North East Buses
What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What has amused you/made you laugh today? (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 16 Dec 2016

(16 Dec 2016, 11:19 am)James101 After leaving GNE's online customer service team, Bob went for his next job interview....
This is pure gold

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - EL1TE - 16 Dec 2016

GNE 6028 still has an interior about the angel...

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 02 Jan 2017

Seeing that 'illegal raves' are alive and well, with one happening last night in one of the towers on the Newcastle side of the Tyne Bridge.
Police closed it down.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - MurdnunoC - 02 Jan 2017

(02 Jan 2017, 11:07 am)Andreos1 Seeing that 'illegal raves' are alive and well, with one happening last night in one of the towers on the Newcastle side of the Tyne Bridge.
Police closed it down.

What's more amusing, if you read the Chronicle's Facebook page, is that very few are condemning the rave itself. It seems half are saying 'Good on them' while the other half are wanting in know where their invite was...

So far, no arrests have been made.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 04 Jan 2017

(02 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm)MurdnunoC What's more amusing, if you read the Chronicle's Facebook page, is that very few are condemning the rave itself. It seems half are saying 'Good on them' while the other half are wanting in know where their invite was...

So far, no arrests have been made.

One comment in particular made me chuckle. It was from someone who appeared to be against the rave and was extremely concerned with the amount of pigeon sh!t in the towers and the diseases it could cause.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - MurdnunoC - 04 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 9:02 am)Andreos1 One comment in particular made me chuckle. It was from someone who appeared to be against the rave and was extremely concerned with the amount of pigeon sh!t in the towers and the diseases it could cause.

Yeah, I saw that. Though I must point out, he didn't unequivocally state he was against the rave but rather, as you say, the venue.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Andreos1 - 08 Jan 2017

https://twitter.com/NUFC_JAY17/status/817138193913053184

Has Defoe gone yet?

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - South Tyne Lad - 12 Jan 2017

Sat here laughing at the Sad Bastard that decided to report me and a fellow enthusiast friend on Facebook for " Fake Names " Hahahahaha......

So to clear things up, I'll explain everything again.

The fact I don't have a public Bus Account with my first and last name on is because for one, I have a Personal Account with them names where people who I don't want to know I have a hobby in transport.
Two , My account isn't a fake name, Aaron is my middle name ( Albeit I rarely use ) , And its going to stay that way.

I only got back into the Facebook side of the hobby last week, And it seems someone doesn't want me on there, But , Unfortunately for whoever done this , You'll have to put up with me.

I'm not scared to criticise anyone, I'm not scared to show someone up either , I'm also not scared to say something to anyone face to face either, Which I'll jump at the chance to do when I find out who it is.

I thought I would post it on here because half of my Bus Account friends are also members of this forum, So it gets the message across quicker.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jimmi - 12 Jan 2017

(12 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm)South Tyne Lad Sat here laughing at the Sad Bastard that decided to report me and a fellow enthusiast friend on Facebook for " Fake Names " Hahahahaha......

The fact I don't have a public Bus Account with my first and last name on is because for one, I have a Personal Account with them names where people who I don't want to know I have a hobby in transport.
Two , My account isn't a fake name, Aaron is my middle name ( Albeit I rarely use ) , And its going to stay that way.

I only got back into the Facebook side of the hobby last week, And it seems someone doesn't want me on there, But , Unfortunately for whoever done this , You'll have to put up with me.

I'm not scared to criticise anyone, I'm not scared to show someone up either , I'm also not scared to say something to anyone face to face either, Which I'll jump at the chance to do when I find out who it is.

I thought I would post it on here because half of my Bus Account friends are also members of this forum, So it gets the message across quicker.

Sounds about right.

I don't why this is but quite often it seems this hobby and Facebook don't mix well together, seems like just about everyday I am witnessing a argument between enthusiasts, usually over nowt, some want ape over being called tramps the other day.

As for the "someone not wanting you there" thing, stay as it will annoy them.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 12 Jan 2017

(12 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm)South Tyne Lad Sat here laughing at the Sad Bastard that decided to report me and a fellow enthusiast friend on Facebook for " Fake Names " Hahahahaha......

