North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 17 Apr 2016

Think GNE should try a service to Quorum at peak times. Would be quite popular I'd imagine.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 5:37 pm)Dan I'm not sure if I could justify spending an additional £44 a month for the greater flexibility this ticket allows.

Nar, neither could I to be fair, especially if I didn't use it outside of commuting to/from work.

While the Arriva ticket offers limited flexibility south of the Tyne, the northern section isn't that bad. I'd take my chances and opt for the cheaper ticket. If that doesn't pan out, then there's greater justification for the Network One ticket.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 17 Apr 2016

Thanks all, I'd have to agree with Dan on the additional cost. It's pretty unjustifiable

It's £528 over the year. That's plenty of pints, gadgets and more cost into that. I could buy an Explorer on the odd day I want to venture out. I used the Metro a lot in our old Jesmond office and it absolutely made me hate people!

Sure relying on the X12 limits my options but I'm always in the office mega early so anyway and the later ops on the X12 make it easier to stay late, add in the convenience of the Quorum Express from Haymarket. I guess I've answered my own question! Plus there's always the X24 on for the Metrocentre!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 5:22 pm)Ambassador Our travel team at work can't offer corporate Network One anymore (apparently it's stopped?) so now I'm looking at £92 a month for an all zone Network One....

Or I could risk £48 on the Arriva Tyne and Wear ticket which covers the X12 from Birtley and will take me to Quorum, it's a huge jump in price down from Network One, which I do t real,y use outside of work.

Choices!

Why not try the arriva ticket for a week? If the X12 proves too unreliable, then you know not to bother with a monthly one.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm)LeeCalder 82A's are all over, some are going evading Barley Mow and going the way the 82B does, and others are going through Barley Mow.

The one I was on evaded Barley Mow.

I rang customer services and they said it has happened a couple of times today and they will be sending the relevant screenshots to the depot and having the drivers spoken too about the route.

Just mentioned it in the GNE latest thread.
Bit of a farce from what I have witnessed and heard.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 6:09 pm)Ambassador Thanks all, I'd have to agree with Dan on the additional cost. It's pretty unjustifiable

It's £528 over the year. That's plenty of pints, gadgets and more cost into that. I could buy an Explorer on the odd day I want to venture out. I used the Metro a lot in our old Jesmond office and it absolutely made me hate people!

Sure relying on the X12 limits my options but I'm always in the office mega early so anyway and the later ops on the X12 make it easier to stay late, add in the convenience of the Quorum Express from Haymarket. I guess I've answered my own question! Plus there's always the X24 on for the Metrocentre!

Alternatively Ambassador, you could get a Buzzfare or Angel Daysaver (if they still do them) and get an Arriva North Tyne weekly ticket.

I haven't researched this properly btw.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 18 Apr 2016

The traffic in Durham.

The worst I've seen it since the Christmas festival. Gilesgate queues are backed up half way down sherburn road. Glad my connection isn't until 10am, but I need the loo!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 18 Apr 2016

I'm having a crap day!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 18 Apr 2016

The 18.00 X12....currently at +61!!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 18 Apr 2016

(18 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm)Ambassador The 18.00 X12....currently at +61!!!!

Good luck with that Arriva monthly ticket!  Big Grin

(18 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm)Dan Good luck with that Arriva monthly ticket!  Big Grin

Haha. I'm planning on the 18.30 but would have caught the X12 since my Quorum Express was running very early  , the previous bus was showing - 7, when it left. Think the app is having a moment!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 18 Apr 2016

(18 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm)Ambassador The 18.00 X12....currently at +61!!!!
(18 Apr 2016, 5:06 pm)Dan Good luck with that Arriva monthly ticket!  Big Grin
(18 Apr 2016, 5:09 pm)Ambassador Haha. I'm planning on the 18.30 but would have caught the X12 since my Quorum Express was running very early  , the previous bus was showing - 7, when it left. Think the app is having a moment!

It looks like Gilesgate Roundabout is having a bigger effect on Durham's services than Milburngate Bridge had on them last Summer. How long before extra resources are reinstated into the X12 I wonder?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 18 Apr 2016

I would just like to point out that there have been massive delays in Durham thanks to a National Express coach (I believe Go North East) breaking down on the roundabout outside of Durham Bus Station, as well as the Gilesgate Roundabout roadworks...

And as if by magic....the service operated on time!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 18 Apr 2016

(18 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm)Ambassador And as if by magic....the service operated on time!

Ah is that what the owner of the costume shop from Mr Benn is doing now. He's driving buses for Arriva..

(18 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm)Kuyoyo It looks like Gilesgate Roundabout is having a bigger effect on Durham's services than Milburngate Bridge had on them last Summer. How long before extra resources are reinstated into the X12 I wonder?

It's the Leazes Bowl roundabout that the X12 has to get past. There's re-surfacing around the Gilesgate roundabout, this week, as the roadworks there are finished off. That appeared to be causing most of the problems, this morning. The two roundabouts together delayed us by about 15 minutes.

If the roadworks in Low Fell are still active, that probably caused most of the delays on the X12.

(18 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm)LeeCalder I would just like to point out that there have been massive delays in Durham thanks to a National Express coach (I believe Go North East) breaking down on the roundabout outside of Durham Bus Station, as well as the Gilesgate Roundabout roadworks...

That would cause problems, too!

(18 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm)BusLoverMum It's the Leazes Bowl roundabout that the X12 has to get past. There's re-surfacing around the Gilesgate roundabout, this week, as the roadworks there are finished off. That appeared to be causing most of the problems, this morning. The two roundabouts together delayed us by about 15 minutes.

If the roadworks in Low Fell are still active, that probably caused most of the delays on the X12.

Low Fell is all but done now, very few delays aside the normal rush hour traffic and the odd tailback outside the pointless new lights by the old Gateshead College

Even the 21s are sort of...whisper.....on time

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 19 Apr 2016

I've moved a load of posts related to Durham Bus Station to the appropriate thread:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=893&page=15

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 19 Apr 2016

My X21/21 home from Sunderland is currently running 20 minutes late according to the live map.