North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm)LeeCalder Lol! In all fairness, that is pretty funny.
I bet you wouldn't say that if it happened to you.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 1:16 pm)Davie Bloody Go North East! Me and Dan P were waiting for 5333 on the 33/39 which didn't turn up. I can apppreciate that they will want to have a corporate liveried bus opposed to a branded one allocated.

However, me and Dan were going to Heworth, and 6099 came in with 'X36 Newcastle' on the destination. 4974 was parked up in the layover bay, with engineers on the destination screen. 6099 went out N.I.S so we assumed that 4974 would replace it, however, that also left N.I.S. So the X36 got cancelled, and I can't use the Metro due to being claustrophobic.

To rub salt in our wounds, we then decided to get servive 8 to Washington then use service 4 to Heworth, however, 5397 went around N.I.S.

i have seen you on the metro once i was with an old pal of mine who i used to see in college the odd time im not claustrophobic although one of my phobia is nothing to do with transport but i used the metro today to get me to and back from places as it is quicker

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 23 Dec 2015

Its only a bus...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 6:27 pm)Diamond One i have seen you on the metro once i was with an old pal of mine who i used to see in college the odd time im not claustrophobic although one of my phobia is nothing to do with transport but i used the metro today to get me to and back from places as it is quicker
I very rarely use the Metro, I usually only use it if I have too.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 5:37 pm)Jimmi Sounds like they've had a Jimmi inspired day out! Big Grin

Going back to my post earlier, here's the result of getting a photo with low sun (and your hand covering the top of the camera lense!)
[Image: 23560923719_3bb4882ca3.jpg]Cumbria Classic Coaches: H728DDL by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Bit peed off hearing that 4514 went out on the X26/X27 after I came home, typical I was in Richmond and Darlington earlier in the day!

The photo has come out really well considering. 

For future, it may be worth you investing in a lens hood - http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlueBeach%C2%AE-18-140mm-3-5-5-6G-18-135mm-18-105mm/dp/B0113TLLMC/ref=sr_1_26?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450898466&sr=1-26&keywords=nikon+lens+hood

HB-69 will do the trick for your camera.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 23 Dec 2015

I think it's a canny shot Jimmmy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm)GMitchelhill I think it's a canny shot Jimmmy
Thanks Gary

I've actually been on this Olympian when I went to the Kirkby Stephen Rally this year when Stagecarriage still owned it. Hopefully someone organises a trip again for 2016 as that was a cracking day out.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 5:37 pm)Jimmi Sounds like they've had a Jimmi inspired day out! Big Grin

Going back to my post earlier, here's the result of getting a photo with low sun (and your hand covering the top of the camera lense!)
[Image: 23560923719_3bb4882ca3.jpg]Cumbria Classic Coaches: H728DDL by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
What's the deal with that service? Struggled to find much online about it.

(23 Dec 2015, 9:27 pm)Andreos1 What's the deal with that service? Struggled to find much online about it.

Here's a link to the timetable for the 572 and other heritage routes they operate.
http://www.cumbriaclassiccoaches.co.uk/heritage-routes.php

Wouldn't mind going for a ride between Middleton-In-Teessdale and Barnard Castle when the summer timetable kicks in at Easter.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 23 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 9:31 pm)Jimmi Here's a link to the timetable for the 572 and other heritage routes they operate.
http://www.cumbriaclassiccoaches.co.uk/heritage-routes.php

Wouldn't mind going for a ride between Middleton-In-Teessdale and Barnard Castle when the summer timetable kicks in at Easter.

Cheers Jimmi.
They do some interesting runs.
Wouldn't mind a go on the Olympian like!

(23 Dec 2015, 10:03 pm)Andreos1 Cheers Jimmi.

It is a cracking bus. Pity that I can't really do any of the routes at the moment as it would be nice to ride something different, may try Middleton-In-Teessdale to Barnard Castle, get the Scarlet Band 95/96 up there then 572 back down to Barney in the summer.

Back to the annoyances, I'm feeling a little light headed again.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Dec 2015

Other bus passengers!

