North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 20 Apr 2016

Been with the same hair stylist for years. Since last autumn he's been cutting my hair so I can grow it into a wedge, rather than short all over.

Well, he's changed career, so I ve had to try someone different. She's ignored what I asked for and cut it all short again Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 20 Apr 2016

Rant time. Proper hacked off. Last month I made the effort of going out of the city centre into the countryside to get photos of the new Tynedale Link buses in service in scenic settings. When I returned from my little adventure, I thought I send some into Buses Magazine. They took some photos to use in the magazine, so I was half expecting at least one to be used in the May Issue of the magazine. Nope wrong. Turns out the photo they used of a Tynedale Links was a photo taken at sodding Cling On Corner. A location that is overused by a number of local enthusiasts who are too lazy to go elsewhere (especially by those who have no work commitments), or lack the imagination to try out new locations. Whilst I spend my time seeking out these locations, yet a spot that is photoed everyday is used in preference to a scenic location, it boils my urine.

If you want the explicit swear word version, please check out my facebook.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 2:26 pm)GMitchelhill Rant time. Proper hacked off. Last month I made the effort of going out of the city centre into the countryside to get photos of the new Tynedale Link buses in service in scenic settings. When I returned from my little adventure, I thought I send some into Buses Magazine. They took some photos to use in the magazine, so I was half expecting at least one to be used in the May Issue of the magazine. Nope wrong. Turns out the photo they used of a Tynedale Links was a photo taken at sodding Cling On Corner. A location that is overused by a number of local enthusiasts who are too lazy to go elsewhere (especially by those who have no work commitments), or lack the imagination to try out new locations. Whilst I spend my time seeking out these locations, yet a spot that is photoed everyday is used in preference to a scenic location, it boils my urine.

You had some cracking ones too - especially of some routes that hadn't even been photographed before. I wouldn't worry too much about it but I know it's annoying that you took the time to send it in and they didn't bother to use them Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 11:00 am)BusLoverMum Been with the same hair stylist for years. Since last autumn he's been cutting my hair so I can grow it into a wedge, rather than short all over.

Well, he's changed career, so I ve had to try someone different. She's ignored what I asked for and cut it all short again Sad

The barbershop I use has recently closed and the other barber in the village has a bit of a reputation of being a butcher.

I now have the arduous task of finding a new barber while offsetting the cost of petrol against the cost of my getting my hair cut.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 2:26 pm)GMitchelhill Rant time. Proper hacked off. Last month I made the effort of going out of the city centre into the countryside to get photos of the new Tynedale Link buses in service in scenic settings. When I returned from my little adventure, I thought I send some into Buses Magazine. They took some photos to use in the magazine, so I was half expecting at least one to be used in the May Issue of the magazine. Nope wrong. Turns out the photo they used of a Tynedale Links was a photo taken at sodding Cling On Corner. A location that is overused by a number of local enthusiasts who are too lazy to go elsewhere (especially by those who have no work commitments), or lack the imagination to try out new locations. Whilst I spend my time seeking out these locations, yet a spot that is photoed everyday is used in preference to a scenic location, it boils my urine.

Aye Gary, its hard to believe, and like you say these people or one or two in particular have no imagination at all and stand there morning, noon and night, no wonder you are peed off.

I wonder these that dont (or will not) work and claim benefits - do they advise anyone of this extra income so their benefit can be reduced.....think we all know the answer - LOL

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 20 Apr 2016

It's a joke mate. But if they want to fill their publication full of repetitive shite, then more fool them.

The Tynedale Links must provide some of the most scenic bus routes in the Go North East network, so it's a shame they've not taken advantage of you sending them photos to use.

(20 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm)MurdnunoC The barbershop I use has recently closed and the other barber in the village has a bit of a reputation of being a butcher.

I now have the arduous task of finding a new barber while offsetting the cost of petrol against the cost of my getting my hair cut.

I wouldn't mind, but my cut cost £5 more than it used to!

If it's any consolation, it looks like they've cropped the photo so it's all bus, anyhow. Your pictures were lovely and it would have been a shame to crop out all the scenery to get a close up.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 20 Apr 2016

Just love it when I'm watching a football match and the sister's up!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jackamcardle - 20 Apr 2016

Do you have a link to the photo, or to who may have took it?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 20 Apr 2016

One thing has annoyed me lately...

Someone at my mams work said to her 'Sorry to hear about your daughter...Bet that was a shock' to me that is not the right words in my mind, course it was a shock, the woman lost her daughter(my sis) for god sake, what can be more shocking than the death of there child...

Another remark was made to my mam at my sisters wake(sic?) Someone said 'Dont worry about it, you'll get over it'

I cant imagine many parents getting over the death of there child

Ignorant is what I think [ANGRY FACE]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 8:53 pm)Jackamcardle Do you have a link to the photo, or to who may have took it?

The photo isn't stolen. I'm just peeved off at the fact that I go through the effort to get a rural shot or a photo at a location away from the norm, and a photo taken by someone else at Cling On Corner which takes no sodden effort to get photos.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm)GMitchelhill The photo isn't stolen. I'm just peeved off at the fact that I go through the effort to get a rural shot or a photo at a location away from the norm, and a photo taken by someone else at Cling On Corner which takes no sodden effort to get photos.
By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?

And nearly all of them are took at Cling on Corner.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 21 Apr 2016

It's the one without the Ipad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 21 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi By any chance was the photo taken by the person who nearly always gets their photos into Buses Magazine for North East stuff?

Yes................LOL

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 12:37 am)GMitchelhill It's the one without the Ipad

It wouldn't be mr Hogdson, would it?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 21 Apr 2016

Government cuts, just found out the library near my work is going to shut on a Monday and Thursday. I'm really surprised as it is a busy branch used by local schools and community groups.

I think it is such a shame, we should be looking after important local services not giving hundreds of millions of pounds in foreign aid to corrupt countries.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm)Charles41 Government cuts, just found out the library near my work is going to shut on a Monday and Thursday. I'm really surprised as it is a busy branch used by local schools and community groups.

I think it is such a shame, we should be looking after important local services not giving hundreds of millions of pounds in foreign aid to corrupt countries.

Charles

This rabble seem to think that things like public libraries are a luxury. Of course, if anyone complains about the cuts, the government line seems to be to suggest that councils can make efficiency savings elsewhere.

We were lucky that in the initial swathe, our council kept as many libraries open as possilble. Ours lost just a half day and had 2 half days consolidated into a long day, so it's still open 2 full weekdays and a Saturday morning - and that's a fairly quiet, small library.

Our most noticeable change in the village has been the sheer amount of litter since they got rid of the man with his little tractor who went around cleaning up and doing small maintenance jobs.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 21 Apr 2016

Binge watched Peep Show and Fresh Meat (again in the case of Fresh Meat) these past couple of weeks, and I once again find myself sad when I get to the end and find no more episodes, I wish it was continuous!