North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 31 Jan 2016

They used to be the hot topic in this thread - so seeing as mine is on its last legs...
My phone is doing my head in!

A few weeks back, the usb charging stopped working.
Tried a few plugs, connected to laptop - nowt. Still nothing.
Had a little look inside and it looks like there has been a slip of some sort in the phone charging point.
After a brainwave, I ordered a charging plate off amazon.
My phone has the charging plate functionality built in, so for a few weeks - perfect.

Except, today my phone has developed a bleed after it fell into the wood flooring in the house.

Only a matter of time before it gives up the ghost completely by the looks of it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 31 Jan 2016

Three rough chavvy Pakistani teenage boys sitting opposite on the train generally being ignorant and finding it hilarious to slap each other. Hope they get hit by a bus

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 31 Jan 2016

I came away for the weekend to actually be able to do a day out that isn't 0750-1800. So why, at 5 to 10 on a Sunday am I laid on the bed in the hotel room instead of out and about!? Weather earlier and lack of a good night sleep doesn't help matters and I can at least see the trains fly by and the buses entering the interchange. Home tomorrow.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 01 Feb 2016

(31 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm)GMitchelhill I suspect that is the standard response to most of his trips.

I was quite looking forward to the trip. On the day it did not meet my expectations. It may have been because I'd been working long hours and was tired but here's my list of issues:

*Organisation was lacking. Some people just seemed to disappear after the Metrocentre
*We did not visit Rowells or Primrose. When I asked about the Primrose yard in Acomb, I was told it was locked up. Likewise no mention was made of Rowell's Prudhoe yard.
*Some guy nearly got left behind twice. It was a tour not a taxi service.
*The Metrocentre break was ill-advised. I believe time could have been better spent travelling direct from Coopers to Acomb via Morpeth and Scots Gap with a lunch break in the middle rather than going back to Newcastle.
*Quite frankly many of the people from Yorkshire were bloody scruffy and unkempt to put it mildly. I was ashamed to be associated with them.

I'm just going to stick to my own trips from on.

A disappointed...Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Feb 2016

(01 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm)Charles41 I was quite looking forward to the trip. On the day it did not meet my expectations. It may have been because I'd been working long hours and was tired but here's my list of issues:

*Organisation was lacking. Some people just seemed to disappear after the Metrocentre
*We did not visit Rowells or Primrose. When I asked about the Primrose yard in Acomb, I was told it was locked up. Likewise no mention was made of Rowell's Prudhoe yard.
*Some guy nearly got left behind twice. It was a tour not a taxi service.
*The Metrocentre break was ill-advised. I believe time could have been better spent travelling direct from Coopers to Acomb via Morpeth and Scots Gap with a lunch break in the middle rather than going back to Newcastle.
*Quite frankly many of the people from Yorkshire were bloody scruffy and unkempt to put it mildly. I was ashamed to be associated with them.

I'm just going to stick to my own trips from on.

A disappointed...Charles

Glad someone else thought that the expectations were far from being met.

Perhaps these sort of occurrences seem fine in Yorkshire but it does not seem to wash well with those of us on Tyneside.

Know what you mean about them being scruffy, this is probably why there is the typical stereotypes for bus enthusiasts wearing anoraks because some of these are living up to the stereotypes, whilst I just dress like a typical 22 year old although I should probably be shot down for wearing a coat in Newcastle.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 01 Feb 2016

To be honest, when he started doing the trips years ago they used to be quite decent. Trips were usually once every few weeks. But it got to the point where he had gone for Quantity rather then Quality. Think the last trip I did with him was with PC Coaches in 2012 and unfortuantley one of the advertised vehicles (a rare Scania K92 Double decker) was unavailable (not the guys fault). I had planned to do more of his trips but I was put off then he set up another trip in the same area as the one I was going on to try and poach passengers from the other guys trips. The last time I actually did one of these bus tours was 2014 when we did Golden Eagle in Scotland which was really enjoyable. Just haven't felt the urge to do any at the moment.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 02 Feb 2016

Nexus are not allowing Bus Enthusiasts to take photos at Park lane I am annoyed this is what David Archbold said I was annoyed when I had entered the bus station to meet up with my mates Michael and Pete along with Steven and I got told that bus enthusiasts are not allowed to take photos inside Park Lane I usually take photos where the fence is like any regular bus enthusiast I got an idea I got this from a fellow enthusiast he once said if he is there next time could all head to Sunderland with a Camera when this incident occurred I was on 4916 on 9 after finishing work I missed the first bus by 5 minutes but got the next one half hour later I am fuming David said this but I heard via his boss I can guess who Probs told a lie about us was I know his name inbox me and I can reveal who was there as my mates spotted him roaming about like a idiot

