North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 12 Oct 2015

(12 Oct 2015, 10:11 am)BusLoverMum Yep, the whole point of reading week is self study Tongue

Though I did a BSc, so never got a reading week. We'd dash between our solid 9-1 lectures and tutorials, often in different buildings (followed by 3 hour lab session in the afternoon) sneering at the fact that some of the history and English students only had 7 hours of contact time, all week!

Well.... we all know that doesn't happen! haha 

I think its just for her lesson, not sure about the others but i hope so!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 Oct 2015

(12 Oct 2015, 9:44 am)Jimmi Went to bed at around 23:30 last night, but didn't get to sleep until about 03:30 this morning. Been having loads of problems sleeping recently, almost every other night recently I have woken up at around 4am.

I got my first decent, unbroken night's sleep in a week, last night - a solid 7 hours. The night before was a late night with an early start with the kids screaming at each other before 5am. Even littl'un made up for it, last night, with almost 12 hours after taking himself to bed just after 7.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 12 Oct 2015

(11 Oct 2015, 9:46 pm)Davie If he continues I am going to report him to the police

Have you told him to stop?
Not having a go at all, but looking at the messages posted on there, it could be said that you have encouraged him. Phone numbers, suggesting to meet etc., whether genuine or not may have given the guy the wrong impression.

If you tell him to stop and he doesn't, then I reckon you have an argument to report him to the police.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 12 Oct 2015

(12 Oct 2015, 11:51 am)Andreos1 Have you told him to stop?
Not having a go at all, but looking at the messages posted on there, it could be said that you have encouraged him. Phone numbers, suggesting to meet etc., whether genuine or not may have given the guy the wrong impression.

If you tell him to stop and he doesn't, then I reckon you have an argument to report him to the police.
The reason I asked to meet up was so I could ask him to stop and if he said owt else record it and show all the evidence to the police.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 Oct 2015

Agree that your first line should be "I don't want to meet up with you" rather than "I'm busy" or making excuses. Then block the guy. If he comes back under another name, tell him to stop. If he continues to harass you after you have made it clear to him that his approach is unwelcome, then is the time to go to the police, as you will be able to show that you have made reasonable steps to avoid him and you have specifically told him to stop, yet he is still pursuing you.

As it stands, nowhere in that conversation have to told him to go away or that you will not meet up with him. Ever.

You don't have to meet with him to tell him to stop. In fact you shouldn't, because if he's as twisted as you say, that could encourage him to ramp up the harassment or claim goodness knows hatever against you. It's best to do it in writing where there will be a permanent, preferably publicly visible record which is not open to misinterpretation.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 12 Oct 2015

Sun position being a bit of a nuicense in Nottingham.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 13 Oct 2015

Morning isn't going well...

The 8:02am bus i get was late, its took 5 minutes to get from the prospect to the Barnes...

Now i'm reading the fire alarn has gone off at Heworth....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 13 Oct 2015

Some anus of a bus driver took TEN MINUTES to get from Fifth Avenue in Ashington to the bus station. Departed Fifth Avenue 5 minutes late and arrived about 15 minutes late.

Idiot supervisor then came to the bus and asked if he wanted to change shifts for another day. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!

No wonder why these stupid crappy heaps are late, the driver went around a curve no slower than 5mph.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 13 Oct 2015

9 is over half an hour late now i had to take alternative transport at 3pm which was the metro

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 13 Oct 2015

(12 Oct 2015, 12:02 pm)BusLoverMum Agree that your first line should be "I don't want to meet up with you" rather than "I'm busy" or making excuses. Then block the guy. If he comes back under another name, tell him to stop. If he continues to harass you after you have made it clear to him that his approach is unwelcome, then is the time to go to the police, as you will be able to show that you have made reasonable steps to avoid him and you have specifically told him to stop, yet he is still pursuing you.

As it stands, nowhere in that conversation have to told him to go away or that you will not meet up with him. Ever.

You don't have to meet with him to tell him to stop. In fact you shouldn't, because if he's as twisted as you say, that could encourage him to ramp up the harassment or claim goodness knows hatever against you. It's best to do it in writing where there will be a permanent, preferably publicly visible record which is not open to misinterpretation.

i agree with BusLoverMum (her name is in real life?) my advice for davie would be same as BusLoverMum (her name in real life) by saying "I dont wanna meet up with you" he may come back with a fake name like Moe Szyslak (he is a cartoon character on the simpsons as moe the bartender and owner of moes tavern) simply block i have blocked busmad1999 on flickr and on here as he is really weird but i agree if he continues to harass you or your mates then police will be involved straight away when am out spotting now for transport i try and avoid the bad things and move to somewhere else if they are there for 1 hour or more til they are gone

i got advice from a bus drivers sister i am mates with her nephew who i have known for years she said this back in 2014 she said jot down all the things he is doing on a pc or on a note pad or anything that you can keep notes on eg things said actions he has done and past incidents the more he does it the more chance he has of being arrested and not a holiday camp either

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Oct 2015

Went to the cash machine at Tesco and some idiot walked straight into me! Am I invisible or something?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 14 Oct 2015

(14 Oct 2015, 11:54 am)Jimmi Went to the cash machine at Tesco and some idiot walked straight into me! Am I invisible or something?

Check your pockets.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Oct 2015

(14 Oct 2015, 12:14 pm)BusLoverMum Check your pockets.
Nowts been stolen, they were just an idiot. Was clearly obvious that I was going to the cash machine.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 14 Oct 2015

Three again.

I spent one hour on the phone to some Indian, who put me on hold three times and transferred to two different people.

Rather ironic that the hold music included "Man I ain't getting nowhere" and Three's "Make it right" song also was on...

Oh, and the internet should be fixed on TUESDAY. 2 weeks after the problem started.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 Oct 2015

Sunderland Council to charge for brown bin garden waste collections in bid to save £800,000

Gardeners are to be charged an extra £25 on top of their council tax to have their brown bins emptied.

Senior councillors have approved an annual charge for fortnightly collections of garden waste, which will start in March 2016.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/community/sunderland-s-lib-dems-vow-to-fight-brown-bin-tax-1-7513884

Sunderland Council - Pardon my French.... Robbing Bastards

(14 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm)Michael Sunderland Council to charge for brown bin garden waste collections in bid to save £800,000

Gardeners are to be charged an extra £25 on top of their council tax to have their brown bins emptied.

Senior councillors have approved an annual charge for fortnightly collections of garden waste, which will start in March 2016.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/community/sunderland-s-lib-dems-vow-to-fight-brown-bin-tax-1-7513884

Sunderland Council - Pardon my French.... Robbing Bastards

Durham already started doing that, this year.

We've made a lot of compost!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 Oct 2015

(14 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm)BusLoverMum Durham already started doing that, this year.

Its a disgrace, Sunderland Council just want more money, its not like our household pays full Council Tax already.... FOR the bins to emptied etc.

(14 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm)Michael Its a disgrace, Sunderland Council just want more money, its not like our household pays full Council Tax already.... FOR the bins to emptied etc.

The garden waste isn't considered an essential service, though - more of a courtesy that they can make money on by selling compost. I will be up in arms if they start charging us for taking household rubbish away, though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 14 Oct 2015

(14 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm)Michael Sunderland Council to charge for brown bin garden waste collections in bid to save £800,000

(14 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm)BusLoverMum Durham already started doing that, this year.

Northumberland have charged for a couple of years now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 15 Oct 2015

KILL ME NOW.

Three's coverage page - We're planning some network improvements in your area on 23 October 2015. We're really sorry if this affects your services. It's crucial work that will improve your network experience.

I've only just started getting good service again.