North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:44 pm)R852 PRG Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire and Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire are the legal names.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:43 pm)DanPicken Jimmi-There's Carlisle and North Lancashire and South Lancashire and Manchester (?).
I tried to fix all the photos in the Stagecoach North West album, but I searched the registrations for the buses on Flickr and kept getting met with different things in each title on each photo, so I have no idea what I should set my titles as, particularly the ones that I have snapped in Blackpool. Can someone comment on each photo and suggest what I should refer to it as.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/sets/72157649622398130

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm)Jimmi I tried to fix all the photos in the Stagecoach North West album, but I searched the registrations for the buses on Flickr and kept getting met with different things in each title on each photo, so I have no idea what I should set my titles as, particularly the ones that I have snapped in Blackpool. Can someone comment on each photo and suggest what I should refer to it as.

Carlisle, Workington, Kendal, Barrow and Morecambe depots fall under Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
Preston, Liverpool Gillmoss, Chester and Rock Ferry depots fall under Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire

In terms of Blackpool - the 61, 68 and 84 are worked by Preston depot and the 42 is worked by Morecambe.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm)Davie York is canny too. Expence is a issue though.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm)DanPicken A day which I'm at school which plays a part, I have to choose my GCSE options soon.

Do you not get half and end of term breaks any more like? Most of us get 5 weeks worth of leave a year, and we all manage it. 

I do appreciate that expense can be an issue, but if you're flexible enough, it can still be affordable. The times that you most want to travel will probably be the same as when everyone else wants to travel. Hence tickets being at a premium for that time.  Looking back at this year, I managed to get York for £31 from Newcastle, but that was first class. If I recall, it would have been about £21/£22 standard. Edinburgh was £41 including a portion of that as first class.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm)Adrian Do you not get half and end of term breaks any more like? Most of us get 5 weeks worth of leave a year, and we all manage it. 

I do appreciate that expense can be an issue, but if you're flexible enough, it can still be affordable. The times that you most want to travel will probably be the same as when everyone else wants to travel. Hence tickets being at a premium for that time.  Looking back at this year, I managed to get York for £31 from Newcastle, but that was first class. If I recall, it would have been about £21/£22 standard. Edinburgh was £41 including a portion of that as first class.

I do but its only a week or 2 here and there and everyone travels then.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:55 pm)Adrian Do you not get half and end of term breaks any more like? Most of us get 5 weeks worth of leave a year, and we all manage it. 

Got a return to York on the GC for £15 just a few weeks back.
That was over a weekend too.

Plenty of good deals to be had if you can plan ahead.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 01 Jan 2016

It's about being bothered to search for the correct fares, as it seems you may have done.

VTEC operate a 'we won't be beaten' price guarantee. I got a return to Edinburgh for the 30th of this month for just £16.90 return.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:58 pm)LeeCalder It's about being bothered to search for the correct fares, as it seems you may have done.

VTEC operate a 'we won't be beaten' price guarantee. I got a return to Edinburgh for the 30th of this month for just £16.90 return.

Aye this is it. I tend to book my leave a year in advance, and then just keep searching around for ticket deals. You may not get where you want to go for cheap that week, but you can guarantee somewhere else will be just as cheap. That's how York came about really, as the original plan was to hit West Yorkshire. 

I could probably do my trips cheaper than I do, but if I see it as being a good deal, I'll always try and get the return portion to first class.

If any of you are aged 16-25, and are looking to travel by train often, why not invest in a young persons railcard?
http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/

Costs £30 a year, or you can get a three year railcard for £70.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 01 Jan 2016

Hey I managed to go from Newcastle to Antwerp for a £12 return on the Megabus in 2014.

As for Notts and Derby, they only look down at heel because they're Wellglades low cost unit in the Derby area.

(01 Jan 2016, 10:01 pm)GMitchelhill Hey I managed to go from Newcastle to Antwerp for a £12 return on the Megabus in 2014.

As for Notts and Derby, they only look down at heel because they're Wellglades low cost unit in the Derby area.

You deserve a medal for spending that long on a coach. Tongue

(01 Jan 2016, 10:01 pm)GMitchelhill Hey I managed to go from Newcastle to Antwerp for a £12 return on the Megabus in 2014.

