North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 22 Apr 2016

7458 being my 'Max' ride to work.

Hello numb bum

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 24 Apr 2016

Streetlites. Had to catch the 418 today, they are not built for it Arriva! 

Awful acceleration, ungodly noises when on the A1, just generally horrible vehicles.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 12:49 pm)mb134 Streetlites. Had to catch the 418 today, they are not built for it Arriva! 

Awful acceleration, ungodly noises when on the A1, just generally horrible vehicles.

I think that's the best way to describe them, IMO.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 24 Apr 2016

Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

Annoys the life outta me!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm)Michael Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

That doesn't sound like laziness. That sounds like a blatant attempt at plagiarism.

(24 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC That doesn't sound like laziness. That sounds like a blatant attempt at plagiarism.

That's another thing, she did it at Sunderland to. 

We go through Turnitin, which picks up plagiarism, so it would know anyway, i think it also lets the teachers know what time you put it in etc and i also get an email to confirm time/date.

Its quite annoying tbh, as it picks up the most stupid words!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm)Michael Seriously, i hate lazy people, especially when people expect others to send your essay over to them because they haven't turned up to uni classes!

I do hope you told them to bog off and do their own work.

(24 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm)BusLoverMum I do hope you told them to bog off and do their own work.

I did, she deleted me and blocked me on Facebook but that's ok haha

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 25 Apr 2016

The M&S website.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Apr 2016

It's freezing, there's no room to stand in the bus shelter and the 7 is currently 14 minutes late.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 25 Apr 2016

(25 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm)Jimmi It's freezing, there's no room to stand in the bus shelter and the 7 is currently 14 minutes late.

We had cold white stuff falling from the sky, again, earlier [hot chocolate]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 25 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm)Davie I think that's the best way to describe them, IMO.

Except 1583 Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 25 Apr 2016

When I was booking my tickets on the trainline for Derby, I had to ring them because I had a rail voucher...

The gentleman I was speaking to, although he was really helpful I unfortunately couldn't really understand due to his strong Indian accent, and I had a feeling he had misunderstood something I had said.

And he has, so my return tickets are from Derby instead of Tutbury & Hatton... Meaning I'm going to have to trawl back there, although it will be my last ride on the villager for a while, so not all that bad.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 25 Apr 2016

(25 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm)LeeCalder When I was booking my tickets on the trainline for Derby, I had to ring them because I had a rail voucher...

The gentleman I was speaking to, although he was really helpful I unfortunately couldn't really understand due to his strong Indian accent, and I had a feeling he had misunderstood something I had said.

And he has, so my return tickets are from Derby instead of Tutbury & Hatton... Meaning I'm going to have to trawl back there, although it will be my last ride on the villager for a while, so not all that bad.

You know you're better off booking them directly with the train operator rather than through a third party ticket firm.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 25 Apr 2016

High Street West roadworks....although the diverted X12 is now much quicker, it's a pain on the 21. Taking them an age to do

On a slight plus, Low Fells new bus lanes look near completion aside a few odd jobs. The 21 is again (whisper it once and knock on wood) on time!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 25 Apr 2016

(25 Apr 2016, 10:03 pm)GMitchelhill You know you're better off booking them directly with the train operator rather than through a third party ticket firm.

Completely echo this. Why people are happy paying a booking fee for absolutely no reason I do not know. Plus with other operators you can gain Nectar points etc...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 26 Apr 2016

(25 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm)Ambassador High Street West roadworks....although the diverted X12 is now much quicker, it's a pain on the 21. Taking them an age to do

On a slight plus, Low Fells new bus lanes look near completion aside a few odd jobs. The 21 is again (whisper it once and knock on wood) on time!!!

I was at Chester-le-Street for a few hours yesterday and noticed that the Angels were all running on-time.

Towards Newcastle, a 21 was departing Corals, and then the one which had terminated at the Red Lion swung around and occupied the stand, so it was essentially a "turn up and go" frequency.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 26 Apr 2016

Yeah, I didn't think twice though Gary, which really is my own fault. I refuse to book with VTEC, so have always booked on trainline. As to why I didn't book with CrossCountry I don't know.

When it comes to point or rewards etc I'm not really that arsed, I'm not a member of anything of such.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 6:51 am)LeeCalder Yeah, I didn't think twice though Gary, which really is my own fault. I refuse to book with VTEC, so have always booked on trainline. As to why I didn't book with CrossCountry I don't know.

When it comes to point or rewards etc I'm not really that arsed, I'm not a member of anything of such.

TBIB: May I ask why?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 9:33 am)northern156 TBIB: May I ask why?

Because of their eagerness to get you too book with them again, the constant flow of emails etc, which although you can stop are very annoying.

As well as this, the fact they now opt for Nectar Points instead of their own reward system.