North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 11 Apr 2016

Slept in by around 5 hours for my explorer, so I'm going to have to do that later in the week now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 13 Apr 2016

My new office, now at Quorum. On a plus I no longer need to use the Metro.

I was under the impression the Quorum Express served Quorum...but I missed my stop when it didn't (admittedly I was half asleep reading some Ian Rankin)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 13 Apr 2016

Trivial annoyance: The guy whose tackle was clearly so large and delicate that he sat with his legs so wide apart that he blocked half the aisle on the bus, who then had the nerve to mutter when my shopping bags clonked him on the knee as I squeezed past. No way was I going to turn round and apologise for that.

Serious annoyance: The Daily Mail's cynical, disrespectful and intrusive treatment of Louise James, who lost several members of her family in a tragic accident. Private eye picked up on what they did. I hope she sues them. I'm sure there's a few lawyers who would love to represent her pro bono.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm)BusLoverMum Trivial annoyance: The guy whose tackle was clearly so large and delicate that he sat with his legs so wide apart that he blocked half the aisle on the bus, who then had the nerve to mutter when my shopping bags clonked him on the knee as I squeezed past. No way was I going to turn round and apologise for that.

Serious annoyance: The Daily Mail's cynical, disrespectful and intrusive treatment of Louise James, who lost several members of her family in a tragic accident. Private eye picked up on what they did. I hope she sues them. I'm sure there's a few lawyers who would love to represent her pro bono.

Just read the Daily Mail article you attached and I'm disgusted at how they've tricked her and used it for making money.
Absolute disgrace

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm)BusLoverMum Trivial annoyance: The guy whose tackle was clearly so large and delicate that he sat with his legs so wide apart that he blocked half the aisle on the bus, who then had the nerve to mutter when my shopping bags clonked him on the knee as I squeezed past. No way was I going to turn round and apologise for that.

Is there anything that paper won't do to get a story?
Pretty low.

I wonder what sort of regard her fellow journalists hold her in? Both at the Fail and elsewhere?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm)Andreos1 Is there anything that paper won't do to get a story?
Pretty low.

I wonder what sort of regard her fellow journalists hold her in? Both at the Fail and elsewhere?

Probably patting her on the back and telling her to ignore the meanies.

I found myself quoted in the Daily Maul, this week. Half of what they pass off for journalism online is just pretty much copying and pasting from various forums. Cheap, crap journalism, but at least they're not blagging their way into the house of someone's very recently bereaved and telling lies for a story.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 13 Apr 2016

The A171 is closed at Brambles Farm so we are currently stuck in some housing estate and we have barely moved within the last five minutes. Guess I won't be catching the 19:55 Northern service home.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 6:31 pm)Jimmi The A171 is closed at Brambles Farm so we are currently stuck in some housing estate and we have barely moved within the last five minutes. Guess I won't be catching the 19:55 Northern service home.

Were you ventured today?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Were you ventured today?
Scarborough. Decided to sample 7416 on the X93. What a mistake that was!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 6:33 pm)Jimmi Scarborough. Decided to sample 7416 on the X93. What a mistake that was!

Oh!
I think they should've of sent one of the refurbished ones to Redcar

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 6:33 pm)Jimmi Scarborough. Decided to sample 7416 on the X93. What a mistake that was!

What went wrong? Was it not out?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 6:40 pm)S813 FVK What went wrong? Was it not out?
It was and it was my X93 home as planned, didn't enjoy my ride in though I have to say, it performed okay but it wasn't the most comfortable ride and I was sat at the back upstairs so I can't blame the Urban90's seats for that.

I just caught my train at Middlesbrough which pleased me as I'd getting home an hour later otherwise! The seats on this particular Pacer (142065) are horrid!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Apr 2016

The 22 arriving 4 minutes early.

Soggy and still at home.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 16 Apr 2016

(16 Apr 2016, 9:15 am)BusLoverMum The 22 arriving 4 minutes early.

Soggy and still at home.

Was going to say complain to Arriva but not likely they'll do anything or even bother replying.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Apr 2016

(16 Apr 2016, 9:31 am)Tom Was going to say complain to Arriva but not likely they'll do anything or even bother replying.

I had a grumble on Twitter. Poinless taking it any further.

I'd checked the app 5 minutes before we left. Said it was on time then. I tracked it the rest of the way to Durham and it got earlier and earlier.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 16 Apr 2016

(16 Apr 2016, 9:39 am)BusLoverMum I had a grumble on Twitter. Poinless taking it any further.

I'd checked the app 5 minutes before we left. Said it was on time then. I tracked it the rest of the way to Durham and it got earlier and earlier.

I got an 85 recently from Hexham to Newcastle and it left Hexham one minute early and arrived seven minutes early

(13 Apr 2016, 7:02 pm)Jimmi It was and it was my X93 home as planned, didn't enjoy my ride in though I have to say, it performed okay but it wasn't the most comfortable ride and I was sat at the back upstairs so I can't blame the Urban90's seats for that.

I just caught my train at Middlesbrough which pleased me as I'd getting home an hour later otherwise! The seats on this particular Pacer (142065) are horrid!

I do wish 7416 was at Ashington Angel

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 17 Apr 2016

82A's are all over, some are going evading Barley Mow and going the way the 82B does, and others are going through Barley Mow.

The one I was on evaded Barley Mow.

I rang customer services and they said it has happened a couple of times today and they will be sending the relevant screenshots to the depot and having the drivers spoken too about the route.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 17 Apr 2016

Our travel team at work can't offer corporate Network One anymore (apparently it's stopped?) so now I'm looking at £92 a month for an all zone Network One....

Or I could risk £48 on the Arriva Tyne and Wear ticket which covers the X12 from Birtley and will take me to Quorum, it's a huge jump in price down from Network One, which I do t real,y use outside of work.

Choices!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm)Ambassador Our travel team at work can't offer corporate Network One anymore (apparently it's stopped?) so now I'm looking at £92 a month for an all zone Network One....

Or I could risk £48 on the Arriva Tyne and Wear ticket which covers the X12 from Birtley and will take me to Quorum, it's a huge jump in price down from Network One, which I do t real,y use outside of work.

Choices!

Network One, it will allow you to go further get the X21 and 21 as opposed to just Arriva and you can get the X63 to Quorum along with the 62, yet you could also use the X7, X8, 52 and the 54 as well to Quorum and also the X12. It can also be used on the metro.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm)NK53 TKT Network One, it will allow you to go further get the X21 and 21 as opposed to just Arriva and you can get the X63 to Quorum along with the 62, yet you could also use the X7, X8, 52 and the 54 as well to Quorum and also the X12. It can also be used on the metro.

I'm not sure if I could justify spending an additional £44 a month for the greater flexibility this ticket allows.