North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 29 Jun 2016

(28 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm)BusLoverMum The guy behind the Farridge guy

https://www.facebook.com/imossi.london/videos/629745873847353/

Is he doing it to the heckler? Or Farage?

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 02 Jul 2016

Loads of people in Crook this afternoon seemingly not being able to grasp the fact that they would have to wait until 18:10 for an Arriva bus to Bishop Auckland/Darlington on service 1B which is roughly an hour after the last X1 towards Darlington, I got to the stop at around 17:15 and one woman read the times for the X1 four times and then there was relief when a MAX X1 StreetLite appeared at around 17:25 which of course left not in service which confused and annoyed the passengers.

Additionally a Tow Law and a Durham bound 46 both arrived in Crook together and the people wishing to head towards Durham were looking to get on the Tow Law bound bus!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 09 Jul 2016

At the Interceptors event in boro "what you want to go near them for? The police innit?"

While people were queuing for autographs and srlfies. And licks off their best drug doggie.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - NK53 TKT - 15 Jul 2016

I saw an Arriva video on YouTube a few minutes ago (only just posted) and it has a small thing about the Haymarket, the one bus they capture is an X10/X11 Gemini on the X7!! Honestly, it is like Blyth advertise rare workings!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - South Tyne Lad - 16 Jul 2016

Bit of a fail from me,

Went all the way to Thropton to catch 1408 on the X14, Got in my spot and went to turn the camera on.......
The camera was dead.
Looking on the bright side though, I have 6 and a half weeks to go out to that area from Wednesday.

What has amused you/made you laugh today? - TEN 6083 - 23 Jul 2016

Driver on the 1 from Shildon to Darlington, kept singing randomly with some Christmas songs included

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Rapidsnap - 23 Jul 2016

(23 Jul 2016, 6:47 pm)TEN 6083 Driver on the 1 from Shildon to Darlington, kept singing randomly with some Christmas songs included

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Sounds like Steve Foster who owns a pair of Scouse Nationals

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 23 Jul 2016

(23 Jul 2016, 9:31 pm)GMitchelhill Sounds like Steve Foster who owns a pair of Scouse Nationals
Possibly, although there is another driver at Darlington I think it could possibly be.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - MrFozz - 24 Jul 2016

Something amused me yesterday...

I told my future in-laws what I thought of them exactly and they tried to say I threatened them.

I told her dad and sisters boyfriend they did not have a testicle between them and called them a pair of pussies, told them to leave my girl alone and stop picking on her. I said if they have something to say about me, then say it to me, I challenged them to meeting to try and settle things, but they dont like it when I stand up to them.

Soon as I told them that, her mother was on the phone to my mrs, she said that I said her dad has no balls, Mrs F was asked by her mother 'Do you think your dad has no balls' to which she replied 'Yes, he has no balls'

No threats just me wanting to clear the air and calling them out, even though I know they wont do nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - citaro5284 - 25 Jul 2016

People sending messages of congratulations to others on social media and most probably never spoke to the person or people before in their life Tongue

Funny Old World this is!

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - LeeCalder - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 3:40 pm)citaro5284 People sending messages of congratulations to others on social media and most probably never spoke to the person or people before in their life Tongue

Funny Old World this is!

I have a feeling I know what your talking of. Yes, I have met Mr Hornby and yes I have spoke to him, whilst he was at Trent.

It seems positive comments are now a negative.

I might as well give up. I apologise if I have a different liking to certain companies which you don't. But it is obvious that the comment is set out to try and get my to react. Now you've got it, are you happy?

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Dan - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 4:01 pm)LeeCalder I have a feeling I know what your talking of. Yes, I have met Mr Hornby and yes I have spoke to him, whilst he was at Trent.

It seems positive comments are now a negative.

I might as well give up.

I can't wait for the day you meet the Managing Directors of the bus operators in the North East! We might get some positive comments about the big three up here!  Big Grin

(25 Jul 2016, 4:08 pm)Dan I can't wait for the day you meet the Managing Directors of the bus operators in the North East! We might get some positive comments about the big three up here!  Big Grin

Well my main interest isn't in the North East, as you have probably imagined.

I wonder if that will receive a negative comment as well? Unfortunately, I can't help where I've grown up.

