North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm)South Tyne Lad Unfortunately all this Shite that's said in the World about Syrians is caused by a certain few, Brainwashed people that seem to use their religion as a way to murder people. ( Murdering is not permitted in the Koran anyways )
Syrians are wonderful people, I know a few because of my Arabian background.

Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm)Ambassador Wow 6th Form levels of xenophobic/borderline racism....it's like a Daily Mail convention.

Thank the lord (and Allah and whichever imaginary sky creature you'd like to thank) for Murdo's common sense here

Once again, because someone has a different opinion on a certain subject, its racist, comparing this to the daily mail, its worse on Facebook. 

This is why people get so bloody annoyed because people can't have their own opinion.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm)Michael I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

Was it a traditional play for Christmas?, telling the story etc? - if so, glad the school is doing it... a lot of schools now, don't do that... which is wrong.

Its the 21st century but come on, its the UK, our traditions, we should be allowed to celebrate it without offending people.

It's certainly not many schools Michael. Without going into my background too much, I can guarantee you that is not the case. 

Nobody is offended that people celebrate Christmas, Easter, Eid, Hanukkah, or any other religious festival. I celebrate the commercial form of Christmas, i.e. trees, presents, etc, rather than the religious form.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm)Michael I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

Was it a traditional play for Christmas?, telling the story etc? - if so, glad the school is doing it... a lot of schools now, don't do that... which is wrong.

Its the 21st century but come on, its the UK, our traditions, we should be allowed to celebrate it without offending people.

With regards to teachers not being allowed to say merry christmas to people most of my teachers did to every one but this might not be the case in other schools I don't know

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm)Adrian Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

Exactly, People get the wrong picture on religions for things only a very small minority do, My family have never broken the law and both have jobs and pay their taxes.
Yes I agree most people are decent and peaceful on this planet Smile

(27 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm)Adrian Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

It is, i have Muslims in my class, all of them are canny, same as most of them.

Like you said its a majority who's making the religion look bad, every religion has bad ones in it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 27 Mar 2016

You may well have been told not to wish anyone a "Merry Christmas" in your working environment. 

But you inferred that nobody anywhere was allowed to wish anyone a "Merry Christmas".

See the difference??

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:01 pm)Michael Once again, because someone has a different opinion on a certain subject, its racist, comparing this to the daily mail, its worse on Facebook. 

This is why people get so bloody annoyed because people can't have their own opinion.

I know, I never said I hate all of them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 27 Mar 2016

We're atheist. The kids are allergic to chocolate and Cadbury's aint what it used to be, anyhow. None of us would be that bothered if Easter disappeared from the calendar.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:10 pm)Michael Expect the likes of those who march in London who want the Sharia law in the UK..

It didn't happen. It was once, and it was actually cancelled, presumably due to lack of support.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm)BusLoverMum We're atheist. The kids are allergic to chocolate and Cadbury's aint what it used to be, anyhow. None of us would be that bothered if Easter disappeared from the calendar.

Same here. I'm an atheist and couldn't give a toss about most of the 'British' traditions adopted from marauding Christians from Rome and further afield. 

What about those traditional pagan rituals we once celebrated, wiped out by the onslaught of Christianity?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm)BusLoverMum We're atheist. The kids are allergic to chocolate and Cadbury's aint what it used to be, anyhow. None of us would be that bothered if Easter disappeared from the calendar.

I will take the chocolate off your hands  Tongue

(27 Mar 2016, 6:15 pm)MurdnunoC What about those traditional pagan rituals we once celebrated, wiped out by the onslaught of Christianity?

It almost compares to Trump and the idiots who follow him, wanting to eradicate America of immigrants. Oh the irony...

(27 Mar 2016, 6:18 pm)Adrian It almost compares to Trump and the idiots who follow him, wanting to eradicate America of immigrants. Oh the irony...

I can't believe how many people follow him. Not into politics or anything but I'm shocked he's got this far.

I'm 25, i don't celebrate Easter because i'm to old and not religious etc but why shouldn't others, and why should companies have to put "Happy Easter" on back of the eggs in case it offends people?. 

That was the whole point in my post and now its got out of hand - because i couldn't have an opinion.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:20 pm)Tom I can't believe how many people follow him. Not into politics or anything but I'm shocked he's got this far.

Trump's just an idiot with loads of money, if he gets in... America will just go down hill. 

Complete tool.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:15 pm)MurdnunoC Same here. I'm an atheist and couldn't give a toss about most of the 'British' traditions adopted from marauding Christians from Rome and further afield. 

What about those traditional pagan rituals we once celebrated, wiped out by the onslaught of Christianity?

Are we going back that far, please tell me more i have no idea what you are on about?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:20 pm)Michael I'm 25, i don't celebrate Easter because i'm to old and not religious etc but why shouldn't others, and why should companies have to put "Happy Easter" on back of the eggs in case it offends people?. 

That was the whole point in my post and now its got out of hand - because i couldn't have an opinion.

Can never be too old for Easter, I'm 22 and I still get Easter Eggs.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm)Michael Trump's just an idiot with loads of money, if he gets in... America will just go down hill. 

Complete tool.

Yeah he's like Hitler imo.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:23 pm)Jimmi Can never be too old for Easter, I'm 22 and I still get Easter Eggs.

I got one this year from work... my mam said i'm getting too old for them haha