North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 05 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 7:34 pm)Davie We did make it there and back... only just, like. The trains were slightly delayed.

We did make it there and back... only just, like. The trains were slightly delayed.

Thats an understatement...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 05 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 7:45 pm)DanPicken Thats an understatement...
Just a minor one...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 05 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 7:41 pm)DanPicken Going I was planning to get the 06:30 Scotrail but when I arrived the 06:20 VTEC hadn't been so I waited and it left just under 40L, as I knew someone on the train and he was helping the guard clean the train, so I offered to do my coach. The reason there was rubbish everywhere was that it didn't arrive into Heaton until... 05:17 nearly if not over some 7 hours late, so it was refuelled and sent asap into Newcastle. When we got there me, Sean White and the train guard from Newcastle went to Wetherspoons and stayed the for 90 minutes as we found out 1S02 had got stuck at Haydon Bridge as the River Eden had burst its banks. When 1E06 arrived the train back to Newcastle we found out that our driver was stuck on 1S02, we waited and waited and eventually it was told to head North the 5 mins later 1S02 arrived over 2 hours late so 2 went North and we had to wait for a train West, we got 1E09, the 11:20ish out although it was 30L we got stuck as the River had burst yet again so a 45 minute wait was ahead before we moved off then after that it was ok back to Newcastle.

Hope you have submitted your delay repay mind!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 05 Dec 2015

My lack of self confidence is becoming quite apparent in recent days. It hasn't really effected me throughout my life, apart from in recent months, after I had a few arguments with different people.

What kind of tipped me over the edge slightly was the comments regarding the CityLink 57 on Go North East's Facebook page and the GNE Latest News thread. Yes, it probably is my fault for voicing my opinions so strongly, but because I was on the receiving end of an awful lot of criticism it's effected me quite a bit.

Maybe S813 FVK, Jimmi's, Dan's and Tommy's comments in the Go North East latest news thread are correct. Maybe some of the comments are "Disgusting really" however, it is my opinion, and yes I probably do go too far sometimes, but as I said on Facebook it does nothing to help me.

In the future, I will be keeping my opinions to myself, as I am causing more trouble than it's worth.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 05 Dec 2015

Some a**ehole is swearing his mouth off outside. I've never heard someone say the F-word more times than Gordon Ramsay...

Edit: now the muppet has headbutted a fence.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 05 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 11:48 pm)GX03 SVC Some a**ehole is swearing his mouth off outside. I've never heard someone say the F-word more times than Gordon Ramsay...

Edit: now the muppet has headbutted a fence.

Sounds like one for You've Been Framed Big Grin

Had a lovely old couple next door when I lived in a now flattened bit of Felling, but hell, they could fully decline and conjugate hte F-word Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 06 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 8:35 pm)Andreos1 Hope you have submitted your delay repay mind!

Of course 100% back for a return, do you get the amount of your ticket back or a free return if that makes sense.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 06 Dec 2015

(06 Dec 2015, 7:06 am)DanPicken Of course 100% back for a return, do you get the amount of your ticket back or a free return if that makes sense.

30 - 59 minute delay: 50% of the cost of return ticket, on the portion of the journey you were delayed.
60 - 119 minute delay: 100% of the cost of return ticket, on the portion of the journey you were delayed.
120+ minute delay: 100% of the cost of return ticket, in both ways.

You can either get the money back as a cheque, or get National Rail travel vouchers (which you'd have to redeem at a station).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 06 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 10:58 pm)LeeCalder My lack of self confidence is becoming quite apparent in recent days. It hasn't really effected me throughout my life, apart from in recent months, after I had a few arguments with different people.

What kind of tipped me over the edge slightly was the comments regarding the CityLink 57 on Go North East's Facebook page and the GNE Latest News thread. Yes, it probably is my fault for voicing my opinions so strongly, but because I was on the receiving end of an awful lot of criticism it's effected me quite a bit.

Maybe S813 FVK, Jimmi's, Dan's and Tommy's comments in the Go North East latest news thread are correct. Maybe some of the comments are "Disgusting really" however, it is my opinion, and yes I probably do go too far sometimes, but as I said on Facebook it does nothing to help me.

In the future, I will be keeping my opinions to myself, as I am causing more trouble than it's worth.

