behind the Gates shopping centre in Durham also often has pervs in there, went in there once and I'm sure some middle aged guy was looking down.

I had to laugh at the leather sofas outside the toilets that said "make yourself comfy"! 

I hate that you have to go up ten bloody escalators, three flights of stairs after walking through and dodging all the shoppers and then try and squeeze through to the cubicle. 

Quite a lot of effort for something that I could do in 30 seconds where I am now.  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 08 Nov 2015

Thought I'd just drop in on the M&S discussion...

I cannot stand the shop!

Most of the time, it is full of toffee-nosed t*ats. Not saying that anyone on here is mind.

The people of Birtley are used to the Morrison's chavs. Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 08 Nov 2015

I had my phone on charge all night, and the battery life went from 24% to 28%.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 08 Nov 2015

(08 Nov 2015, 9:49 am)Jimmi Them toilets in Eldon Square are horrendous, there isn't enough of them and there is very little space to move in there which is probably why it seems to be full of perverts most of the time, on a fairly recent trip there a guy put his hand on my shoulder and I think some take advantage of the lack of space by internationally brushing past you.

And we all know what happened to Malarky in Eldon Square bogs.... Tongue
(08 Nov 2015, 10:21 am)LeeCalder Thought I'd just drop in on the M&S discussion...

I cannot stand the shop!

Most of the time, it is full of toffee-nosed t*ats. Not saying that anyone on here is mind.

The people of Birtley are used to the Morrison's chavs. Tongue

And Birtley chavs are used to a shit allocation on the 21.
(08 Nov 2015, 10:41 am)Davie I had my phone on charge all night, and the battery life went from 24% to 28%.

Is this your Argos Charger?

(08 Nov 2015, 11:01 am)DanPicken And we all know what happened to Malarky in Eldon Square bogs....

Aye, and yes I did have a plug.

(08 Nov 2015, 11:01 am)DanPicken And we all know what happened to Malarky in Eldon Square bogs.... Tongue

Yet another constructive post from DanPicken...! 

It's been an "Angel" liveried Gemini 1 or 2 almost every time I've seen and been on it.

.jpg
image.jpg
Size 341.92 KB / Downloads 27

Oh for gods sake.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BJ10VUS - 08 Nov 2015

(08 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm)GX03 SVC Yet another constructive post from DanPicken...! 

It's been an "Angel" liveried Gemini 1 or 2 almost every time I've seen and been on it.

I think because of branding, it's easier to notice. For example, with a Stagecoach service, you'd be much less likely to notice a single decker substituting for a double decker. Also, the Hybrids have very rarely been used on other services - perhaps a handful of times in their time at Go North East? I must agree with you also, because I've only ever managed to ride a Hybrid on the 21, and I'd rather something turned up than nothing.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 08 Nov 2015

(08 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm)GX03 SVC Yet another constructive post from DanPicken...! 

(08 Nov 2015, 7:25 pm)BJ10VUS I think because of branding, it's easier to notice. For example, with a Stagecoach service, you'd be much less likely to notice a single decker substituting for a double decker. Also, the Hybrids have very rarely been used on other services - perhaps a handful of times in their time at Go North East? I must agree with you also, because I've only ever managed to ride a Hybrid on the 21, and I'd rather something turned up than nothing.

Not sure what is up at the mo. For the last week, I have seen a red President more or less appearing daily on it.

Some have been reported by myself and others in the 'rare and odd workings' thread.

Whilst waiting for one, on the outskirts of Durham at an 'all services' stop, I observed something interesting with the passengers, an X12 and GNE services.
If I find a relevant thread, I will maybe mention the story in more detail there.

(08 Nov 2015, 7:25 pm)BJ10VUS I think because of branding, it's easier to notice. For example, with a Stagecoach service, you'd be much less likely to notice a single decker substituting for a double decker. Also, the Hybrids have very rarely been used on other services - perhaps a handful of times in their time at Go North East? I must agree with you also, because I've only ever managed to ride a Hybrid on the 21, and I'd rather something turned up than nothing.

Lucky you! I normally get everything but the Hybrids on the 21, I normally get a horrid rattling shed (Volvo B7TL / Plaxton President) and lets not forget the lack of free WiFi on offer although nearly every time I do get a Hybrid the WiFi often doesn't work. Today is the first time in goodness knows how long that I had a Hybrid with it being a Sunday of course although I noticed both 3962/3965 were out on the 21 for at least part of the day today (possibly due to delays with closures and diversions with Remembrance Sunday). Same applies with non MAX buses on the X12 although I'd rather have a 57 reg Lowlander then the usual VDL Gemini's.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 08 Nov 2015

You think you have problems Jimmi.....I cannot get my slices of bread into the toaster!!

(08 Nov 2015, 7:56 pm)citaro5284 You think you have problems Jimmi.....I cannot get my slices of bread into the toaster!!

Big Grin

That's some weird shaped bread...  Wink

(08 Nov 2015, 7:56 pm)citaro5284 You think you have problems Jimmi.....I cannot get my slices of bread into the toaster!!

Hey, I am not the top poster in this thread... yet.

Trying to limit my ramblings on here from now on.

(08 Nov 2015, 8:21 pm)Jimmi Hey, I am not the top poster in this thread... yet.

Trying to limit my ramblings on here from now on.

from V2/3/4...886 posts  Wink Tongue

The Flickr app is being a pain again!