North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 15 Nov 2015

Okay....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 16 Nov 2015

Just to make my mood incredibly bleaker, I have just tried to watch Family Guy on Youtube, but the [removed] video was dodgy. I am literally at boiling point here!

I was hoping to go out bus spotting today, but I knew I would only do it if I could borrow my mam's old Mobil phone, which is on 4% battery life.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 16 Nov 2015

David Cameron has said he wants to air strikes on Syria but can't because most of those so called MP's is rejecting the idea...............

Would be different if someone important died!

Or London was bloody attacked.... Hate goody two shoes...they need to out of their cotton wool and look at whats happening!!!!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 16 Nov 2015

(16 Nov 2015, 12:28 pm)Michael David Cameron has said he wants to air strikes on Syria but can't because most of those so called MP's is rejecting the idea...............

Or London was bloody attacked.... Hate goody two shoes...they need to out of their cotton wool and look at whats happening!!!!!!
I personally like the idea of having to get a mandate from Parliament for things like this, it means rash decisions can't be made, remember 2003, WMD and all that...

We are currently operating against IS in Iraq, I think the government should start to explore the possibility of extending strikes within Syrian Territory...

They are currently on the backfoot at the moment, losing territory all over the place, Sinjar, Kobane gone.

1 rash decision now would be a huge mistake

(16 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz I personally like the idea of having to get a mandate from Parliament for things like this, it means rash decisions can't be made, remember 2003, WMD and all that...

We are currently operating against IS in Iraq, I think the government should start to explore the possibility of extending strikes within Syrian Territory...

They are currently on the backfoot at the moment, losing territory all over the place, Sinjar, Kobane gone.

The thing is though Fozz... they've had loads of talks about it since it started to get bad, yes they're loosing places in Syria etc but doesn't stop them doing the same thing which has just happened in Paris, around Europe and even other area's in the world.... 

We have to be careful but i think they should decide soon and not later... when it happens again... as it will.

(16 Nov 2015, 12:54 pm)Michael The thing is though Fozz... they've had loads of talks about it since it started to get bad, yes they're loosing places in Syria etc but doesn't stop them doing the same thing which has just happened in Paris, around Europe and even other area's in the world.... 

We have to be careful but i think they should decide soon and not later... when it happens again... as it will.

It will happen again, I guarantee that.

I am  as upset and angry as you are mate, I personally think we should hit them with no mercy and I want IS dead as much as the majority of the world

What they did in Paris was shocking and the French have made a swift attack on IS, which I applaud them for and I would like to see the Russians step up there campaign a bit more, after there own tragedy in the Sinai a few weeks ago.

With us having differing opinions and I am sure the whole world has differing opinions, but that is what these people want, they want to divide us and we can't let them do that, no matter what happens we must all stand shoulder to shoulder with our Allies...United We Stand, Divided We Fall and all that. We can't let terrorists divide us, we cant be weakened

While I say they deserve no mercy whatsoever, it is a hard enemy to fight, there not in military uniforms and can easy blend in with Civilians...Same as the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and going back to The Troubles, The Pro-Republican Extremists in Northern Ireland.

I am all for trying to capture them alive and bring them to justice, just not here or USA, but get a UN Resolution to form an International Court along the lines of Nuremburg or ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia).

The problem there though is there not afraid of death and to capture them would be hard as they would not choose to be taking alive.

Air Strikes should always be an option, but lets not make the same mistakes of the past, beause this may well just beome this decades Iraq/Afghanistan

#nebhashtags
#jesuisparis

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 16 Nov 2015

(16 Nov 2015, 12:28 pm)Michael David Cameron has said he wants to air strikes on Syria but can't because most of those so called MP's is rejecting the idea...............

Damn that democracy.... It's quite right that the house should vote on Syria action.

I still don't agree it's a solution. Retaliating to someone that bombs your country, by bombing their country... it's just going to end up in an endless loop, until thousands of innocent lives are lost. We've already got Blair with blood on his hands, and we could well do without another PM in the same situation.

