North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Mar 2016

Seen this on Facebook:

Its sad to see how many attacks has happened during this month...

The Pakistan victim numbers will continue to go up...

News reporting.. 70 are dead.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 2:31 pm)MurdnunoC He's too young for that sort of reference man... Tongue

I know - but it was too good of an opportunity to miss Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 28 Mar 2016

I do not no if god is real or how far heaven is

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I do not no if god is real or how far heaven is

Not sure if this is a serious post or not, but you'd probably find the answer at the church of the religion that you're referring to. Or not as you may choose to do so.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - R852 PRG - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I do not no if god is real or how far heaven is

It's just north of Blyth. 

As somebody who has no religious beliefs (and, to be quite honest, I could sit and argue about religion all day), I don't believe in God. Or Allah. Or Jehovah. Whichever one floats your boat.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 28 Mar 2016

Look at the evidence and judge for yourself.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 7:59 pm)R852 PRG It's just north of Blyth. 

As somebody who has no religious beliefs (and, to be quite honest, I could sit and argue about religion all day), I don't believe in God. Or Allah. Or Jehovah. Whichever one floats your boat.

I'm the same, i don't have any religious beliefs either, to me all its just a story someone made up.

I would not go to Blyth full of charity shops. And haunted of 1795/96 ghosts

(28 Mar 2016, 8:05 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I would not go to Blyth full of charity shops. And haunted of 1795/96 ghosts

Yeah, those ghosts from 1795/96 are really troublesome.

The ghosts from 1843-45 are no bother at all in comparison.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:05 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com I would not go to Blyth full of charity shops. And haunted of 1795/96 ghosts

North of Blyth is presumably North Blyth. 

Nowt there. 434 serves there every once in twenty years if you're going.

(28 Mar 2016, 8:08 pm)MurdnunoC Yeah, those ghosts from 1795/96 are really troublesome.

The ghosts from 1843-45 are no bother at all in comparison.
At least they didn't live on

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm)GX03 SVC North of Blyth is presumably North Blyth. 

Nowt there. 434 serves there every once in twenty years if you're going.

Or Bedlington, Which is definitely more heavenly than Blyth ( cough cough ) Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 28 Mar 2016

I'm the same, I'm an atheist.

(28 Mar 2016, 8:03 pm)Michael I'm the same, i don't have any religious beliefs either, to me all its just a story someone made up.

I find the overall concept hard to take seriously, yet I'm also intrigued by how it has captivated so many billions of people. I'm opposed to the way religion is taught in primary schools; I can recall the story of the Bible was one of the first things covered upon entering primary education. While only the good side is really portrayed, I think it's wrong that children are only told this version of events, rather than informed of the scientific theories as to how the world was formed. 

The fact that children are taught stories that come out of the same book that tells people to kill those who work on the Sabbath day (a Sunday - how many people work on Sundays in the United Kingdom?) rather than rest, is wrong, in my opinion. All theories should be explored to the best extent possible, and then children should be allowed to draw their own conclusions from everything they have learnt. Worth noting is that not all religious people will have read the Bible cover to cover - how can you base your morals and beliefs on a book that you haven't actually fully read? One thing worth praising, however, is that I suppose religion has helped in some aspects of society, such as moral conduct and decency.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm)South Tyne Lad Or Bedlington, Which is definitely more heavenly than Blyth ( cough cough )  Big Grin

[pedant] Thats north west of Blyth [/pedant]  Wink

We all know that Lynemouth is heaven.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 28 Mar 2016

In school Marcus, I was taught both sides to the creation of the world - both the religious and the scientific reasons. I felt it was then up to me to decide. I don't think I'm an atheist but I'm not a huge religious believer.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm)Davie I'm the same, I'm an atheist.
As am I.
(28 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm)GX03 SVC [pedant] Thats north west of Blyth [/pedant]  Wink

Na, Ashganistan is Heaven.

(28 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm)GX03 SVC [pedant] Thats north west of Blyth [/pedant]  Wink

[pedant] As the North Pole is slightly off-centre to what we would assume is North, Bedlington is probably more Northernly than North Blyth, which probably lies more to the North East [/pedant]  Wink

(28 Mar 2016, 8:18 pm)northern156 In school Marcus, I was taught both sides to the creation of the world - both the religious and the scientific reasons. I felt it was then up to me to decide. I don't think I'm an atheist but I'm not a huge religious believer.

What bugs me about the way religion is taught in my place of education, is that it only covers the varying religions and their takes on things (Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, to name a few), rather than provide some information on the varying scientific theories. While some of them are touched upon in science lessons (predominantly Physics and Chemistry, not so much Biology), I think that they should be brought into the religious education curriculum.

I think Pastafarianism should be taught on todays school syllabus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster