North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm)Adrian Best way. You get to see a lot more interesting stock by travelling around a bit! Unfortunately there'll always be people that don't appreciate what's not on their door step.

I'd love to do Dublin one day. I was down Derby not so long ago, and found things a bit average. Arriva had some interesting stock down there, but I'd probably want to do it again in the summer and explore a bit more.

I completely agree Adrian.

I travelled down with three Arriva employees and they all agreed that Arriva's fleet was looking very very shoddy. However, in my opinion not as bad as that of Notts + Derby. Although owned by TrentBarton, they appear to have had very little funding at all.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm)Adrian Best way. You get to see a lot more interesting stock by travelling around a bit! Unfortunately there'll always be people that don't appreciate what's not on their door step.

I'd love to do Dublin one day. I was down Derby not so long ago, and found things a bit average. Arriva had some interesting stock down there, but I'd probably want to do it again in the summer and explore a bit more.
As DanPicken states in his post, money plays a major part. In an attempt to try and get to various locations in future I am trying to find a part - time job.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm)DanPicken It's hard to do with little money, Lee only does it because of the Honey Monster.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm)Davie As DanPicken states in his post, money plays a major part. In an attempt to try and get to various locations in future I am trying to find a part - time job.

Do I?

I believe it would be wrong to go out and about with others without paying petrol money, for which reason I always do.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm)LeeCalder Do I?

I believe it would be wrong to go out and about with others without paying petrol money, for which reason I always do.

Yes you pay alot less for Petrol than me and Davie would have to as we'd have to get the train.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm)LeeCalder Do I?

Yes... but when you don't know soneone who drives, then you have to pay loads for either coach or train tickets.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm)tyresmoke Why not head to Crook and photograph Weardale's X21? Due in at 1030, same time as one of the 101's.
There's probably not a lot you haven't got a photo of though to be fair!

Might be worth mentioning that there will be a heavy coach presence for rail replacement Darlington-Durham-Newcastle over the next few weeks, but this starts next week 9th January.
X21 leaves Crook at 1050 on Saturday's, heading towards Stanhope. Thanks for the suggestion though, may still do that, I'll see how I feel, but I don't have a photo of the X21.

Yeah, there is certainly a lot of things I have photos of, I do like to photograph and ride buses/services that independents have, although I seem mostly interested in buses that do public service work, not so interested in coaches so much although do attempt to take photos of them as it can come in handy for the NEB fleet lists and such.

I create an album for each operator I photograph. I need to sort the albums for Stagecoach, elsewhere particularly the North West album where I'm not sure what to put the division down as.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums
(01 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm)LeeCalder I would like to think I have broadened my horizons. You only have to look at my Flickr to see that.

I am no longer wandering around with the controversial, I have some brilliant mates who are both enthusiasts and involved heavily in the industry. Yesterday saw a trip to TrentBarton Land, and further trips to Lancashire, Dublin and Cardiff are on the cards.
It is nice to see you getting about further afield and seeing some photos of buses somewhere else, looking at some of the photos you uploaded earlier, it just made me think that I would like to head down that way someday for some photos. Unsure about where I intend to head in the summer yet although I was having a look through a site listing events and rallies for buses in 2016, some of which I am considering heading to, plus other places I'd like to go to for day to day service buses. I am in Manchester one weekend this month although I'm actually down there to see The Libertines, so I'm unlikely to get much in the way of photos whilst I'm down there, although I will try and get a few in and I will take the Nikon this time instead of that little pocket Sony camera I have.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:38 pm)Davie Yes... but when you don't know soneone who drives, then you have to pay loads for either coach or train tickets.

I agree my older sister and her partner can drive but they look after their Grandchildren who have things I can't mention and they both work.

This appears to have become a bit of a sympathy argument (again)...

You could travel by Megabus to any of the said places for less that £10!

Which is a hell of a lot less that I pay in petrol.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm)DanPicken I agree my older sister and her partner can drive but they look after their Grandchildren who have things I can't mention and they both work.
I also can't go that far due to my dad's incosistant health.

Jimmi-There's Carlisle and North Lancashire and South Lancashire and Manchester (?).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm)LeeCalder This appears to have become a bit of a sympathy argument (again)...

This is true. If you look around enough, the tickets are cheap enough. Megabus have the extra cheap tickets on a Wednesday too I think?

(01 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm)LeeCalder This appears to have become a bit of a sympathy argument (again)...

Which have awkward times and run maybe once a day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - R852 PRG - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:43 pm)DanPicken Jimmi-There's Carlisle and North Lancashire and South Lancashire and Manchester (?).

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire and Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire are the legal names.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:43 pm)DanPicken Jimmi-There's Carlisle and North Lancashire and South Lancashire and Manchester (?).
York is canny too. Expence is a issue though.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:44 pm)Adrian This is true. If you look around enough, the tickets are cheap enough. Megabus have the extra cheap tickets on a Wednesday too I think?

A day which I'm at school which plays a part, I have to choose my GCSE options soon.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:44 pm)R852 PRG Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire and Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire are the legal names.

Thanks Marcus knew it was something and North Lancashire.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm)Davie York is canny too. Expence is a issue though.

Aren't we heading there later this month?

(01 Jan 2016, 9:39 pm)Jimmi It is nice to see you getting about further afield and seeing some photos of buses somewhere else, looking at some of the photos you uploaded earlier, it just made me think that I would like to head down that way someday for some photos. Unsure about where I intend to head in the summer yet although I was having a look through a site listing events and rallies for buses in 2016, some of which I am considering heading to, plus other places I'd like to go to for day to day service buses. I am in Manchester one weekend this month although I'm actually down there to see The Libertines, so I'm unlikely to get much in the way of photos whilst I'm down there, although I will try and get a few in and I will take the Nikon this time instead of that little pocket Sony camera I have.

Thanks Jimmi, it is nice to know that my photos are being well received!

I would recommend Trent Land to anyone in the hobby, I visited a small town called Hucknall to get my photos of 'Hucknall's Connect' which connects with the tram, meaning you can get two in one!

(01 Jan 2016, 9:47 pm)DanPicken Aren't we heading there later this month?

I'm not sure yet mate.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 01 Jan 2016

I'd also suggest Sheffield and South Yorkshire as an area to explore. A few days is enough - you can also do the Peak District area from the area.

I'm hopefully going to try and go to other parts of the Country this year. Mind, I did say that last year and the furthest I got was the Peaks.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Kuyoyo I'd also suggest Sheffield and South Yorkshire as an area to explore. A few days is enough - you can also do the Peak District area from the area.

I'm hopefully going to try and go to other parts of the Country this year. Mind, I did say that last year and the furthest I got was the Peaks.
Sheffield is one place I'd love to visit one day. I'd also like to go to Doncaster, Leeds and York (again).