Yes, I see your point about Notts and Derby.

They are the cheap alternative. Kind of along the same corridor as Trent on most routes, I thing the lack of funding from their parent company (TrentBarton - Who bought out the Wellglade Group) is a deliberate thing, to try and make TB look even better.

As for YourBus, the less said about them the better. I seen one driver yesterday wearing a top hat and another a flat cap and t-shirt.

(01 Jan 2016, 10:05 pm)Adrian You deserve a medal for spending that long on a coach. Tongue

Worst I ever did was when I went to see The Killers at Wembley, left Middlesbrough Bus Station at around 09:15 in the morning, arrived at Wembley at around 15:00, left Wembley at around midnight as one of the passengers didn't return to the coach, so we ended up leaving her and the bloke she was with behind. We arrived back in Middlesbrough at around 05:15, so apart from a few brief dozes off I was pretty much awake for 24 hours, ugh! It wasn't owt fancy either, it was a slightly old small Mercedes coach, apparently all the good coaches that day were at Robbie Williams Dodgy

(01 Jan 2016, 10:08 pm)LeeCalder Yes, I see your point about Notts and Derby.

They are the cheap alternative. Kind of along the same corridor as Trent on most routes, I thing the lack of funding from their parent company (TrentBarton - Who bought out the Wellglade Group) is a deliberate thing, to try and make TB look even better.

As for YourBus, the less said about them the better. I seen one driver yesterday wearing a top hat and another a flat cap and t-shirt.

If you are down that way again, maybe worth coming back up the A1.

These have a decent set up.
http://www.marshallscoaches.co.uk/services.html

(01 Jan 2016, 7:48 pm)Jimmi I do have to admit I was intrested in lampposts when I was younger (not sure why) but I was fascinated when a bulb would go and always eager to see them be replaced. Yeah, I was a strange child, I'm still pretty strange now.

I'm not a fan of the show, as I've made clear in the past, but even people I know who do like the show thought the film was terrible.
Ditto.

Not a fan of the show at all.

(01 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm)Andreos1 If you are down that way again, maybe worth coming back up the A1.

These have a decent set up.
http://www.marshallscoaches.co.uk/services.html

Yes, I've seen a bit of Marshall's in the past and it appears they do have a cracking set up!

One thing I noticed yesterday, whilst taking a 'minor' detour via Barnsley was Tates Travel. Most companies will try and cover up their problems... not Tate'ss though. I seen an MPD with Green, White, Blue and Red panels!

(01 Jan 2016, 10:30 pm)Andreos1 Ditto.

Not a fan of the show at all.

Watched it once and wasn't particularly keen on it, after seeing it I was in the mindest of 'I don't like it but other people will', but I went on to full on hate it once people who like the show wouldn't respect my opinions for not liking the show, some people even thought that there was seriously something wrong with me mentally because I didn't like it, they'd be right by saying there is something wrong with me mentally, but it does not really relate to my taste in TV shows.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm)Jimmi Watched it once and wasn't particularly keen on it, after seeing it I was in the mindest of 'I don't like it but other people will', but I went on to full on hate it once people who like the show wouldn't respect my opinions for not liking the show, some people even thought that there was seriously something wrong with me mentally because I didn't like it, they'd be right by saying there is something wrong with me mentally, but it does not really relate to my taste in TV shows.

In any situation, calling someone's intellect or mental health into question for not enjoying a particular TV program is overkill, at best.

I can see why some people enjoy the Irish mammie aspect, but it leaves me cold.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Jan 2016

Now romesh ranganathan as Donald trump... Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm)BusLoverMum Now romesh ranganathan as Donald trump... Big Grin

Is that on again or is it just a repeat? The second repeat if it is.

(01 Jan 2016, 11:07 pm)BusLoverMum In any situation, calling someone's intellect or mental health into question for not enjoying a particular TV program is overkill, at best.

I can see why some people enjoy the Irish mammie aspect, but it leaves me cold.

I remember loads of people kicking right off when the beeb opted out of a (Repeat) episode to announce the death of Nelson Mandela.