I've made some comments in the past which I now regret, and I've tried to make up for that, but evidently nothing has changed.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - R852 PRG - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 4:19 pm)LeeCalder Well my main interest isn't in the North East, as you have probably imagined.

I wonder if that will receive a negative comment as well? Unfortunately, I can't help where I've grown up.

I've made some comments in the past which I now regret, and I've tried to make up for that, but evidently nothing has changed.

So why take the time to slate Go North East so heavily?

(25 Jul 2016, 4:42 pm)R852 PRG So why take the time to slate Go North East so heavily?

I could ask that question to you, why take the time to slate other people so heavily, but that's not the point.

I don't go out my way to slag a company off, that would be stupendous (you can find a larger word if you wish), but I have noted that every single point is make is targeted. Even the positive ones I make - someone else could make the same point, and nothing is said.

I use the debate on the website as an example.

(25 Jul 2016, 4:46 pm)LeeCalder I could ask that question to you, why take the time to slate other people so heavily, but that's not the point.

I don't go out my way to slag a company off, that would be stupendous (you can find a larger word if you wish), but I have noted that every single point is make is targeted. Even the positive ones I make  - someone else could make the same point, and nothing is said.

In response to your first point, have Go North East ever done anything to you personally? 

I am afraid that's what happens when you develop a reputation that consists of mindless slating and harsh criticisms for the slightest of things.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 4:46 pm)LeeCalder I could ask that question to you, why take the time to slate other people so heavily, but that's not the point.

I don't go out my way to slag a company off, that would be stupendous (you can find a larger word if you wish), but I have noted that every single point is make is targeted. Even the positive ones I make  - someone else could make the same point, and nothing is said.

I don't feel that this comes down to reputations or whatnot. I just think some of the posts and comments made around companies are comical, deluded and completely unfounded. That's all corners I'm referring to, not just yourself.

I tend to get people send me screenshots or copies of social media posts quite often, which if I'm honest, I couldn't care less about. Some of them, however, I do find quite amusing. I was sent one of a post about GNE's use of the ex-Brighton & Hove OmniDekkas on the Airshow Shuttles, despite still being in the B&H livery. By the content of the post, you'd think someone at GNE had taken a sledgehammer to them and then torched them, prior to them being used at the weekend. I doubt the same comments were made when Stagecoach sent the E400s out last year. It's this level of delusion and blinkeredness that I find comical, but in essence, it's quite sad really.

Once upon a time, if something was clearly crap, it'd be said that it was crap and why. You'd have a bit of debate around it, and that would be that. Now maybe I'm just getting less patient in my old age, but I constantly see the same crack banded round and round, almost like a continuous loop. Have the debate, and move on. It'd be a boring world if we all agreed with each other, but it'd equally be a boring world if we all became broken records. 

Two examples -

1) Go North East's 'corporate' repaints are piss poor quality. You'd have to be blind to see otherwise. Lets have a debate around quality of paint and the quality perception to customers? 

2) Arriva running around with buses that haven't been painted since new, is equally as piss poor. Again, you'd have to be blind to see otherwise. Lets have the same debate?

What I'm saying is that I wish enthusiasts would actually engage and debate issues, rather than making cheap off the cuff remarks for a few likes, spitting their dummy out when someone disagrees, and not being able to back their opinion up.

Discuss.

(25 Jul 2016, 5:58 pm)Adrian I don't feel that this comes down to reputations or whatnot. I just think some of the posts and comments made around companies are comical, deluded and completely unfounded. That's all corners I'm referring to, not just yourself.

I tend to get people send me screenshots or copies of social media posts quite often, which if I'm honest, I couldn't care less about. Some of them, however, I do find quite amusing. I was sent one of a post about GNE's use of the ex-Brighton & Hove OmniDekkas on the Airshow Shuttles, despite still being in the B&H livery. By the content of the post, you'd think someone at GNE had taken a sledgehammer to them and then torched them, prior to them being used at the weekend. I doubt the same comments were made when Stagecoach sent the E400s out last year. It's this level of delusion and blinkeredness that I find comical, but in essence, it's quite sad really.

