North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm)BusLoverMum We're atheist. The kids are allergic to chocolate and Cadbury's aint what it used to be, anyhow. None of us would be that bothered if Easter disappeared from the calendar.

Are they actually allergic to chocolate or have you been telling them that from since they were born so you don't have to buy them sweets  Tongue

I would say I'm an Atheist too, I do celebrate Xmas, but as someone mentioned it's more of the commercial sense of it.

My opinion on religion / race / sexuality / gender etc is that if you're alright with me, then I'm fine with you. The only time I have issue with religion is people that try and shove it down your necks, Jahovah Witnesses that hang around bus stations being the main culprits.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:24 pm)Tom Yeah he's like Hitler imo.

Not Hitler yet but i can imagine the regime under him.... that looks scary.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm)GMitchelhill Are they actually allergic to chocolate or have you been telling them that from since they were born so you don't have to buy them sweets  Tongue

I would say I'm an Atheist too, I do celebrate Xmas, but as someone mentioned it's more of the commercial sense of it.

My opinion on religion / race / sexuality / gender etc is that if you're alright with me, then I'm fine with you. The only time I have issue with religion is people that try and shove it down your necks, Jahovah Witnesses that hang around bus stations being the main culprits.

Got exactly the same views.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 27 Mar 2016

Got thrown of 36473 on the e2 and replaced with 27729

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:26 pm)Michael I got one this year from work... my mam said i'm getting too old for them haha

Big Grin

Been out all day at Kirkby Stephen so I haven't tucked into mine yet! Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:32 pm)Jimmi Big Grin

Been out all day at Kirkby Stephen so I haven't tucked into mine yet! Big Grin

Good day Jimmi?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:23 pm)Michael Are we going back that far, please tell me more i have no idea what you are on about?

Well, as you know, Christianity began in Palestine sometime in the first century. It caught on and spread to Roman Empire where it became a state religion under the Roman Emperor, Constantine, in around the fourth century. As Romans held the most sway and controlled much of what we now called Europe (including Britain - as Britain is indeed part of Europe and not some island continent somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!!), religion spread to the provinces, sometimes by force, sometimes by more peaceful means.

Britain used to be Polytheistic country worshipping many local gods including, as you've asked me to name some, Woden and Thurnor. Some of the place names we know today date back to times when folk used local gods as inspiration to call settlements. We owe a lot to Paganism!

(27 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm)GMitchelhill Are they actually allergic to chocolate or have you been telling them that from since they were born so you don't have to buy them sweets  Tongue

Oh, so that's who The Watchtower people belong to. I always wondered.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:37 pm)citaro5284 Good day Jimmi?

Yeah, it was a good day.  Got to sample many different old buses which was a nice change to the likes of Pulsar's, mainly seemed to end up on Leyland Atlantean's. Was just a pity the weather turned nasty at times, as can be seen in this photo which I decided to take from a shop front entrance to take cover.
[Image: 26046121776_bdb57c02e0.jpg]Preserved: MSD407 by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Click the link below to see more of my photos from today.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums/72157666302689422

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 27 Mar 2016

Loving Citaro's signature.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 27 Mar 2016

I agree.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:45 pm)LeeCalder Loving Citaro's signature.

haha, just in response to another one floating around....no offence

(27 Mar 2016, 6:40 pm)MurdnunoC Well, as you know, Christianity began in Palestine sometime in the first century. It caught on and spread to Roman Empire where it became a state religion under the Roman Emperor, Constantine, in around the fourth century. As Romans held the most sway and controlled much of what we now called Europe (including Britain - as Britain is indeed part of Europe and not some island continent somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!!), religion spread to the provinces, sometimes by force, sometimes by more peaceful means.

Britain used to be Polytheistic country worshipping many local gods including, as you've asked me to name some, Woden and Thurnor. Some of the place names we know today date back to times when folk used local gods as inspiration to call settlements. We owe a lot to Paganism!

Ah right, cheers.

(27 Mar 2016, 6:48 pm)Michael Ah right, cheers.

Nee bother.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm)citaro5284 haha, just in response to another one floating around....no offence

That'll be mine.

(27 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm)DanPicken That'll be mine.

You knar the score Dan

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 27 Mar 2016

Not so much an allergy as the fact that it's an almost instant migraine trigger, and they both get the sort of migraines that leave the floor a mess at midnight. Cheese is off the menu, too, so no pizza.

I've noticed the JWs on the street tend to be pretty passive, at the moment.

(27 Mar 2016, 7:58 pm)BusLoverMum Not so much an allergy as the fact that it's an almost instant migraine trigger, and they both get the sort of migraines that leave the floor a mess at midnight. Cheese is off the menu, too, so no pizza.

I've noticed the JWs on the street tend to be pretty passive, at the moment.

Passive when they come to my front door as well....it does not get answered!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 27 Mar 2016

This post will probably be disliked, so what. It's annoying me. No names mentioned so I can't be held responsible for someone going off on a tantrum yada yada.

Seems like I'm still disliked and I'm still branded as an "attention seeker".

Turns out that what was supposed to be a private matter has spread to be known throughout the enthusiast community due to this individual - I've had people say that they no longer wish to be affiliated with me. Look what you're doing to me. Do I deserve more of this?

I have been through lots of crap in my life. I've only had a few established friends in my life, now of which, I've lost contact with. I've come to the realisation that my life hasn't worked out as well as I wanted it to be, and that I will never get a job. You sit there, thinking things can't just go from me being in an alright mood one day to the state I got myself into the following day. You turned out to be the most selfish person I have ever known, you were unsupportive, I had nowhere else to turn.

Three months on....guess what?! You're still at it, going around and telling people about what happened.

I'm depressed. So what?

Grow up. And stop finding joy out of other people's problems.

PS: My name ain't "Simms" or "Tommy", it's Thomas. Would you like me to write it down for you for future reference?

I don't see you as an attention seeker at all, not sure if you mean on here or outside the forum as I've not meet u outside the forum...either way you see a canny lad.