I think it's great that people have different opinions and debate their thoughts on a particular topic. After all, it wouldn't be very fun if everyone decided to 'sit on the fence'! However, if an opinion is not backed up by relevant points, it's meaningless. You shouldn't interpret a difference of opinion as an attack on yourself, and it really shouldn't affect your self-confidence.

With regards to the Citylink 57 - I just thought it was comical that you and Gary went onto Go North East's Social Media page to suggest that customers would be confused and that the company doesn't understand route branding. As Go North East stated: the buses are different colours, but the same name and elements of the branding being shared allows the company to cross-promote combined frequencies on the shared corridors of these two services. It also allows for customers to benefit from cheaper fares: the Citylink ticket is now valid on service 57, too. The buses may not be brand new, and they may be returning to the corridor for which they were originally purchased, but it's an upgrade nevertheless. Capacity has been (marginally) increased, and the seats are more comfortable too. I really can't see what there is to complain about from a customer point of view?

Gary stated that network-based branding doesn't work as well as individual route branding - where's the evidence of this?

One of you also said something about changing an established brand name... The late Managing Director Peter Huntley, whom you are both a huge advocate of, stated in the Buses Magazine that the company's brands have a five-year product life-cycle, with updates and improvements being implemented to the brand designs before their product life-cycle has expired. Whether it's a minor amendment to the brand (ie Red Kite 45/46), a revision to accommodate for a different vehicle type (ie TEN, Red Arrows) or the brand name identity is reviewed as a whole and the company thinks about what the route/brand is really about. I think the re-brand of service 57 fits into the third category; whilst there are links to service 56, I'd argue that it's more linked to service 58, and therefore this should be the brand name shared.

Like I say - back up your opinions, and you mightn't see the backlash.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 06 Dec 2015

Woken up with a terrible headache and also there is something up with my right ear, to make matters worse I have yet another gig to go to tonight.

Wish my gigs could be spaced out a bit more as I've ended up going to four this week!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 06 Dec 2015

(05 Dec 2015, 10:58 pm)LeeCalder My lack of self confidence is becoming quite apparent in recent days. It hasn't really effected me throughout my life, apart from in recent months, after I had a few arguments with different people.

I keep my opinions to myself to save arguments 
(06 Dec 2015, 11:58 am)Jimmi Woken up with a terrible headache and also there is something up with my right ear, to make matters worse I have yet another gig to go to tonight.

Wish my gigs could be spaced out a bit more as I've ended up going to four this week!
Ouch hope your ok Jimmi I once woke up with a really bad head once had some meds and felt good after that then proceeded to go straight to college

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 07 Dec 2015

Anyone want to take a guess?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 07 Dec 2015

(07 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan Anyone want to take a guess?

*scratches head* 

The Metro?

(07 Dec 2015, 4:09 pm)Michael *scratches head* 

The Metro?

Close enough - Network Rail!

(07 Dec 2015, 4:10 pm)Dan Close enough - Network Rail!

Tongue

I hope they have the Metro replacement service ready for tomorrow......... they'll be hell on if they haven't!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Dec 2015

(07 Dec 2015, 4:11 pm)Michael Tongue

I hope they have the Metro replacement service ready for tomorrow......... they'll be hell on if they haven't!

I thought it was already running. There were claims on Twitter that it was.

(07 Dec 2015, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum I thought it was already running. There were claims on Twitter that it was.

I think they have now although i'm not 100% sure on that, it should be confirmed soon though.

(07 Dec 2015, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum I thought it was already running. There were claims on Twitter that it was.

Go North East had a few buses out, but they weren't running to any sort of timetable.

I waited for over 20 minutes at Heworth earlier, and an X36 delayed by 30 minutes is what ended up taking me back to Sunderland. Full with standees - again.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Dec 2015

(07 Dec 2015, 7:02 pm)Dan Go North East had a few buses out, but they weren't running to any sort of timetable.

I waited for over 20 minutes at Heworth earlier, and an X36 delayed by 30 minutes is what ended up taking me back to Sunderland. Full with standees - again.

Not the most comfortable journey on that route, even sitting down.

(07 Dec 2015, 7:03 pm)BusLoverMum Not the most comfortable journey on that route, even sitting down.

Even worse when you're sat down and have someone's crotch in your face!

I was sat in the nearside 'quadrant' section towards the rear, and 4955 has an unusual pole in this section of the bus meaning if you're sat facing the front on the aisle side, you have to sit at an angle as the pole is in the way.