North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 10:06 am)DanPicken My X1 driver is obsessed with pressing the horn for no reason, as it stands he's done 3 times since I boarded at Gateshead.

Maybe he's horny....  Angel

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 10:06 am)DanPicken My X1 driver is obsessed with pressing the horn for no reason, as it stands he's done 3 times since I boarded at Gateshead.

Probably channelling little'un.

The horn on the bus goes beep beep beep....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 9:40 am)S813 FVK Thats the one. 

It is a shame that the company can't tell customers the outcomes of their complaints, even if it is something like 'the driver has been spoken to about the incident' without releasing any information about the driver in question. I think that may just give the customers who complain a lot the reassurance that something is being done to resolve the issues brought to their attention.

Did they tell you whether the complaint is upheld or not, out of interest? I can appreciate that they can't go into detail about what action they've taken, but they should be making it clear whether it's been upheld.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jackamcardle - 20 Feb 2016

Well after lasting more than 6 months with a cracked pop card, I got it took off of me today. My annoyance is that every single driver over the past 6 months has let me get on with no problem whatsoever, and as the driver said ' if I get caught letting you on with it then I would get suspended'. So that would mean that every driver that has let me on for all this time should've been suspended. They need to brush up on their rules.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 11:55 am)Adrian Did they tell you whether the complaint is upheld or not, out of interest? I can appreciate that they can't go into detail about what action they've taken, but they should be making it clear whether it's been upheld.

I got this reply from them:

"I am sorry you had reason to complain regarding the driver's attitude on service 825 on the 4th December 2015.

Details of your complaint have been passed to the depot. The driver will be interviewed and suitable action taken to prevent a re occurrence. Due to employment law I am unable to inform you of any action taken against the driver. 

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and if I can help with any other issue please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the customer service team."

While I accept the company has laws to stick to, this is the same response as I had when we complained about the same driver for the same reason a couple of years earlier but obviously nothing has changed if I had to complain about him yet again.

(20 Feb 2016, 12:53 pm)S813 FVK I got this reply from them:

"I am sorry you had reason to complain regarding the driver's attitude on service 825 on the 4th December 2015.

Details of your complaint have been passed to the depot. The driver will be interviewed and suitable action taken to prevent a re occurrence. Due to employment law I am unable to inform you of any action taken against the driver. 

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and if I can help with any other issue please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the customer service team."

While I accept the company has laws to stick to, this is the same response as I had when we complained about the same driver for the same reason a couple of years earlier but obviously nothing has changed if I had to complain about him yet again.

...and I take it that you haven't even asked them to disclose what action has been taken against the driver either...? Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 12:35 pm)Jackamcardle Well after lasting more than 6 months with a cracked pop card, I got it took off of me today. My annoyance is that every single driver over the past 6 months has let me get on with no problem whatsoever, and as the driver said ' if I get caught letting you on with it then I would get suspended'. So that would mean that every driver that has let me on for all this time should've been suspended. They need to brush up on their rules.

Or get rid of their 'reward and incentive' scheme, if it was taken by one of the operators who have one in place.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 3:15 pm)Andreos1 Or get rid of their 'reward and incentive' scheme, if it was taken by one of the operators who have one in place.

Or the user follow the instructions:

You may need to replace your Pop Card if it is lost, stolen, Faulty, has been tampered with or is Damaged. This can be done at a Nexus TravelShop by completing an application form.

Section 5
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/helpguides/CF_POP_T%26C_v2.1.pdf

(20 Feb 2016, 3:26 pm)citaro5284 Or the user follow the instructions:

You may need to replace your Pop Card if it is lost, stolen, Faulty, has been tampered with or is Damaged. This can be done at a Nexus TravelShop by completing an application form.

Section 5

The main word being 'may'?