Seriously, I seem to be encountering all the brain dead morons in the last few weeks. One thing that's really getting on my collective tits now is people not being ready to board the bus, almost every bus I have gotten on in this last week or so has been stood at the stop, got on the bus and THEN rummaged around for their fare or pass, or in the case of yesterday we had one woman getting on the 5A at St. Clare's Church who stopped the bus continued talking to the other people at the stop and THEN got her several bags off a pushchair and got on the bus on her own, we were sat there for over three minutes and everyone was annoyed about this as the service was already over 15 minutes down. Then at the Aycliffe Town Centre stop we had a woman interrogate the driver as to why the bus was late then an old biddy sat in the seat behind the drivers cab on this Pulsar and she had bags and one of them tartan shopping trolleys and because of the lack of space in that seat she put the trolley in the aisle and of course the driver was going nowhere until she moved it (rightly so) so she did eventually move it but of course this made us later still. On the 7 I am on now a larger lady decided to stand right in front of the stairs on the Enviro 400 so I had to REALLY struggle to get past her and get up the stairs smashing myself into stuff including the handrails in the process, not as if there was no seats either, still a few downstairs and there was four people upstairs, ALL THOSE EMPTY SEATS UPSTAIRS!!!

I know it's life, but boy it doesn't half irritate the hell out of me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BJ10VUS - 24 Dec 2015

(23 Dec 2015, 10:03 pm)Andreos1 Cheers Jimmi.

They certainly look like a good day out, but I wonder what will happen to these routes when the DDA rules come in to effect? Surely none of those buses are "accessible"?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 12:30 pm)BJ10VUS They certainly look like a good day out, but I wonder what will happen to these routes when the DDA rules come in to effect? Surely none of those buses are "accessible"?

Genuinely have no idea.
I assume they are affected, but maybe there will be a loophole somewhere that will exempt them?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BJ10VUS - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 1:40 pm)Andreos1 Genuinely have no idea.
I assume they are affected, but maybe there will be a loophole somewhere that will exempt them?

I imagine an Olympian would be more appealing than the "classic" DDA equivelant Solo or Dart?  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 12:12 pm)Jimmi Other bus passengers!

Seriously, I seem to be encountering all the brain dead morons in the last few weeks. One thing that's really getting on my collective tits now is people not being ready to board the bus, almost every bus I have gotten on in this last week or so has been stood at the stop, got on the bus and THEN rummaged around for their fare or pass, or in the case of yesterday we had one woman getting on the 5A at St. Clare's Church who stopped the bus continued talking to the other people at the stop and THEN got her several bags off a pushchair and got on the bus on her own, we were sat there for over three minutes and everyone was annoyed about this as the service was already over 15 minutes down. Then at the Aycliffe Town Centre stop we had a woman interrogate the driver as to why the bus was late then an old biddy sat in the seat behind the drivers cab on this Pulsar and she had bags and one of them tartan shopping trolleys and because of the lack of space in that seat she put the trolley in the aisle and of course the driver was going nowhere until she moved it (rightly so) so she did eventually move it but of course this made us later still. On the 7 I am on now a larger lady decided to stand right in front of the stairs on the Enviro 400 so I had to REALLY struggle to get past her and get up the stairs smashing myself into stuff including the handrails in the process, not as if there was no seats either, still a few downstairs and there was four people upstairs, ALL THOSE EMPTY SEATS UPSTAIRS!!!

I know it's life, but boy it doesn't half irritate the hell out of me.
I can't go upstairs on a bus, unless I know the bus will be stopped a good long time (eg at a station) so I can get down again. My knees just can't deal with it. And i can't carry bags downstairs.

Probably the same for a lot of passengers.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 3:10 pm)BusLoverMum I can't go upstairs on a bus, unless I know the bus will be stopped a good long time (eg at a station) so I can get down again. My knees just can't deal with it. And i can't carry bags downstairs.

Probably the same for a lot of passengers.

See I tend to sit upstairs, but it's up to the bus to wait till I get downstairs and off the bus. We're reminded to 'remain seated until the bus has stopped' after all. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 24 Dec 2015

The oven has decided it doesn't want to be an oven anymore, and won't heat up. Great.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm)mb134 The oven has decided it doesn't want to be an oven anymore, and won't heat up. Great.

my old oven conked out ages ago we converted it into an extra cupboard and somewhere to store food including extra cat food we have a new oven since but the old one is now  storage unit

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 3:18 pm)Adrian See I tend to sit upstairs, but it's up to the bus to wait till I get downstairs and off the bus. We're reminded to 'remain seated until the bus has stopped' after all. Smile

Aye, but I often find myself holding up little old ladies on my way down at Eldon Square!

And while we're in the moaning thread, my left knee must have had its feelings hurt, as it locked rather painfully, when I tried to stand up, earlier. I can see me hobbling around the kitchen with my stick , this week. I need a good long walk to unlock everything.