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 02 Feb 2016

(02 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm)Diamond One Nexus are not allowing Bus Enthusiasts to take photos at Park lane I am annoyed this is what David Archbold said I was annoyed when I had entered the bus station to meet up with my mates Michael and Pete along with Steven and I got told that bus enthusiasts are not allowed to take photos inside Park Lane I usually take photos where the fence is like any regular bus enthusiast I got an idea I got this from a fellow enthusiast he once said if he is there next time could all head to Sunderland with a Camera when this incident occurred I was on 4916 on 9 after finishing work I missed the first bus by 5 minutes but got the next one half hour later I am fuming David said this but I heard via his boss

Its their property so they can put what rules they want on it, sure this has been said many times before.

(02 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm)Michael Its their property so they can put what rules they want on it, sure this has been said many times before.

I only took 1 photo today that was outside St Peters

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 02 Feb 2016

(02 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm)Diamond One Nexus are not allowing Bus Enthusiasts to take photos at Park lane I am annoyed this is what David Archbold said I was annoyed when I had entered the bus station to meet up with my mates Michael and Pete along with Steven and I got told that bus enthusiasts are not allowed to take photos inside Park Lane I usually take photos where the fence is like any regular bus enthusiast I got an idea I got this from a fellow enthusiast he once said if he is there next time could all head to Sunderland with a Camera when this incident occurred I was on 4916 on 9 after finishing work I missed the first bus by 5 minutes but got the next one half hour later I am fuming David said this but I heard via his boss I can guess who Probs told a lie about us was I know his name inbox me and I can reveal who was there as my mates spotted him roaming about like a idiot
I'm always here if you need anything.
(02 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm)Michael Its their property so they can put what rules they want on it, sure this has been said many times before.
I think what he meant to say was he got annoyed for getting told off for going into the bus station.

(02 Feb 2016, 6:10 pm)Davie I'm always here if you need anything.
I think what he meant to say was he got annoyed for getting told off for going into the bus station.

Hadn't even taken a single photo in there today I only took 1 that was beside St Peters Metro while waiting for Paul

(02 Feb 2016, 6:12 pm)Diamond One Hadn't even taken a single photo in there today I only took 1 that was beside St Peters Metro while waiting for Paul
Did you have your camera with you?

(02 Feb 2016, 6:12 pm)Diamond One Hadn't even taken a single photo in there today I only took 1 that was beside St Peters Metro while waiting for Paul

(02 Feb 2016, 6:10 pm)Davie I'm always here if you need anything.

Maybe but it's still their rules, they could of thought he was going to and they were just mentioning it to him?

We all know that sometimes he can exaggerate a story.

(02 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm)Davie Did you have your camera with you?

Yes

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 02 Feb 2016

Nexus has a no photography ban in Metro-Bus interchanges for public safety. There are plenty of places other than bus stations to take photos.

If you have been approached by a member of staff, who has previously told you not to do so, then they might approach you again to remind you.

Please don't go over this old chestnut again.

(02 Feb 2016, 6:17 pm)Diamond One Yes
Maybe he assumed you were photographing buses.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 02 Feb 2016

(31 Jan 2016, 1:27 am)GMitchelhill Had a feeling it wouldn't go well with this tour.

I refused to do anymore bus tours with this organiser as a few years ago he set up a decoy page to poach people (and sabotage) another tour organised by a rival enthusiast. I was actually planning on attending this rivals tour because it was using ex GNE Olympians and double checking the details I noticed the tour I was going on went missing from the page, turn out the set up similar blog page to misguide people to his tour.

As for the person turning up late each time. They didn't have a dog by chance and a Newcastle United hat on.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=550&pid=27482#pid27482
http://ukbustours.blogspot.co.uk 
http://jb-tours.blogspot.co.uk

Sound familiar?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 02 Feb 2016

Yup all organised by the same guy.

(02 Feb 2016, 7:05 pm)Davie Maybe he assumed you were photographing buses.

I wasn't even planning on taking photos at that time needed to save juice on batteries for Manchester City players in fact if he says do not take photos there am gonna completely ignore him and I'll tell ya another fact he once was horrible to a lad who was deaf I witnessed once at Gateshead interchange 3 years ago just proves what david is really like

(02 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm)Diamond One I wasn't even planning on taking photos at that time needed to save juice on batteries for Manchester City players in fact if he says do not take photos there am gonna completely ignore him and I'll tell ya another fact he once was horrible to a lad who was deaf I witnessed once at Gateshead interchange 3 years ago just proves what david is really like

So he works at Gateshead and Park Lane?

And now we know he his name.