(16 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz I personally like the idea of having to get a mandate from Parliament for things like this, it means rash decisions can't be made, remember 2003, WMD and all that...

Yes - it's quite right that the elected house makes the decision. I may not agree with it, but at least it's a democratic decision.

(16 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm)Adrian Damn that democracy.... It's quite right that the house should vote on Syria action.

I still don't agree it's a solution. Retaliating to someone that bombs your country, by bombing their country... it's just going to end up in an endless loop, until thousands of innocent lives are lost. We've already got Blair with blood on his hands, and we could well do without another PM in the same situation.

So what should we do?

(16 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm)Michael So what should we do?

It's not up to me to come up with solutions, but I'm entitled to say what I don't agree with. In the interests of productively continuing the debate though, I'd suggest that we aim to resolve the conflict, without the use of heavy arms. We had over 10 years to resolve Iraq and Afghanistan, and the use of heavy arms and the military has massively failed us. We need to politically educate people, and defeat the propaganda that they're being fed.

(16 Nov 2015, 5:58 pm)Adrian It's not up to me to come up with solutions, but I'm entitled to say what I don't agree with. In the interests of productively continuing the debate though, I'd suggest that we aim to resolve the conflict, without the use of heavy arms. We had over 10 years to resolve Iraq and Afghanistan, and the use of heavy arms and the military has massively failed us. We need to politically educate people, and defeat the propaganda that they're being fed.

I didn't say u weren't.

Honestly though, how can we sort it - its not going to go away over night and the longer we wait, more might join ISIS and more attacks might occur...i don't think politically educating people will work to many brainwashed people in this country and the world. it doesn't help that people are scared they don't join ISIS, they'll be killed... which is happening.

Well... my mam bought me another new phone today because she knew the other one was crap (My dad's getting it), and this one is no better! I can't lock it (You have to swich it off), the storage on it is crap. Looks like my crappy past week or so will continue!

(16 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm)Davie Well... my mam bought me another new phone today because she knew the other one was crap (My dad's getting it), and this one is no better! I can't lock it (You have to swich it off), the storage on it is crap. Looks like my crappy past week or so will continue!
And I've downloaded the Facebook & messanger apps but the heap of garbadge won't let me sign into them!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 16 Nov 2015

Citaro won't talk about orders!

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 16 Nov 2015

The whole IS debate is going nowhere here...

I am angry myself about what is happening, I personally have no complaint about dropping bombs on them, I said as much all along, blast them to the medieval age they would like to live in for all I care but make rash decisions and we have Iraq/Afghan all over again.

With these people, it does not matter what you do to them, they are not frightened to die.

Could maybe start by shutting down Europe's borders, maybe even drop Schengen for a while and put up border posts, even if it is only temporary.

If there is a way to get these people into court, it has to be explored, but getting them there will not be easy

Francois Hollande has extended a State of Emergency to 3 months...

What exactly is a State of Emergency, and what is the difference from everyday life, is it Martial Law...I dont know enough about stuff like this to be honest

(16 Nov 2015, 9:06 pm)MrFozz Francois Hollande has extended a State of Emergency to 3 months...

What exactly is a State of Emergency, and what is the difference from everyday life, is it Martial Law...I dont know enough about stuff like this to be honest

Jesus, wonder if they've found something else, but it hasn't been reported yet.

(16 Nov 2015, 8:35 pm)NK53 TKT Citaro won't talk about orders!
You'll get used to it

(16 Nov 2015, 9:15 pm)Michael Jesus, wonder if they've found something else, but it hasn't been reported yet.

I reckon so. They've done 100 or so house raids, so they must have some decent intel on them.

(16 Nov 2015, 10:03 pm)Adrian I reckon so. They've done 100 or so house raids, so they must have some decent intel on them.

Hopefully they have.

Would hate it to happen again so close to Paris.