(20 Feb 2016, 3:26 pm)citaro5284 Or the user follow the instructions:

Section 5

Well actually, I got it back. I spoke to the nexus guy in Newcastle and he said that if it was taped back together and readable then it is still valid, so he contacted the guy from the metrocentre and he got it back off of the driver and sent it back on the 10, very helpful he was!

(20 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm)Adrian ...and I take it that you haven't even asked them to disclose what action has been taken against the driver either...? Smile

No, is that something that i should do in the future? Thanks for the tip, if so Smile

(20 Feb 2016, 3:57 pm)S813 FVK No, is that something that i should do in the future? Thanks for the tip, if so Smile

Nah, I mean they'll have given you that excuse, despite you not even asking them to do it in the first place! I hate templates... Sad

I'd just write back to them and ask them to confirm whether or not they're upholding your complaint? They're not breaching any particular piece of employment law by telling you that.

(20 Feb 2016, 3:59 pm)Adrian Nah, I mean they'll have given you that excuse, despite you not even asking them to do it in the first place! I hate templates... Sad

I'd just write back to them and ask them to confirm whether or not they're upholding your complaint? They're not breaching any particular piece of employment law by telling you that.

Ok. I'll keep an eye out for the driver and see if he changes and, if not, i'll fire another complaint off and make a point of asking.

I do have a feeling that, if i complain about the same driver over the same thing, it might come across as me having something against the driver in question and would just look for anything to criticise him about. Don't really want to come across like that.

(20 Feb 2016, 3:42 pm)Jackamcardle Well actually, I got it back. I spoke to the nexus guy in Newcastle and he said that if it was taped back together and readable then it is still valid, so he contacted the guy from the metrocentre and he got it back off of the driver and sent it back on the 10, very helpful he was!

Glad to see common sense being applied in the end.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 20 Feb 2016

(20 Feb 2016, 5:05 pm)Andreos1 Glad to see common sense being applied in the end.

...although I'd hope that Jack would learn from his mistakes and use his common sense by ordering a replacement now, before there's a repeat occurrence of today's events?

Appreciate there probably won't ever be an instance for Jack to buy his single/day ticket on a Metro first, as opposed to a bus, but one must scan their POP card to buy a discounted child fare on the Metro. Likewise if Metro staff undertake a revenue inspection. A cracked card cannot be scanned.

I know when I had a POP card and accidentally snapped it in two, I was told by Metro staff that I had to go into a travel shop as soon as possible to order a replacement, for the above reason. I was confronted by several bus drivers at the time too, but I clearly told them as soon as they gave me a funny look that I had already ordered a new one and was waiting for it in the post.

(20 Feb 2016, 5:11 pm)Dan ...although I'd hope that Jack would learn from his mistakes and use his common sense by ordering a replacement now, before there's a repeat occurrence of today's events?

Appreciate there probably won't ever be an instance for Jack to buy his single/day ticket on a Metro first, as opposed to a bus, but one must scan their POP card to buy a discounted child fare on the Metro. Likewise if Metro staff undertake a revenue inspection. A cracked card cannot be scanned.

I know when I had a POP card and accidentally snapped it in two, I was told by Metro staff that I had to go into a travel shop as soon as possible to order a replacement, for the above reason. I was confronted by several bus drivers at the time too, but I clearly told them as soon as they gave me a funny look that I had already ordered a new one and was waiting for it in the post.

I have ordered a replacement.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 21 Feb 2016

Bloody BT Internet!

For anyone considering purchasing a PS4, I'd highly recommend not wasting your money on the heaps of shite!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 21 Feb 2016

(21 Feb 2016, 2:42 pm)Davie For anyone considering purchasing a PS4, I'd highly recommend not wasting your money on the heaps of shite!!!

Ah; but you'd also highly recommend not wasting your time with BT Internet or Go North East's Wi-Fi, when in reality it's probably just you! Tongue

When are you going to give up on technology, man?

(21 Feb 2016, 2:44 pm)Dan When are you going to give up on technology, man?

The way I feel I already have!