I don't touch facebook when it comes to this stuff because the whole social network is notorious for this. I used to be uptight about my interest, but since I've let it go. It's no different from anyone being open about playing computer games or whatever, they're all hobbies.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 12 Jan 2017

I don't use faceache, but I do have an account with a pseudonym, just for gaming and signups. I'm blown if I'm going to maintain a (very thin) veneer of anonymity all over the Internet, then put my life out on that particular website, for everyone to pick apart, warts and all.

(12 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm)Jimmi Sounds about right.

I don't why this is but quite often it seems this hobby and Facebook don't mix well together, seems like just about everyday I am witnessing a argument between enthusiasts, usually over nowt, some want ape over being called tramps the other day.

As for the "someone not wanting you there" thing, stay as it will annoy them.

I agree, Facebook is just used for people to spread rubbish around about others in my opinion.

Only reason I restarted being active on the account again was so that I could get to know other Enthusiasts a bit more.

(12 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm)Jamie M I don't touch facebook when it comes to this stuff because the whole social network is notorious for this. I used to be uptight about my interest, but since I've let it go. It's no different from anyone being open about playing computer games or whatever, they're all hobbies.

Aye, I think its different with ages however, As I'm only 14 and people my age take hobbys like this as " weird " , I will probably be more open about my hobby once I'm a bit older and left school.

(12 Jan 2017, 2:44 pm)BusLoverMum I don't use faceache, but I do have an account with a pseudonym, just for gaming and signups. I'm blown if I'm going to maintain a (very thin) veneer of anonymity all over the Internet, then put my life out on that particular website, for everyone to pick apart, warts and all.

Out of all the Social Media's I use, I find Facebook the worst, Everyone uses it to basically spread rubbish about others tbh.

(12 Jan 2017, 3:39 pm)South Tyne Lad Out of all the Social Media's I use, I find Facebook the worst, Everyone uses it to basically spread rubbish about others tbh.

Spread rubbish and cause bother, someone was threatening to report me to the police for verbal abuse a few weeks back, all I said was how embarrassed I was when he shouted my name to me across the bus I got on.

Probably going to get this threat again now for posting this on here.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Jamie M - 12 Jan 2017

(12 Jan 2017, 3:57 pm)Jimmi Spread rubbish and cause bother, someone was threatening to report me to the police for verbal abuse a few weeks back, all I said was how embarrassed I was when he shouted my name to me across the bus I got on.

They'll be paying the court fees, lol.

(12 Jan 2017, 3:57 pm)Jimmi Spread rubbish and cause bother, someone was threatening to report me to the police for verbal abuse a few weeks back, all I said was how embarrassed I was when he shouted my name to me across the bus I got on.

I wouldn't worry about it, Like you said, There only causing bother for no reason. Smile

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - BusLoverMum - 12 Jan 2017

Yeah, the police would really take him seriously. What a muppet.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 12 Jan 2017

It's not going to resolve the problem of being reported for using a pseudonym, but would an alternative of creating a Facebook page work? 

You can create a photographer page or whatever, similar to what Jimmi has, and then you're abiding by Facebook's (at times ridiculous) terms of service.

(12 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm)Adrian It's not going to resolve the problem of being reported for using a pseudonym, but would an alternative of creating a Facebook page work? 

You can create a photographer page or whatever, similar to what Jimmi has, and then you're abiding by Facebook's (at times ridiculous) terms of service.

Here is a cheeky plug for my Facebook page, to give people an idea: https://www.facebook.com/Jimmis-Transport-Photos-1802752500006124/

It's not a bad idea in fairness, you can still receive messages from people if you set it up to do so. One downside though is I am unsure if you would be able to join Facebook Groups or not.

RE: What has amused you/made you laugh today? - Adrian - 12 Jan 2017

(12 Jan 2017, 5:45 pm)Jimmi Here is a cheeky plug for my Facebook page, to give people an idea: https://www.facebook.com/Jimmis-Transport-Photos-1802752500006124/

It's not a bad idea in fairness, you can still receive messages from people if you set it up to do so. One downside though is I am unsure if you would be able to join Facebook Groups or not.

I'd expect nothing less from you Jimmi!  Tongue

You can't join groups as a page or friend request people, but you can like other pages - not individuals.

(12 Jan 2017, 8:42 pm)Adrian I'd expect nothing less from you Jimmi! 

Got to do a bit of promotion to help get the word out. I've even got Arriva promoting my Flickr now!