North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Dan - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 4:43 pm)DanPicken There was a man on my 88 this marking something down it was either passengers or the route but it was a Solar and there was only a few seats left.

Go North East have a number of service performance supervisors who board random services and undertake quality audits, making note of missing branding and other quality issues.

I believe these supervisors also make note of passenger numbers on-board and sometimes undertake revenue protection checks.

(24 Nov 2015, 4:47 pm)DaveyBowyer These are done by Deptford who are responsible for the Southern Division (CLS, Washington, Crook, Stanley and Peterlee). Riverside only do Percy Main and Hexham.

Chances are it would have been at Riverside for general maintenance.

If Washington don't have the staff available but Riverside do, the vehicle can be moved to the depot with staff available to undertake relevant maintenance.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - DanPicken - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 4:48 pm)Dan Go North East have a number of service performance supervisors who board random services and undertake quality audits, making note of missing branding and other quality issues.

I believe these supervisors also make note of passenger numbers on-board and sometimes undertake revenue protection checks.

Would one issue be the wrong allocation considering it's the first South Tyne out, I believe. I tried to read what he put as I was waiting to get off but couldn't see it.

(24 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm)DanPicken Would one issue be the wrong allocation considering it's the first South Tyne out, I believe. I tried to read what he put as I was waiting to get off but couldn't see it.

No - it's a red single-decker bus, so this is an acceptable alternative in the eyes of Go North East.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - LeeCalder - 24 Nov 2015

I'm trying to think what they might be putting about the 82/82A ;-)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - DanPicken - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 5:40 pm)LeeCalder I'm trying to think what they might be putting about the 82/82A ;-)

It has the worst reliability besides the 88/A at Washington, terrible allocations and badly designed route.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - R852 PRG - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 5:42 pm)DanPicken It has the worst reliability besides the 88/A at Washington, terrible allocations and badly designed route.

Are you referring to branded vehicles being off-route here?

(24 Nov 2015, 5:43 pm)R852 PRG Are you referring to branded vehicles being off-route here?

Not for the 88, the 82/A never seems to have a full Cadet/Merit Allocation.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - S813 FVK - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 5:42 pm)DanPicken It has the worst reliability besides the 88/A at Washington, terrible allocations and badly designed route.

Buses are allowed to break down and be off the road for whatever reason...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - R852 PRG - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 5:45 pm)DanPicken Not for the 88, the 82/A never seems to have a full Cadet/Merit Allocation.

Was going to say; Washington and Chester-le-Street are the best allocators in the fleet in terms of branded vehicles.

(24 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm)R852 PRG Was going to say; Washington and Chester-le-Street are the best allocators in the fleet in terms of branded vehicles.

I agree although they should of bought 2 more B5LH's knowing the PVR was going up soon. With Washington it's only ever the South Tyne for Spares or X1 but a couple are allocated to that and 1 to the 88.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Jimmi - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm)DanPicken I agree although they should of bought 2 more B5LH's knowing the PVR was going up soon. With Washington it's only ever the South Tyne for Spares or X1 but a couple are allocated to that and 1 to the 88.

I imagine the B5LH's were ordered before the decision or the idea was even thought of to increase the PVR of the 21 owing to service changes being made to improve the reliability of the service, I think the B5LH's entered service a week before the timetable was changed if I remember correctly. Think 3962 & 3965 were originally meant to be spares but now they seem to make part of the PVR. If any bus has to be VOR corporate liveried buses on the 21 are going to be more noticeable. Same applies to the 309/310 as an extra bus was added to the PVR to make the service more reliable and the same has now happened to the 45/46 as well in the recent service changes.

(24 Nov 2015, 5:56 pm)Jimmi I imagine the B5LH's were ordered before the decision or the idea was even thought of to increase the PVR of the 21 owing to service changes being made to improve the reliability of the service, I think the B5LH's entered service a week before the timetable was changed if I remember correctly. Think 3962 & 3965 were originally meant to be spares but now they seem to make part of the PVR. If any bus has to be VOR corporate liveried buses on the 21 are going to be more noticeable. Same applies to the 309/310 as an extra bus was added to the PVR to make the service more reliable and the same has now happened to the 45/46 as well in the recent service changes.

Indeed, and new vehicle orders are placed months in advance of their arrival.

(24 Nov 2015, 5:45 pm)DanPicken Not for the 88, the 82/A never seems to have a full Cadet/Merit Allocation.

But providing the bus is red, what is the issue?

Washington will try to replace like for like as much as possible, but if there are no single decks left in the depot, they cannot allocate a single deck bus to the 82 service in place of an SB120.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - LeeCalder - 24 Nov 2015

Come on guys, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - G-CPTN - 24 Nov 2015

If a route diversion due to road closure because of roadworks is such that passengers need to walk to stops not usually served by the route (and there is no chance of seeing the bus coming so that passengers can move to the alternative stops) should the diversion be applied only during the road closure - or during the scheduled  closure?

Corbridge Newcastle Road is being resurfaced and closure is scheduled between 07:30 and 16:00, however, today, the planned construction work was completed early and the road closure was suspended before 15:00.

X84/X85 resumed the normal route - leaving some passengers standing at the wrong (alternative) stops.
I believe that I was able to warn the waiting passengers in time for them to walk to the original stops in time to catch their intended bus, but without my warning they would have stood 'no chance' . . .

I realise that this is debatable, and operators might prefer to return to the normal route as soon as possible.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - BusLoverMum - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 4:48 pm)Dan Go North East have a number of service performance supervisors who board random services and undertake quality audits, making note of missing branding and other quality issues.

We've had a couple of ticket inspections by them, over the past couple of months. Once on the 20 and once on, I think, the X21.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - omnicity4659 - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 pm)G-CPTN If a route diversion due to road closure because of roadworks is such that passengers need to walk to stops not usually served by the route (and there is no chance of seeing the bus coming so that passengers can move to the alternative stops) should the diversion be applied only during the road closure - or during the scheduled  closure?

Corbridge Newcastle Road is being resurfaced and closure is scheduled between 07:30 and 16:00, however, today, the planned construction work was completed early and the road closure was suspended before 15:00.

X84/X85 resumed the normal route - leaving some passengers standing at the wrong (alternative) stops.
I believe that I was able to warn the waiting passengers in time for them to walk to the original stops in time to catch their intended bus, but without my warning they would have stood 'no chance' . . .

I realise that this is debatable, and operators might prefer to return to the normal route as soon as possible.

Arriva certainly don't return to usual route after a scheduled road closure until end of service. It causes enough inconvenience to passengers to walk to the alternative stop. Drivers are advised to follow the diversion at all times, even if the road is open. This happened with the 35 a few weeks back, High Market in Ashington was closed and buses were diverting via Morpeth Road. The roadworks had been delayed so the road was still open.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Malarkey - 24 Nov 2015

Ahhh the ole chestnut that is the 82, nothing in this conversation that hasn't already been done to death before.

Malarkey yawns endlessly at this. 

Anyway look on the bright side chaps, reliability has slightly improved since the Merits replaced the 52Reg Cadets Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - NK53 TKT - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 9:46 pm)Malarkey Ahhh the ole chestnut that is the 82, nothing in this conversation that hasn't already been done to death before.

Malarkey yawns endlessly at this. 

Anyway look on the bright side chaps, reliability has slightly improved since the Merits replaced the 52Reg Cadets Wink

I want the merits, they are considerably better than the Cadets, especially NK04 ZLE