Once upon a time, if something was clearly crap, it'd be said that it was crap and why. You'd have a bit of debate around it, and that would be that. Now maybe I'm just getting less patient in my old age, but I constantly see the same crack banded round and round, almost like a continuous loop. Have the debate, and move on. It'd be a boring world if we all agreed with each other, but it'd equally be a boring world if we all became broken records. 

Two examples -

1) Go North East's 'corporate' repaints are piss poor quality. You'd have to be blind to see otherwise. Lets have a debate around quality of paint and the quality perception to customers? 

2) Arriva running around with buses that haven't been painted since new, is equally as piss poor. Again, you'd have to be blind to see otherwise. Lets have the same debate?

What I'm saying is that I wish enthusiasts would actually engage and debate issues, rather than making cheap off the cuff remarks for a few likes, spitting their dummy out when someone disagrees, and not being able to back their opinion up.

Discuss.

That's a fair comment.

The Brighton comments yesterday, which involved a few people were jokey, and were blown out of proportion by someone who didn't quite understand the joke between the group of friends, (One of which works for Go North East....) which is why the comments were being liked.

It's an on-running joke, which to the public eye isn't funny, which is what the problem was yesterday.

The discussion only became serious when someone who wasn't involved, got involved.

(25 Jul 2016, 5:58 pm)Adrian I don't feel that this comes down to reputations or whatnot. I just think some of the posts and comments made around companies are comical, deluded and completely unfounded. That's all corners I'm referring to, not just yourself.

Two examples -

Discuss.

Completely agree with most of these points. 

I'd love for things to be how they were twelve/thirteen years ago, when the interest was first sparked, with everything running around in one livery and almost all of the vehicles were enjoyable to ride on, but time has moved on since then. I feel like some enthusiasts are just sardonic about Go North East, generally for very petty reasons, because there seems to be some sort of appeal to mindlessly slating a company, with just one incident being enough to get the ball rolling for these people. In many cases, this is just something as simple as a Nexus Solo SR appearing on the Citylink or Quaylink. Meanwhile people are dying with hunger on the other side of the world. Priorities and such. 

In summary, I think the people who seemingly despise Go North East and get great pleasure out of pointing out as many problems as they can find (yet Arriva and Stagecoach seem to be immune to this) need to stop copying the opinions of others, hiding behind snide remarks and then having a hissy fit as soon as somebody challenges them. It's just a shame that some of this boring and monotonous conversation always seems to have the support of the others in these circles.

(25 Jul 2016, 7:04 pm)R852 PRG Completely agree with most of these points. 

I'd love for things to be how they were twelve/thirteen years ago, when the interest was first sparked, with everything running around in one livery and almost all of the vehicles were enjoyable to ride on, but time has moved on since then. I feel like some enthusiasts are just sardonic about Go North East, generally for very petty reasons, because there seems to be some sort of appeal to mindlessly slating a company, with just one incident being enough to get the ball rolling for these people. In many cases, this is just something as simple as a Nexus Solo SR appearing on the Citylink or Quaylink. Meanwhile people are dying with hunger on the other side of the world. Priorities and such. 

In summary, I think the people who seemingly despise Go North East and get great pleasure out of pointing out as many problems as they can find (yet Arriva and Stagecoach seem to be immune to this) need to stop copying the opinions of others, hiding behind snide remarks and then having a hissy fit as soon as somebody challenges them. It's just a shame that some of this boring and monotonous conversation always seems to have the support of the others in these circles.

When I first moved back up here from Staffordshire, Go North East were probably the best company in the UK. Everything was smart, if a bus had a missing vinyl, it would be replaced at the earliest opportunity, all of the branded buses had internal branding, there was a really smart corporate livery, and the management communicated properly with passengers, usual through the medium of Open Line, which I though was a fantastic idea. A lot of things aren't like that now though, which is my main gripe. Because, there is so much potential in the company, and I don't for one moment lay the blame on the directors and management of Go North East, I blame it on the Go Ahead Group. Look at Brighton & Hove, Headlingham and Chambers. They aren't getting the funding they used to, which is a shame.

Again, when I first moved back up here, Arriva were f*cking terrible. But, especially last year, they flourished with Sapphire and MAX. However, I do believe that they have started to stagnate.